Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 11:10:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327737 Posts in 13419 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Rift is great, and you have no excuse for not playing it.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Rift is great, and you have no excuse for not playing it.  (Read 3067 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 12:55:54 PM »

Browsed through the site and I noticed this game has a lot of classes. In a lot of the cases I'm having a hard time knowing what the differences even are (EX: Assassin VS Nightblade). I've actually heard a lot of positive things about the game so I might check it out. The only thing I'm not crazy about is how the races all seem to just be humans...though I haven't read enough about the story or lore to know if they're trying to go for a more "realistic" sort of thing.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 01:05:34 PM by Hathen » Logged
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2013, 02:56:18 PM »

Nah, only two of the six are humans, the Eth on the Defiant side and the Mathosians on the Guardians.  Two flavors of humans, two flavors of elf, and your choice of dwarf or geniespawn. :P

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2013, 03:39:18 PM »

Bahmi > Every other race
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2013, 11:11:29 PM »

Made a warrior named Atar. I am digging warrior.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2013, 07:29:56 PM »

Hi there.  My name is Daniel.  You might remember me from my years-long stint as the administrator of these boards, when I regularly banned fifteen people a week for crimes like having more numbers than letters in their user names.  I'm here today to talk about MMORPGs, and I have a question to start things off:  what's your favorite MMORPG?  Take your time, I'll wait.

Really?  I had a feeling you'd say that.  What's the thing you like the most about it?

Yeah, that's a pretty good feature, man...or it would be if this was 2007.  But this is 2013.  We've lived longer than the Mayans thought.  It's a brave new world, motherfucker.  And you're playing obsolete garbage.

See, there's a game out there called Rift.  Everything your favorite MMORPG does, it does it better.

Dungeon design?  Better.
World design?  Better.
Class mechanics? Infinitely better.
Casual play?  Better.
Hardcore poopsocking raids?  Better.
Story?  Better.
Visuals?  Better.
Lack of pandas?  Fucking better.
Crafting?  Bett-well, GW2's crafting is probably better, but it's as good as crafting ever gets.

I could go on and on.  Rift is to WoW what WoW was to Everquest: a refined and perfected version of its predecessors.  If you're playing anything else, you're playing something that's second best.

I can hear some of you already.  "B-but you have to p-p-pay a monthly fee and herp and derp and a bloo bloo bloo fdaiud0ufdjkay894y" Look man, you can play the first 20 levels right the fuck now with Rift Lite.  Twenty levels out of sixty for free ain't bad, bro.

And that won't even matter when the next major patch hits, because it's gonna go free to play.  Zero excuse.  Trion is giving you this game, man.

Read more about Rift at the offical website.  And then play it, because it is great...and you deserve greatness.

See, what's too bad about this is that Trion *didn't* pay you. Because that's the best pitch I've heard for this game, and it has me thinking I might start on it.

<3 you Stringer-mayn

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 03:31:02 AM »

I played for about four hours. Seemed fun, then I remembered that MMOs in this mold reeeeeallly bore me. Great skill system, though.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2013, 10:56:11 AM »

Come on people. Play!

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2013, 07:37:55 PM »

Note:  if you have ever owned this game before, Trion's giving you five days free to play BEFORE the game becomes free for everyone.  Just as soon as the next update goes through, in fact.  Should be by the end of the night.

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 09:34:06 AM »

I would gladly jump into this if I didnt have such a shitty pc. My pc could barely handle wow, I had everything on the lowest settings but it was atleast playable. How is rift compared to wow in terms of required speccs?

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2013, 03:50:51 PM »

Today is the day Rift goes free!  Play it.

ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2013, 12:19:43 AM »

Oh. Huh. I've had it installed for a week or two now and never loaded it. My wife will be out of town for work this weekend and I will be at home and free from work... I shall give it a fair 3 day binge.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2013, 11:22:04 PM »

Server queues are absolutely horrendous at the moment.  I hope that people with the patience to endure them are enjoying themselves. :P

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2013, 06:36:18 PM »

Seriously people. Come play Rift. It is a lot of fun and I haven't had any issues with the queues. I am on Deepwood. Currently playing my Cleric named Bhaelros. I am in a awesome guild called Sanitarium. Very casual and lots of inappropriate behavior. Come join us.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2013, 01:00:20 PM »

Fuck you DR. I told you you would quit. I knew it would be as soon as I started playing.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2013, 01:51:23 PM »

Haha.  Anywho, been splitting my time between this and Defiance, which I am really enjoying.  Was able to get involved in a hellbug rift and got myself a hellbug mount, so that was pretty sweet.  Right now im doing a Bahmi Mage with the necromancer preset.  I figure until I get a hang on things in the game, ill just let the game do the skill tree for me :P  The dimensions thing looks really really interesting, as I love housing and it looks like you can do some awesome stuff with it. 

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: