Author Topic: Random Anime Music

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Anime Music
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2017, 11:01:22 AM »
Listening to The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 Complete Soundtrack while working today.

Probably the greatest anime/light novel series ever and one of the best anime ever made, despite how divisive it seems to be.
Current RPG - NieR: Automata, Final Fantasy XIII

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2017, 03:10:48 PM »
Been listening to this song for the past few days

Sakura Quest - ED

(K)NoW_NAME - Freesia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNL7Y_EjuhI

ironmage

• chaotic neutral observer
  • I know what you did and I wholeheartedly approve
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2017, 06:48:43 PM »
The critically acclaimed magical girl series "Kill la Kill" is a thoughtful and provocative examination of corruption in the garment industry, and of how people are affected by the clothes they wear.  To what extent is a person's identity defined by their wardrobe?  Do the clothes truly make the woman?

Anyway, this series has a soundtrack.  Definitely.

Kill la Kill - Light your heart up.  "Winning at friendship means winning at life!"
Kill la Kill - Ad la Lib
Kill la Kill - 鬼龍G@キLL (Kiryuin Satsuki's theme).  "Fear is Freedom!  Control is Liberation!  Contradiction is Truth!"
Kill la Kill - Kiる厭KiLL (Harime Nui's theme).  This sounds like something Tim Burton might have asked Danny Elfman to write.  Grand Couturier Harime is a frightening person.
Kill la Kill - KILL wa ILL.  The artwork is a touch NSFW.
Kill la Kill - Blumenkranz (Cover by Paperblossom).

I thought about posting Handel's "Hallelujah Chorus" as Mako's theme, but I guess that would be pushing it.

Dincrest

• Analogy spouting
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Lanterne Rouge
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2017, 07:51:57 PM »
Even though I found Watamote painfully cringey to the point where the series became unwatchable after a couple of episodes (I know a lot of folks out there dig this anime, but to me it felt like gawking at a car crash or a trainwreck), its opening song is pretty darn good.  I like how it goes off into several different musical directions.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tcrtty1z60 (full version)
"Are we gonna do anything fun?  Or are you just gonna stand there with your thumb up your butt?"  -an outtake from Kyleen Nelphe (Thousand Arms)

ironmage

• chaotic neutral observer
  • I know what you did and I wholeheartedly approve
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2017, 08:34:08 PM »
Bodacious Space Pirates - Age of Exploration
Bodacious Space Pirates - Abyss of Hyperspace (OP).  This is one of my favorite anime opening sequences.
Bodacious Space Pirates - Lost Child.  I like the section from ~2:50 to 3:40.