Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 03, 2015, 12:37:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
363582 Posts in 14732 Topics by 2302 Members
Latest Member: Eppie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Recommend Dincrest some music
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Recommend Dincrest some music  (Read 1224 times)
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

Unlimited Insomniac Works

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2015, 02:49:01 PM »

next up
Disarmonia Mundi - Morgue Of Centuries
Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

I approve of this nonsense!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2015, 06:05:00 PM »

I really liked that Disarmonia Mundi song.  It moved me musically, was a good length (it didn't end too song nor wear out its welcome), and I really liked the drumming.  The drumming had some interesting fills and some cool little intricacies. 

I have nothing funny to say.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

Unlimited Insomniac Works

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 05:10:32 PM »

Orphaned Land - Ocean Land
Eluveitie - Primordial Breath
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 06:37:11 PM by Chronix112 » Logged
glassjawsh
The One True Shitlord

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 05:15:21 PM »

https://youtu.be/S0It6fD7e1M

AWWWW YEAH! METAL!!!!!

Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 08:13:49 PM »

Orphaned Land- I really liked the first minute of the song.  Everything else was meh.  The music was complex and I dug the Middle-Eastern melodies and harmonies, but it wasn't all that memorable beyond the great riffs and licks during the first minute.  Plus, I thought the vocalist was weak.  His growls were toothless and his cleans, especially the falsettos, lacked power.  

Eluveitie- This is easily my favorite of everything posted.  I looked them up on Metallum and the lineup on this album- Slipknot should take a lesson from them- THIS is how you do metal with 8 or 9 people and make it sound like huge, epic, bigger than the Swiss Alps music and not just dissonant noise.    I loved the variety of growls along with the symphonic cleans, the guitars sounded really beefy but still raw and not overprocessed/too clean, the folk instrumentation during the bridge was nicely incorporated, the little bass breakdown 3:30 in, lyrics in two languages...

Jawsh- Winwood is a very accomplished musician, so why'd you have to pick his radio pop hit?  Now, when it comes to Winwood, THIS is where it's at (him kicking ass with Clapton, Trucks, and others): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT-SFgkVlno
And I do thoroughly enjoy jazz, blues, funk, old Motown, world music, classical... I am a bass player after all and my teacher greatly influenced my appreciation for jazz and jazz-fusion.  But I don't really want that right now.  
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 08:28:06 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2015, 11:33:33 AM »

I just discovered a really cool band.  They're a Brazilian band called "Inkblott" and they're kinda like Mudvayne, only more proggy, more mathy, and more intense.  Their bassist has some serious skill and some cool breakdowns.  I love the song 7 Wounds.  https://soundcloud.com/inkblott-band

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: