Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 11:07:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334537 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  XBOX: A New Generation Revealed, May 21st
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 47 Print
Author Topic: XBOX: A New Generation Revealed, May 21st  (Read 32054 times)
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: June 15, 2013, 03:41:15 AM »

http://gimmegimmegames.com/2013/06/xbox-one-may-not-be-able-to-be-sold-used/
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: June 15, 2013, 03:41:48 AM »

But I do love a trainwreck.

I can't turn away. The comments on MS shooting itself in the foot has been going on for a while... I've seen companies shoot themselves in the foot before. It's funny, but nothing big. I've never seen a company reload and shoot themselves this many times. I can't point to a single thing they've done and say "Well that one was a great decision, at least!" This is just crazy.

It's not so much that they're shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly it's that they're like NNNNGHYA THAT FELT SO GOOOOOD every time they do it, before hastily reloading while salivating lustily.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 15, 2013, 03:48:02 AM »

Some idiot/troll/complete asshole deliberately cut off the rest of that conversation where it was concluded, yes, you COULD sell a used Xbox One console.

Then this idiot wrote a story about that without verifying. So, no, for once we have a false alarm.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: June 15, 2013, 03:54:21 AM »

Some idiot/troll/complete asshole deliberately cut off the rest of that conversation where it was concluded, yes, you COULD sell a used Xbox One console.

Then this idiot wrote a story about that without verifying. So, no, for once we have a false alarm.
Wow, a false alarm for once.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 15, 2013, 04:02:58 AM »

For reference here's the entire chain.
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: June 15, 2013, 04:20:04 AM »

I can't turn away. The comments on MS shooting itself in the foot has been going on for a while... I've seen companies shoot themselves in the foot before. It's funny, but nothing big. I've never seen a company reload and shoot themselves this many times. I can't point to a single thing they've done and say "Well that one was a great decision, at least!" This is just crazy.

It's not so much that they're shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly it's that they're like NNNNGHYA THAT FELT SO GOOOOOD every time they do it, before hastily reloading while salivating lustily.

I have to give you points for that. I admit, I peed a little when I read/pictured it.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: June 15, 2013, 04:27:51 AM »

Good to note, although I do wonder if there might be some gotcha with second-hand consoles. That question WAS specifically about selling it, after all, and not about buying a used one. I don't really see how they could charge a reactivation fee or anything, considering you can, apparently, use your XBL account on any console, but given the financial situation at Microsoft and consoles being sold at a lost, I can imagine they'd LIKE to recoup money from people buying the system used.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: June 15, 2013, 09:35:32 AM »

Trainwreck or not, I did get a disgusting amount of pre-orders yesterday at work for the Xbone. Mind you, I live next to a snobbish upperclass neighborhood full of kids whose parents will buy them whatever they want without a care in the world what it is and grown manchildren who have enough old money that they really don't care what they throw it at, but it does show that the XB1 has a market.

Like my boss said, though, the WiiU also sold fairly well at launch up to Xmas and then plummeted after people had realized what they got themselves into.
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: June 15, 2013, 02:17:27 PM »

Trainwreck or not, I did get a disgusting amount of pre-orders yesterday at work for the Xbone. Mind you, I live next to a snobbish upperclass neighborhood full of kids whose parents will buy them whatever they want without a care in the world what it is and grown manchildren who have enough old money that they really don't care what they throw it at, but it does show that the XB1 has a market.

Like my boss said, though, the WiiU also sold fairly well at launch up to Xmas and then plummeted after people had realized what they got themselves into.

That's actually encouraging, the screaming spoiled children on Live were the only ones I hoped wouldn't end up on PSN.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: June 15, 2013, 05:07:49 PM »

source (account ban = sayonara to your games)

Not too surprising.  Just another reason to avoid.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Games-E3-Were-Running-Windows-7-With-Nvidia-GTX-Cards-56737.html

Reiterating: I don't care about modern game consoles. The next systems I buy are going to be a 3DS and a Vita (or a replacement original XBox if I can't get mine fixed up). The next generation really is not /interesting/ to me, on a personal level.

Assuming they are using the absolute lowest GTX 700 series card, they are still using a card that retails for the exact same price as a PS4.  A card that is definitely well above whatever is ultimately used in the Xbone.  Pretty shady.  Wonder if more news outlets will catch this.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: June 15, 2013, 05:25:48 PM »

/r/games interview with Xbox Live's Major Nelson -- RedditGames, YouTube
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: June 15, 2013, 05:53:50 PM »

I love that interview.

"You can't play disk based games from the disk without the internet check because we designed the system to be flexible."

Being able to say that with a straight face, he really is their best at PR.

*edit*

Another major nelson interview, this time with Angry Joe. Angry Joe doesn't seem to being overly rude other than the fact that he talks too much... but Major Nelson gets clearly pissed. Least professional Major Nelson interview I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RtSGFryKwo
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 08:28:59 PM by zMKnightz » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: June 16, 2013, 01:52:47 AM »

Damn I don't like seeing anyone fail but this seems like it's going to be one of the biggest technological and commercial blunders ever. It feels like they're trying to strip consumer rights away and I'll be voting with my wallet.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 16, 2013, 02:02:23 AM »

Damn I don't like seeing anyone fail but this seems like it's going to be one of the biggest technological and commercial blunders ever. It feels like they're trying to strip consumer rights away and I'll be voting with my wallet.

Well, it helps that Microsoft as a whole certainly won't go down. The Xbox related people in their Entertainment division, maybe, but I suspect/hope most of them would have relatively little trouble finding a new job (nevermind that Don Mattrick came out of retirement at the behest of Robbie Bach wanting him to come to Microsoft, so he could probably just go "well that was fun" and return to retirement.)
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: June 16, 2013, 02:29:19 PM »

I guess Sony won that poll Amazon had going... 38,984 to 2,162. Yet another thing I don't remember ever seeing before.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/PS4-Grabs-95-Consumer-Votes-Amazon-Ends-Poll-Early-56766.html
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 02:31:14 PM by zMKnightz » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 47 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: