Dincrest

• Analogy spouting
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Lanterne Rouge
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
Re: Song of the Moment: The Original RPGFan Post Count +1 Megathread
« Reply #2280 on: June 16, 2017, 09:23:45 PM »
It's no secret that I love metal, but one thing I don't love is "metal elitist" fans.  Especially the hypocritical ones who talk smack on bands like Korn but you know full well that they all bought Korn's debut album and loved the hell out of it.  Sure I love me some Amon Amarth or Suffocation but I still listen the first Korn album all the freaking time.  Blind's slow buildup into the "ARE YOU READY?!?!?!" never fails to crescendo me into a whipping frenzy.  That album was a game-changer and remains one of the most important albums in the history of metal. 

So because of that, my song of the moment is "Predictable" from that album.  It's fast becoming my new favorite song from it, because I love how at around 1:45 the song starts going in a bunch of several interesting directions.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfKHAIc84Tw
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 09:27:40 PM by Dincrest »
"Are we gonna do anything fun?  Or are you just gonna stand there with your thumb up your butt?"  -an outtake from Kyleen Nelphe (Thousand Arms)

ironmage

• chaotic neutral observer
  • I know what you did and I wholeheartedly approve
    • View Profile
Re: Song of the Moment: The Original RPGFan Post Count +1 Megathread
« Reply #2281 on: June 22, 2017, 07:57:34 PM »
Boom Boom Satellites - Lock Me Out.  This got stuck in my head today.

Dincrest

• Analogy spouting
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Lanterne Rouge
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
Through the grapevine, I just caught wind of this Australian metal band called As Paradise Falls who are releasing an album next month called Digital Ritual via Eclipse Records.  On their website, I listened to the songs "Digital Ritual," "Starblind" and "Dead Message."  I loved them all.  Complex riffing balanced with dynamic songwriting, polyrhythmic breakdowns, tightly arranged songs that don't meander/wear out their welcome, a vocalist that does a variety of screams and cleans... yep, this is in my wheelhouse.  The band's earlier material is on the site as well, and though I love its raw, unrestrained chaos, I prefer the tighter arrangements and musical maturity of the newer stuff. 

I just listened to both "Starblind" and "Dead Message" twice in a row (so they're my songs of the moment.)  I just might have to pick up this album. 

Check it out: https://www.asparadisefalls.com/ (scroll down and you can listen.) 
"Are we gonna do anything fun?  Or are you just gonna stand there with your thumb up your butt?"  -an outtake from Kyleen Nelphe (Thousand Arms)

Losfer

• The Pope
  • This guy are sick.
    • View Profile
    • Blackened Death Records
Iced Earth's entire Dark Saga album.
BlackenedDeath.com