Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 04:07:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338642 Posts in 13862 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Class of Heroes 2 (Physical + Digital)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Class of Heroes 2 (Physical + Digital)  (Read 1854 times)
Syn
Shenanigans

MisterDBarton
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: May 20, 2013, 10:33:54 PM »

Having met the original goal of 2,500 physical copies sold, the digital release is coming June 4th, with the physical edition set to ship a few weeks later. Did anyone else order a copy? Has anyone played the Japanese version? I'm really looking forward to this game, especially after watching my wife play the Etrian Odyssey games on her 3DS.

Plus, considering Gaijinworks is essentially the now dissolved Working Design, I'm even more interested in this AND future projects :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 10:36:45 PM by Syn » Logged
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 10:38:34 PM »

While not a game I'm personally interested, I'm always happy when projects that people want are funded. Woohoo!

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Syn
Shenanigans

MisterDBarton
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 10:46:04 PM »

While not a game I'm personally interested, I'm always happy when projects that people want are funded. Woohoo!

Agreed. This was apparently on KickStarter over a year ago but had a ridiculous goal and pricing. Something like $500,000, and the lowest-priced version of the game was $59. I'm glad they rethought their approach and continued to go through with this. I believe they needed at least 2,500 people to pledge via poll, and they ended up getting that plus some, which led to the actual production of the physical copy. And honestly, for $37 for BOTH the physical and digital copy, I can't complain. Looking forward to playing this on my Vita in a couple of weeks.
Syn
Shenanigans

MisterDBarton
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 06:12:24 AM »

For people who pre-ordered, the game is available to download (has been since about midnight :D) It's 221 MB and took less than 3 minutes to download and install. I have to work this morning so I won't get to play until tonight, gah..
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 08:46:40 AM »

Although I probably will not get this anytime soon, the game seems interesting. It seems to have improved a lot on the first with such things as all money is pooled together rather than divided and the appraisal system is removed.

radaxian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 10:00:57 AM »

Although I missed the original campaign, I ordered a UMD copy from vgp.ca who bought up a bunch. The digital version isn't included but I don't mind waiting and it's nice to be able to get hold of it.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 09:49:59 PM »

Vic was kind enough to let me review a copy, and it's very enjoyable. Slow build, but once you get over the trademark initial hump, it's fun times, especially the combat's fluidity.

Some of these dungeons are brutal, too. My biggest complaint is the lack of dungeon music.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 09:58:11 PM »

I think it's fun too, although I really think the game is painfully easy, even on hard. Love the mazelike dungeons. I agree, other than the relatively unambitious presentation (what the hell is up with pterodactyl calls in the Beginner's Brush?), it's a fun game, and about ten million times better than Elminage Original. I'll have a review up soon.

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 09:59:58 PM »

Vic was kind enough to let me review a copy, and it's very enjoyable. Slow build, but once you get over the trademark initial hump, it's fun times, especially the combat's fluidity.

Some of these dungeons are brutal, too. My biggest complaint is the lack of dungeon music.

Is money as large an issue in this one? I remember in the first wandering around using starting equipment for a decent amount of time before I was able to afford/make anything.

Actually one thing I wouldn't mind knowing is if the race pictures fit their stats this time? I was more put off in the first one by the Erdgeist's monk like appearance not matching its magic like  stats than I should have been.

That said I did have a lot of fun playing the first game and will most likely buy the second at some point.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 11:09:02 PM »

Is money as large an issue in this one? I remember in the first wandering around using starting equipment for a decent amount of time before I was able to afford/make anything.

Actually one thing I wouldn't mind knowing is if the race pictures fit their stats this time? I was more put off in the first one by the Erdgeist's monk like appearance not matching its magic like  stats than I should have been.

That said I did have a lot of fun playing the first game and will most likely buy the second at some point.

Money is useful, but I didn't play much of CoH1 to compare. I'm not constantly starving for it, but I also fight every battle and am playing on Hard, so I think the baddies drop more XP/dolladollabills. It certainly helps. The alchemy system is insanely obtuse, but it can be used to circumvent a lot of things you'd normally need cash for.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 11:27:20 PM »

It's hard for me to compare this to Elminage. Elminage is a fantastic game, but was treated with almost no respect. CoH2 is a decent game treated with immense TLC.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 11:32:11 PM »

It's hard for me to compare this to Elminage. Elminage is a fantastic game, but was treated with almost no respect. CoH2 is a decent game treated with immense TLC.

I have to be honest, even aside from the localization I still felt like Elminage Original was pretty lame. There are significantly better options that make it hard for me to justify spending much time with it.

I will definitely agree though that CoH2 speaks volumes to the care Vic Ireland and folks and MonkeyPaw put into their projects. I'd absolutely support a future endeavor for them.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2013, 08:09:11 PM »

I have to be honest, even aside from the localization I still felt like Elminage Original was pretty lame. There are significantly better options that make it hard for me to justify spending much time with it.

I will definitely agree though that CoH2 speaks volumes to the care Vic Ireland and folks and MonkeyPaw put into their projects. I'd absolutely support a future endeavor for them.

Elminage isn't as good as Etrian Odyssey or even Dark Spire, but it has aspects that puts it far above Wizardry PS3; a variety of dungeons and locations, and some fantastic music. (Well, the fact that it has music period.)

Wizardry PS3's scarce music was good, but it badly needed dungeon BGM.

Custom character art is a fantastic feature, too.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2013, 08:24:31 PM »

I've been spoiled. I used to not mind a lack of dungeon BGM, but after EO I'm always like 'WHY IS THERE NO SOUND HERE.'

I still do like dungeons with ambient sound only, but it's pretty flubbed in CoH where the sound effects are nondescript and... weird.

Why can I hear a pterodactyl in the Beginner's Brush?

All that said, I still haven't played Wizardry PS3 (We're talking Labyrinth of Lost Souls, right?)

kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2013, 08:26:05 PM »

Considered getting Wizardry for ps3 but didn't know how min-max it was, plus I just got x-com.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: