Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 06:48:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334672 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  SQUARE ENIX Presents, Live Broadcast E3 Showcase
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: SQUARE ENIX Presents, Live Broadcast E3 Showcase  (Read 12527 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2013, 10:50:14 AM »

At least they didn't take a lesson from other franchises and just rename it "Final Fantasy."

Seriously. I'm excited about Star Wars: Battlefront, but is it really so hard to just slap a number on that?
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2013, 01:06:51 PM »

I still haven't seen their presentation but I'm already so glad they announced not only new games but actually the ones people were asking for.

I'm not much into Kingdom Hearts but I loved Birth By Sleep as opposed to KH1 which I didn't like. KH1 had for me at the time a mix of nice things but some very bad choices so in the end I dropped it and never looked back.
With some fine tuning of the controls, I'm pretty sure I'll leave my little grudge behind it and try KH3.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2013, 01:32:43 PM »

At least they didn't take a lesson from other franchises and just rename it "Final Fantasy."

Why should they when the idea behind every new FF from the main series is essentially a reboot anyway?
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2013, 01:50:26 PM »

I hope ff15 doesn't suck

Even if they do an amazing game fans are going to search for every reason possible to attack SQEX. At this point that might never change, but I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong.

Then again, FF is not everybody's cup of tea and everyone has their own expectations and ideas of what FF is or should be about.

People criticize SE's games because there are legitimate reasons to do so.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2013, 01:55:00 PM »

People criticize SE's games because there are legitimate reasons to do so.

I've read and heard all kinds of complaints for years now, no need to tell me about that.

Edit: Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III are going to be released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 02:17:55 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2013, 02:23:20 PM »

Kingdom Hearts 3 being revealed just solidified my decision to purchase PS4 when it releases - well that and all the other advantages it has over Xbone - but I'm glad KH3 is confirmed. I thought they would never get it done.

Admin of The Legaia Wiki: legaia.wikia.com

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2013, 02:28:40 PM »

Key word there is "Get it done"

This is, after all, Square Enix showing us a trailer for a game that is simply "In Development." They tend to have a habit lately of debuting titles several years before we actually see a release date.
Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2013, 02:33:43 PM »

Key word there is "Get it done"

This is, after all, Square Enix showing us a trailer for a game that is simply "In Development." They tend to have a habit lately of debuting titles several years before we actually see a release date.

True. But I'm just happy they've confirmed to be working on it.

Admin of The Legaia Wiki: legaia.wikia.com

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2013, 03:15:59 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/11/final-fantasy-xv-questions-answered-some-of-them-at-least/

You know what XVersus needed? Sequels.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2013, 03:23:48 PM »

Not sure why they'd release KH3 on xbone. No other kingdom hearts title has ever been on a microsoft console, seems silly given the very large following it has. Also, wasn't XVersus originally a sony exclusive?

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2013, 03:27:14 PM »

So the spinoff Final Fantasy became a stand-alone Final Fantasy that will most likely spawn more sequels and spin-offs. My guess is one of those spin-offs will become Final Fantasy XVII and so-on...
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2013, 03:28:13 PM »

"A World of the VERSUS Epic"

3:34min in the official trailer.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2013, 03:28:42 PM »

Not sure why they'd release KH3 on xbone. No other kingdom hearts title has ever been on a microsoft console, seems silly given the very large following it has. Also, wasn't XVersus originally a sony exclusive?

Both the systems have similar enough hardware that it's probably trivial to keep both in mind (and given the framerate in that XV trailer accommodating X1 then smoothing out on PS4 is probably ideal), and VersusXIII was either going to be built specifically around the PS3's architecture or at least the storage capacity of blu-ray, neither of which are concerns here.

It's pretty much "why not?" given presumed ease of porting. An exclusive would be more valuable a little later anyway, and for all we know maybe Microsoft will screw it up enough that the X1 simply isn't worth keeping in mind.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2013, 03:50:28 PM »

Yeah, porting between the two systems should be pretty much trivial this gen.  They are essentially the same architecture.  My only concern is that it means that multiplatform games won't look as good as they could on the PS4 (which has more GPU power) since they still have to be optimized for the Xbone.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2013, 03:55:58 PM »

Yeah, porting between the two systems should be pretty much trivial this gen.  They are essentially the same architecture.  My only concern is that it means that multiplatform games won't look as good as they could on the PS4 (which has more GPU power) since they still have to be optimized for the Xbone.

Yeah, it's kind of the same as built for consoles then ported to PCs versus built for PCs period. Either you get a smoother running version (pending BS Microsoft policies anyway, though at worst I'd see the PS4 running at 30/60 FPS locked whereas the X1 version TRIES to but falters to some degree) or you get a version with a few more bells and whistles even if it's not completely different looking. Still, I imagine for anyone more tech obsessed it's another reason to want to see the X1 do poorly, in which case fewer publishers will see it as worthwhile to accommodate, or will get it running there but won't care about it being notably inferior.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: