Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 04:41:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330051 Posts in 13525 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  SQUARE ENIX Presents, Live Broadcast E3 Showcase
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: SQUARE ENIX Presents, Live Broadcast E3 Showcase  (Read 11189 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2013, 09:57:58 AM »

Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD and Lightning Returns added to Square Enix's E3 streaming schedule -- Source: Nova Crystallis

Square Enix to hold 'Future of Final Fantasy' pre-E3 Q&A -- Source: Gematsu

Square Enix E3 Live Stream Schedule:

source
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 10:53:07 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2013, 10:54:55 PM »

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2013, 11:13:23 PM »

Future of Final Fantasy QA sounds suspiciously like "here are vague promises but no games."

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2013, 10:22:09 AM »

Apparently, and don't take my word on this, but both Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV are going to be at the show.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.410033-Rumour-Kingdom-Hearts-III-at-E3-leaked-pictures

If you look closely you can see the Final Fantasy XV logo strongly resembles Final Fantasy Versus XIII logo. Although I don't know why people think that is kingdom Hearts 3 because I'm not seeing a three there.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2013, 10:40:37 AM »

So am I correct in assuming the only reason they'd change the name of XIIIvs to XV is because their numbered titles sell more copies?

Other than that, why does it even matter.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2013, 10:45:28 AM »

Probably just easier to move on from the FF 13 world and make it a separate game. It wasn't well received and it might be better to start fresh.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2013, 12:01:47 PM »

@Bleaker: Some people say that the image is fake.

So am I correct in assuming the only reason they'd change the name of XIIIvs to XV is because their numbered titles sell more copies?

Other than that, why does it even matter.

It matters mostly to the people that has been obsessed over Versus for the last 7 years.

Though, if Versus was in fact renamed to XV then that would mean that the entire project suffered a massive change at one point that made Versus no longer part of the Fabula Nova series like it was originally planned.

And I don't know about you but I rather see XV being something completely new that we haven't seen yet. But we'll see soon if they even show something anyway.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 12:11:30 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2013, 12:15:01 PM »

I said don't take my word on it :D. However I'm more likely to believe these leaks after that last Microsoft one had Spartan Assault on it, and the next day that was revealed.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2013, 01:57:13 PM »

Though, if Versus was in fact renamed to XV then that would mean that the entire project suffered a massive change at one point that made Versus no longer part of the Fabula Nova series like it was originally planned.

No, it really doesn't mean that at all.  Type-0 was also renamed (remember Agito?), but the mythology of the world stayed the same.  Nothing about the game changed.  It's just a name.

Honestly, renaming Versus to FFXV makes more sense at this point.  The connections between the games were always pretty weak, and then consider the fact that XIII got two full-blown sequels.  The average person might see the XIII in the name and think that it was yet another sequel of some sort, when it's not and never was.

That and the fact that Versus XIII was always a stupid name...

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2013, 03:54:05 PM »

^You followed Type-0 closer than me. Did the game didn't suffered any big changes when the project went from cell phone to PSP?
unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2013, 04:34:50 PM »

That and the fact that Versus XIII was always a stupid name...

Just watch them rename it to FFXVersus or something equally dumb :/ Names have not been a strong suit of Squeenix lately.

They pretty much have to remove FFXIII from the name now. When they were running with the numbered FFXIII-2 naming pattern, I suppose using just a subtitle might differentiate it from the "Lightning saga", but it really doesn't make any sense to keep it now. Do the games even really share any significant mythos that would validate the use of the FFXIII "brand"?
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2013, 05:05:12 PM »

^You followed Type-0 closer than me. Did the game didn't suffered any big changes when the project went from cell phone to PSP?

From what I've read, the cell phone project barely even existed.  It was still in the conceptualization, pre-production stage when they decided to make the switch.  And that had nothing to do with the name change, that came much later.

Do the games even really share any significant mythos that would validate the use of the FFXIII "brand"?

I can tell you that Type-0 still has fal'Cie, l'Cie, and the like, though their roles aren't exactly the same.  The general mythology (and, uh, crystals I guess...) was the only thing connecting the games from the start.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2013, 05:45:38 PM »

"Fabula Nova Crystallis, which means "new tale of crystal" in Latin, is nevertheless based on various worlds and different characters, but each game will be "ultimately based on and expand upon a common mythos".

The connection between the Fabula Nova Crystallis games could be partly compared to the one that exists between games like Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy V - different universes but roughly the same crystal mythos. Officially, they have been characterized as "different titles based on variations of the Final Fantasy XIII universe". The figure shown in the Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy logo is one of the gods of the mythos, but when asked by Famitsu, Yoshinori Kitase would not reveal which god it is."

Source: Final Fantasy Wiki

From what I've read, the cell phone project barely even existed.  It was still in the conceptualization, pre-production stage when they decided to make the switch.  And that had nothing to do with the name change, that came much later.

Yeah, I remember when you posted that a while ago.

I also found this that I forgot about:

"At the Square Enix 1st Production Department Premiere event on January 18, 2011, the game was retitled Final Fantasy Type-0 because Hajime Tabata did not think it was similar enough to Final Fantasy XIII to warrant the old title. Square Enix had trademarked the title in December 2010, along with Type-1 (壱式, Ichishiki), Type-2 (弐式, Nishiki), and Type-3 (参式, Sanshiki), as they hoped the game would be successful enough to be spun off into its own subseries." -- Final Fantasy Type-0 - Development
unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2013, 06:18:37 PM »

I can tell you that Type-0 still has fal'Cie, l'Cie, and the like, though their roles aren't exactly the same.  The general mythology (and, uh, crystals I guess...) was the only thing connecting the games from the start.

Do we know if the fal'cie/l'cie is incorporated into the plot of versus as well? I would assume so, but haven't really followed any details (not that there has been much concrete information released recently)
When I think about it, some of the story aspects towards the end of FFXII is actually quite reminiscent of the same kind of storyline.

A lot of the mythos of the Fabula nova crystallis universe did seem interesting. A shame it was never really realized in FFXIII; Type-0 might have been more successful. Part of me is still holding out hope we might see it in English, even an iOS-port would do.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2013, 07:19:16 PM »

Do we know if the fal'cie/l'cie is incorporated into the plot of versus as well?

The Goddess Etro and the Door of Souls are the only known things from the mythos that are being used for the story in Versus, but it wouldn't be strange if they use those terminologies too.

It has been a long time since the last bit of official info though, so who knows if the story was changed all together or not.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 07:21:32 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: