Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 04:28:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332943 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  XBOX: A New Generation Revealed, May 21st
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 Print
Author Topic: XBOX: A New Generation Revealed, May 21st  (Read 31402 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: July 24, 2013, 05:11:23 PM »

So MS reversed-course on indie self-publishing.  Wonder what they'll do a 180 on next...

Gotta love this PR bullshit, though:
Our vision is that every person can be a creator. That every Xbox One can be used for development. That every game and experience can take advantage of all of the features of Xbox One and Xbox LIVE. This means self-publishing.

Doing the same thing as all your competitors only after consumers and developers bitch endlessly about your policies is so visionary!

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: July 24, 2013, 05:25:43 PM »

I am getting so pissed at Microsoft for all these turnarounds. Not because they're bad for the industry, I think they're awesome for the industry. But it garners more support for Microsoft who have now shown not only are they willing to try and screw over their customers as much as they're allowed, but also that they're incredibly disingenuous.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: July 24, 2013, 08:14:58 PM »

So MS reversed-course on indie self-publishing.  Wonder what they'll do a 180 on next...

Our vision is that every person can be a creator. That every Xbox One can be used for development. That every game and experience can take advantage of all of the features of Xbox One and Xbox LIVE. This means self-publishing.

Doing the same thing as all your competitors only after consumers and developers bitch endlessly about your policies is so visionary!

I think at this point Microsoft really should just give up and call the fucker the XBox One-Eighty (or perhaps the Xboneatetee).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: July 25, 2013, 05:50:03 PM »

Seriously!  Fuck them.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: July 25, 2013, 07:42:23 PM »

I like the "analysts" who keep saying that MS is listening to their consumers and adjusting their policies based on feedback...cuz you know, all the negative backlash and complaints and condemning reviews had nothing to do with their sudden changes.

TASTY!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: July 25, 2013, 10:12:31 PM »

Its just business. They have to position themselves as a viable option. I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped to $450 in the near future. Its the kinect that's making it $500..

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: August 08, 2013, 12:32:30 PM »

Videos and News:

Unboxing Xbox One / An Insider's Look at the Xbox One Controller -- xbox, YouTube

Xbox One won't require Kinect to function -- Gematsu

Xbox One pad to get PC compatibility in 2014 -- CVG
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:32:05 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: August 20, 2013, 11:29:35 AM »

http://gematsu.com/2013/08/xbox-one-launch-lineup-announced

Here's a list of what Microsoft's claiming to be their launch titles for the XBoneighty.

http://gematsu.com/2013/08/microsoft-announces-indie-devs-xbox-program

And here's where they talk about their new and improved Indie Dev program.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: August 20, 2013, 12:30:50 PM »

So MS did:
a 180 with the physical disc sharing/locking
a 180 with the always online
a 180 with the kinect requirement

If they change their mind another time, they should have just called it the 720.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: August 20, 2013, 12:43:47 PM »

^Yeah but Microsoft just did their console less desirable to a bunch of people with the way they handled their own mess.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: August 20, 2013, 02:10:21 PM »

I've said the same thing elsewhere, Ygg. Basically, those who didn't want the original XBone are already looking forward to the PS4/made up their minds. The people who were actually looking forward to some of the XBone features are now upset with Microsoft too.

So they've gotten a few more people to eventually own both consoles, and that's about it.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: August 21, 2013, 05:41:15 PM »

What does Microsoft have to say about Sony's Xbox One "shifting message" dig? -- Source: Eurogamer
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: August 21, 2013, 05:50:31 PM »

I'll just quote what MikeP said in the comments on that article:

"Listening to what people say" is a strength.

Appearing to not actually remotely understand what your customers want in the first place is a weakness.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: August 22, 2013, 01:04:31 AM »

Why did nobody told me that such a thing like the Sega Activator existed back in the 90's? I never knew that Sega had something similar (more or less) to the Kinect in those years.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 22, 2013, 01:12:46 AM »

Why did nobody told me that such a thing like the Sega Activator existed back in the 90's? I never knew that Sega had something similar (more or less) to the Kinect in those years.

Because we'd rather not feel old by acknowledging people might actually be young enough to not have heard of it. Especially since there's a good chance those people are 20 or a bit over now.

Though I guess maybe you ARE old enough and just didn't follow Sega or games at all then, whichever.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: