Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 05:49:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331614 Posts in 13577 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  concerts you've been to recently
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: concerts you've been to recently  (Read 5072 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2014, 11:26:44 PM »

Say what now???

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2014, 09:01:01 AM »

Say what now???
I guess recently isn't really fair, I've done stagehand work for some....10 years? Did shows for alot of old performers like linda rondstandt, earth wind and fire, julio iglesias, boyz 2 men, en vogue, creedance clearwater revival, and a bunch more ages ago. More recently like the last 5 years, I set up a bunch of shows at Yankee Stadium like the big eminem and jay z concert in 2009, metallica (fucking amazing hearing them soundcheck btw), Paul Mccartney, and  Madonna and others. My dad was a sound engineer for a few companies back in the day, so he used to set up sound systems at a lot of venues around New York. Naturally I got dragged to a lot of em.

TASTY!
glassjawsh
will argue out of boredom

"You're pretty punk, Steve" - Dolphin

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2014, 01:09:49 PM »

Just got back from Riotfest in Chicago.  The highlights were finally seeing Streetlight Manifesto and Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.  Primus was great at always, but I've seen Les Claypool about a dozen times and even though he is impossibly strange and brilliantly talented, after you've seen someone that many times it tends to feel more like they're just riding the bike and cashing a paycheck. I tend to feel the same way about NOFX too, though it didn't take away from my enjoyment of their set.

Though I'm not really a fan of their music (a bit too clubby for my taste), I couldn't help but respect Die Antwoord's style.  If you've never seen or heard them before, it's completely worth it just for the shock value.  They started out their set in bright orange sweatsuits and eventually stripped down to just their underwear.  The two singers are married and the husband is about 6'4'' while the wife can't be any taller than 4'10".  She looks like a 12 year and sounds like a mouse.  A lot of what they sing/rapped was a mix of english, dutch, afrikaans and in at least one instance what I assumed to be either klingon or some african language ive never heard of.  Very high energy from beginning to end and VERY surreal to watch and hear.  Afterwards, my girlfriend wouldn't shut up about how "avant garde" she thought they were, so that got on my nerves...

Also (and emphatically) fuck weezer and jane's addiction.  Rivers Cuomo is a pompous piece of shit who hasn't written anything truly original since pinkerton.  They "played" for an hour and 15 minutes but still took a 20 minute set break (WHAT. THE. FUCK??)  And even when they could finally be bothered to play their goddamn music for the paying customers, every word that guy spoke was slathered in self importance. just...ugh.

As for Jane's Addiction...this is the 3rd time I've stumbled upon them at a music festival, and every single time they phone in their performance so poorly that it makes me legitimately angry.  It's like Perry Farrell wants to make it painfully obvious how little he gives a fuck about the people forking over a shitload of money to see him perform.  He brings no energy to the stage and was basically sing talking for 3/4 of the hour and half (out of a scheduled 2:15) he actually got around to doing his fucking job. That guy deserves a special kind of hell.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 01:15:11 PM by glassjawsh » Logged

You're wrong, Frank. I'm not a kid, I'm a man. I am gonna get you better, and then I'm going to beat you to death!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: