Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 12:16:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318890 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  SQUARE ENIX Presents, Live Broadcast E3 Showcase
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: SQUARE ENIX Presents, Live Broadcast E3 Showcase  (Read 8470 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: June 11, 2013, 08:47:58 PM »

Wasn't really feeling the combat until the fight with the Iron Giant. The rest was just like, "I get it, he has teleporty super powers." I don't know, I guess I was looking for a more straightforward action RPG and not something with a single gimmick, like Crystal Bearers.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: June 11, 2013, 08:50:12 PM »

Wasn't really feeling the combat until the fight with the Iron Giant. The rest was just like, "I get it, he has teleporty super powers." I don't know, I guess I was looking for a more straightforward action RPG and not something with a single gimmick, like Crystal Bearers.

If this plays even REMOTELY like Birth by Sleep did (with an FF-flair?) then I'll be happy as a clam.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: June 11, 2013, 08:55:42 PM »

Just read the news here that DX:HR Director's Cut doesn't appear that will be available as DLC. Disappointing.

@Klutz64: Is so easy to be jaded.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2013, 09:08:14 PM »

I don't think of myself as jaded, more as underwhelmed after four years of hype over the combat in Versus XIII.

Once I saw that fight with the Iron Giant, between the blocking of the Giant's attacks and using his own sword against him, I was back to hyped.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: June 11, 2013, 09:24:31 PM »

It was the giant Leviathan that did it for me. 
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: June 11, 2013, 09:26:32 PM »

He's got a lot more gimmicks than just the teleporting thing (which seems short-range only).  At various points he has some sort of shield thing going on, then there's all the flying by sticking his sword into things (looks to me like you can point it at a distant object and it will just magically fly over there and take you with it, embedding in the wall/celing/whatever and leaving you hanging from it), some more traditional spell-like explosions, and then of course all the sword-switching.  Seems like he has a bunch of different swords (where does he keep them all...) with different abilities that he can call out when he needs them.  Sort of remind me of Advent Children, actually...except it's a game.  That's playable.  Which automatically makes it far more interesting than Advent Children...

I don't think of myself as jaded, more as underwhelmed after four years of hype over the combat in Versus XIII.

There was hype over the combat?  We never even saw the combat before...

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: June 11, 2013, 09:29:06 PM »

I imagine his teleporting will be, at most, like Zone of the Enders 2.

I'm certainly not complaining if it is, though they may have to balance the game around it.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: June 11, 2013, 09:32:09 PM »

It was the giant Leviathan that did it for me. 

You mean "SEXY BEAST"

..yeah, it looked fiiine

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: June 11, 2013, 10:26:25 PM »

Nomura talks Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy XV -- Source: Gematsu

You can watch the interview here if you want.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 09:01:10 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: June 11, 2013, 10:40:30 PM »

After not paying attention to anything about Versus well, ever, I can say I was pleasantly surprised and now incredibly hyped. It looked gorgeous and combat looks fun and fast paced.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: June 11, 2013, 10:51:33 PM »

now its looking like noctis is the only playable char.... yeah no

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: June 11, 2013, 11:00:51 PM »

You're basing this off of a few minutes of trailer footage? I haven't seen any information suggesting he is the only playable character.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: June 11, 2013, 11:46:25 PM »

The character designers for FFXV are Tetsuya Nomura and Roberto Ferrari according to the official Japanese site.

You're basing this off of a few minutes of trailer footage? I haven't seen any information suggesting he is the only playable character.

It didn't help that Nomura was not very clear with his answer.

Does the game focus mainly on Noctis, or on the other characters in the party, as well?

"In Final Fantasy games, party is necessary, I think. So how we use party members is a core part of Final Fantasy games. How to take turns and how to act is very important. Noct can battle himself, but in the trailer, you can tell he did battle with other characters, as well. So I think there will be a lot of co-operation within the team, but in a different form from previous Final Fantasy games. In the trailer, you probably saw that three players were co-operating with each other to fight with that giant, so there was some drama in it. I don't want to make it into a systematic team play, but that it has some story to it. We are always aware that party battle is necessary in the Final Fantasy series."

The whole co-operative aspect in how the team operates in a way that is not systematic is the most important part here. That can means a lot of different things, but... I don't know I'm kinda lost with how vague he was answering the question. :|
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 11:53:34 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: June 12, 2013, 12:08:15 AM »

The problem is they didn't ask Nomura the right question.  You're wondering if other characters are playable, but what Nomura was asked was more like what the role of other characters was.  I guess part of this you can can blame on the translator, but part of it was that the interviewer's question wasn't terribly clear to start with.  Nomura's answer was reasonable given the question he got, it really wasn't very clear.

(Doesn't help that the translator was clearly a native Japanese speaker but her English wasn't very good...)

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: June 12, 2013, 12:15:29 AM »

I will be disappoint if I can't choose which member of my roving J-Pop Boy Band I want to play as.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: