Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 12:31:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331922 Posts in 13594 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  SQUARE ENIX Presents, Live Broadcast E3 Showcase
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Print
Author Topic: SQUARE ENIX Presents, Live Broadcast E3 Showcase  (Read 11930 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: June 13, 2013, 04:29:37 PM »

Just out curiosity.... am I the only person here who just realized FF15 is PS4/Xbone only?  I was surprised the videos looked that good visually, but I thought that was because they said they developed it first on the PC then they would make it work for consoles.  That's all fine with me, it was just surprising news.  Kinda makes me more excited for it truthfully.

*puts on dunce cap*

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2013, 04:37:26 PM »

Just out curiosity.... am I the only person here who just realized FF15 is PS4/Xbone only?  I was surprised the videos looked that good visually, but I thought that was because they said they developed it first on the PC then they would make it work for consoles.  That's all fine with me, it was just surprising news.  Kinda makes me more excited for it truthfully.

*puts on dunce cap*

I was like (and with how brilliant FF13 looked in general), "Oh yeah, this can be PS3".  But then the enemies got bigger, the settings more detailed, and the water effects + sky leviathan/dragon thing and I doubted and knew it was PS4/XBone*.

Also, Dragon Quest is awful, I hope for Brave Default.... according to siliconera though, that was in the bag... but this news makes the idea more dubious though.

*anyone else say "X-Bone?"

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: June 13, 2013, 07:08:40 PM »

from Gematsu:

Final Fantasy XV the first part of a larger epic

Kingdom Hearts III announced "a little early"

To further make sure more fans get the message; XV is its own thing but it borrows stuff from the mythos just like Type-0.

XIII, Type-0 and XV are not directly connected by their narrative but they are vaguely related with each other by the FNC mythos, and this mythos only has a direct connection with story of XIII.

Hope that's easy enough to understand...

About KH III development: "The game is being produced on the Luminous engine with over-specifications (likely on PC), and is being ported to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It will use a special "Kingdom Shader" to give Sora and company visuals adjusted differently to each world's motif."
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: June 13, 2013, 07:23:50 PM »

1) If they're putting THAT much developmental resources into FFXV, then I can see them making a few games in the series (like they did with 13) to just save on the budget....  Not to judge things so, so early, but the game looks great so far (fucking better with 6+ years development!!!), and if it plays great, then I have no problem with this.

2) Yeah, something about the KH3 trailer seemed.....very preliminary?  It just looked a bit off, almost you could tell, even from just that snippet, it was in early, early development and probably (daresay) rushed to be shown off in time for E3.  It still looked good, but sort of incomplete (the lighting, for one, looked awful).  I'm curious what they mean about capturing the "essences" of the Disney world.  If they just mean aesthetically or with some crafty filter or whatever.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: June 13, 2013, 10:17:20 PM »

About KH III development: "The game is being produced on the Luminous engine with over-specifications (likely on PC), and is being ported to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It will use a special "Kingdom Shader" to give Sora and company visuals adjusted differently to each world's motif."

Oh dear lord now I kind of want them to NOT include PotC or Star Wars. Awlward high fidelity Sora anyone?

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: June 14, 2013, 12:05:46 AM »

Pirates already happened though, and they turned out ok.  The Tron crew looked pretty tight too.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: June 14, 2013, 12:13:53 AM »

Also, Dragon Quest is awful

So are Tales games but I don't harp on about their awfulness every time they're mentioned.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: June 14, 2013, 12:15:18 AM »

Even though I've lambasted Noctis for looking the fool XV looks pretty amazing...

Though my beef with the newer FFs is all the flashy shit going on around the characters. Seems a bit distracting. So many sparklies and flashies.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: June 14, 2013, 12:26:31 AM »

So are Tales games but I don't harp on about their awfulness every time they're mentioned.

Dragon Quest (main series) is more appealing to me than the Tales series. I don't particularly care for one or the other but I tend to appreciate Dragon Quest way more than any of the Tales games.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: June 14, 2013, 12:46:35 AM »

Dragon Quest (main series) is more appealing to me than the Tales series. I don't particularly care for one or the other but I tend to appreciate Dragon Quest way more than any of the Tales games.

Aw boo.  I was just having some fun.  My vocal tone when i was typing that was all uplifiting and in good humor.

I certainly can't wrap my head around a comment like that nonetheless.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: June 14, 2013, 10:39:02 AM »

Pirates already happened though, and they turned out ok.  The Tron crew looked pretty tight too.

Yeah, but that was before the "Kingdom Shader" and rather than looking awkward for matching the high fidelity, it was the contrast that made it awkward.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: June 14, 2013, 04:00:28 PM »

Even though I've lambasted Noctis for looking the fool XV looks pretty amazing...

Though my beef with the newer FFs is all the flashy shit going on around the characters. Seems a bit distracting. So many sparklies and flashies.

To be fair though, this has been an issue for the series since VII, if not before that. First, it was stuff like Summons taking anywhere from the better part of a minute to resolve to more than 5 minutes, then it was excessive camera panning, then it was ATB gauges including a query gauge to disguise loading and allow the developers a shortcut to artificially inflate challenge, to swiping scenes from Star Wars almost wholesale, to making Summons functionally useless, to people bouncing around the battlefield, vaulting up in the air, wailing on an enemy suspended in the air, and summoning fancy transformers to pretty much the same effect as every other ATB based FF made prior to it.

Seriously though, Final Fantasy has always favored style over substance. It just wasn't that much of a problem early on as most RPGs of that era looked like shit, and they and a few others were the exceptions.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: June 14, 2013, 05:44:05 PM »

Just a little update.

"Thank you very much for watching our live stream at E3!
We will be uploading video of the individual programming in high-resolution very soon.
Stay tuned!"

Square Enix Presents Live E3 2013 is a Wrap! -- SquareEnixPresents, YouTube

And some news things about XV:

Nomura wanted to turn Final Fantasy XV into a musical -- Nova Crystallis

Final Fantasy XV's Director on art, the modern setting and crazy hair -- NBC News
Jotacon
Contributing Editor

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: June 14, 2013, 11:13:52 PM »

Nomura's biggest film inspiration is Baz Lurhmann! The king of style over substance! Well, that explains a lot.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: June 16, 2013, 11:17:03 PM »

By the way, I have to ask... do we have absolute confirmation that X/X2 HD will have the International content for both games?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: