Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 10:12:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334632 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  XBOX: A New Generation Revealed, May 21st
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 47 Print
Author Topic: XBOX: A New Generation Revealed, May 21st  (Read 32150 times)
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #480 on: June 18, 2013, 10:36:47 PM »

I know they want to push HDMI for the Xbox One, but component cables are still pretty high quality and there are a lot of people out there using them.

My TV doesn't have enough HDMI ports for all of my devices, so I still use component as well as HDMI.  When I did the research back when I bought my TV, everything said that HDMI and component produce equal quailty, and that whether one or the other looks better from a given device depends only on how optimized the device is for each output format. 

(Edited to fix my earlier mistake.  Kevadu also meant to say component.)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 11:25:24 PM by Tooker » Logged

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: June 18, 2013, 10:50:37 PM »

I know they want to push HDMI for the Xbox One, but composite cables are still pretty high quality and there are a lot of people out there using them.

My TV doesn't have enough HDMI ports for all of my devices, so I still use composite as well as HDMI.  When I did the research back when I bought my TV, everything said that HDMI and composite produce equal quailty, and that whether one or the other looks better from a given device depends only on how optimized the device is for each output format. 
Um....you guys realize composite is BASIC yellow video-red/white two channel audio, right? I assume you all mean component and are just mistyping.

TASTY!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 18, 2013, 10:54:25 PM »

Um....you guys realize composite is BASIC yellow video-red/white two channel audio, right? I assume you all mean component and are just mistyping.

Yeah, I was wondering what the fuck they were talking about. Component can be equal to HDMI, but composite? I can't stand it on my SNES to my HDTV, I have to use S-Video, then it just looks like the Vita's Bilinear filtering on PSP/PS1 games.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 18, 2013, 11:02:31 PM »

Oops - yes, that is indeed what I meant.

—Kurt Vonnegut
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: June 18, 2013, 11:08:26 PM »

I know they want to push HDMI for the Xbox One, but composite cables are still pretty high quality and there are a lot of people out there using them.

My TV doesn't have enough HDMI ports for all of my devices, so I still use composite as well as HDMI.  When I did the research back when I bought my TV, everything said that HDMI and composite produce equal quailty, and that whether one or the other looks better from a given device depends only on how optimized the device is for each output format. 

I obviously meant component, sorry.  Got it right in every part of my big long post except for the one section Tooker had to go and quote ;)

Though I don't think the Wii U has optical out either.

Seriously?  I guess I'm not getting a Wii U...

Does it really matter for virtual console games and super smash bros. etc? Get a grip

Well, I guess using component is an option for the Wii U, and that has good old analog audio.  Though that likely means no 5.1.

It's a bigger problem on the new 360 since it doesn't even do component.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: June 19, 2013, 12:51:53 PM »

I really don't want an xbone but... some of the exclusives look promising...so far.

Time to start exercising restraint and responsibility?
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: June 19, 2013, 01:26:33 PM »

This thread is too long for me to read so I don't know if it's been addressed but..Fuck XBox One and it's always on Kinect. I have heard a lot of rumors and conspiracies about how it will be used and if only 1% of them are true fuck this thing.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: June 19, 2013, 01:44:41 PM »

Daggerstrike...all of them are true.

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: June 19, 2013, 01:58:39 PM »

No, you can turn off or pause the kinnect if the game or app doesn't use it.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 19, 2013, 02:19:47 PM »

What happened to the whole "camera and mic are on all the time even if you're not playing games?"  Did that go away?

—Kurt Vonnegut
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: June 19, 2013, 02:31:54 PM »

What happened to the whole "camera and mic are on all the time even if you're not playing games?"  Did that go away?

No, Yoda is just wishing I think. Everything I have read indicates that the always on is truth. I don't need my Xbox seeing what I do in front of my TV and judging me.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: June 19, 2013, 02:47:25 PM »

No, Yoda is just wishing I think. Everything I have read indicates that the always on is truth. I don't need my Xbox seeing what I do in front of my TV and judging me.
It's not that it's always on but that it's always active. The system won't turn on without kinect hooked up, and therefore will not operate without it in use. Idk about halting its functions as currently the only way to turn it on is via voice command...

TASTY!
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: June 19, 2013, 04:02:46 PM »

They say that you can shut it off and even disable the mic... but with forced updates and needing to have it plugged in at all times and the fact that they *can* enable it from their end the mention that it's going to transfer a lot of data on their pre-order requirements page made me laugh with all the conspiracy theories already going around.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/pre-order-xbox-one/disclaimer

Kinect Sensor for Xbox One (included) and periodic system software updates required for continued use; significant updates may be required during set-up and over time (ISP fees apply).

"We swear, this is just the 3GB monthly patch."

My biggest issue with Kinect isn't the whole spying thing... it's being forced to buy an addon that I don't want. I'm mainly a RPGer... I bought Kinect with the hopes of running around swinging a sword or punching whales... none of the games that use Kinect are really my thing. I have one that was a failed investment, trying to force me to buy another just pisses me right off.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #493 on: June 19, 2013, 04:10:29 PM »

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/415414/microsoft-to-ditch-xbox-one-drm-and-always-online-policies-say-sources/

Interesting. I'd love to see them do this. It won't affect me totally having no interest in the console (seriously, nothing in their lineup makes me want one. I played Lost Odyssey on my 360 and Phantom Dust on my original Xbox. I'm not doing this dance a third time). But even so, it would be good overall for competition for them to do this.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: June 19, 2013, 04:26:55 PM »

Unfortunately, it won't matter quite as much as they want it to. People are already soured over Microsoft's poor handling of this entire console reveal.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 47 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: