Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 09:48:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334707 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Panopticon
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Panopticon  (Read 1349 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 05:41:32 PM »

Evangelion has always been focused in the psychology of the characters and/or the way they interact with each other in the scenarios these characters are put together.

Characters in Eva have issues of different natures, and that combined with whatever drama happens in the main narrative is there to give more weight to the overall story. Seriously, Eva can almost be whatever the fuck it wants while it preserve that human drama in the narrative.

Hell, the Rebuild films follow that example perfectly (so far anyway).

'people must die en masse to reduce the population for X reason' story.

I don't think FFVII nor X were ever about that...
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 06:24:36 PM »

Pin point which examples are issues and I can try to explain my thinking. For example.

Evangelion: I admit it's been a long time but I'm pretty sure the Second Impact catastrophe had something to do with that. Let me actually go back and check.

*reads up*

Okay, that was actually the foretold Third Impact.

Short Version-  Basically angels in Eva tried to kill humans because they were evolutionary competitors. Aka a large enough species number to be a threat. Too many humans -> Kill them off. Fits the bill I described earlier.

FFVII:  I'm pretty sure Sephiroth's whole shtick was he believe humans to be a blight on the planet (again due to their behaviors that are an inevitable results of too many people existing for too long) and intended to wipe them out during the Meteor strike (which subsequently would allow him to use the lifestream to restore the planet back to a pristine state).

*reads up*

Not finding as much 'specific' details as I'd like but I'm gleaning that my memory was fairly spot on there too. Sephiroth thinks humans are too corrupt/numerous, must exterminate all of them. Again in line with the theme of Kill People Because There Are Too Many.

FFX: I already mentioned what I thought the deal was here.

*reads up*

Nope. Sin was more a religious thing than a population thing. Reliance on machina and all that jazz.
________

Edit: Black Rock Shooter was the only one I was rather shaky on to begin with. A quick bit of fact checking shows that one to be bunk. Mass extinction by alien invasion. Scratch that off the list.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 06:28:20 PM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 07:56:58 PM »

Evil man trying to destroy the world =/= Japanese obsession with population control.  Also, I don't know where you're getting your Eva Angel info because you're not even close to being correct.

You're really reaching here and I don't see your point in any of your examples. 

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: