Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 11:52:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327192 Posts in 13393 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  SQUARE ENIX Presents, Live Broadcast E3 Showcase
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Print
Author Topic: SQUARE ENIX Presents, Live Broadcast E3 Showcase  (Read 9787 times)
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: June 17, 2013, 11:49:52 PM »

MAAAN, PS2 remasters are sooOOooooOo last gen.  PSX remasters would be the thing to bring back from yesteryear.

I'd be okay with this.  They wouldn't even need a full graphics upgrade, just the ability to be upscaled without looking horrible and blurry. Which, in itself, is a graphics upgrade I suppose, but they wouldn't need to remodel everything.  It would probably take a good deal more work than the PS2 remasters, though.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 12:24:01 AM by Cyril » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: June 18, 2013, 12:06:18 PM »

from Nova Crystallis:

"The E3 demo of the title only offered an introductory vertical slice of FFX, but we also know some of the additional features the title will offer.

Both are based off the 'International' versions of each game meaning that there are additional features, quests, bosses, enemies and other balance tweaks and changes throughout both games.

For FFX this will be new for Americans, but not for Europeans, who got the International additions the first time around. FFX-2's International additions will be all-new for everyone in the West and even includes a strange additional mission with a completely different gameplay style."

I don't know if I should take this info as reliable yet since is a guest article for Nova Crystallis that a guy from another site wrote, but for now though this is the closest thing to a confirmation I've seen.

And still not get the International version for the price of admission? No dice.

Nobody has said anything official anyway.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: June 18, 2013, 12:43:08 PM »

And still not get the International version for the price of admission? No dice.

Right. As I said before, I'm not supporting squat until something official comes out (and I'm still not going to support squat if this turns out to be Squeenix nickle and dimeing us; seriously, FFXII vanilla wasn't worth the original $60 dollar price of admission when it first came out (as evident by the $20 dollar price drop the collector's edition had not more than a week after launch), let alone having to pay that again, plus the adjustments for PS3/Vita/whatever the hell they're porting this to releases at (because you know they're going to charge full price for this), plus the cost of having to buy the international version changes as DLC (and god damn them if its piecemeal); its Capcom levels of sleazy and I'm straight up not supporting that, let alone an HD remaster of an okay PS2 launch title and a piece of shit).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Der Jermeister

Don't Mess with Him

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: June 18, 2013, 06:25:11 PM »

First of all, fuck you asshole, I like FFX and X-2.

Second, I would kill for a PS3 remaster of FFXII Zodiac Job System, which is the version of the game they should have released in the first place.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 18, 2013, 06:35:08 PM »

First of all, fuck you asshole, I like FFX and X-2.

Don't attack other users unless you want to be banned. He stated his opinion, crass as it was, and that's fine.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: June 18, 2013, 08:33:25 PM »

Right. As I said before, I'm not supporting squat until something official comes out (and I'm still not going to support squat if this turns out to be Squeenix nickle and dimeing us; seriously, FFXII vanilla wasn't worth the original $60 dollar price of admission when it first came out (as evident by the $20 dollar price drop the collector's edition had not more than a week after launch), let alone having to pay that again, plus the adjustments for PS3/Vita/whatever the hell they're porting this to releases at (because you know they're going to charge full price for this), plus the cost of having to buy the international version changes as DLC (and god damn them if its piecemeal); its Capcom levels of sleazy and I'm straight up not supporting that, let alone an HD remaster of an okay PS2 launch title and a piece of shit).
FFXII was $50 at launch IIRC, the $60 launch price didn't start until this gen. The price drop was likely due to the fact that the current gen was gaining momentum and people were buying previous gen games less and less. Tales of the Abyss got a price drop almost immediately after release and that game was worth every penny.

I doubt the International version changes will be DLC, but we'll see. I also have my doubts about the game being full price (most HD rereleases have been around $40), but again, we'll see when the games come out.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 01:43:02 AM by Ashtrot » Logged

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #201 on: June 18, 2013, 11:52:50 PM »

Square has basically already said that the HD remasters are going to be $40 for the pack on PS3 and $20 each on Vita.

And yeah, outright attacks are no. I completely disagree with him on everything he said, but you can't tell people to go fuck themselves here. If you disagree, you can say so.

And Aeolus, whether or not you like FFXII is completely irrelevant. The game is massive and saying it was somehow cheating you by being full-price at launch is... well, disingenuous. Maybe you didn't like it, but the game was not incomplete. It was much improved by the IZJS version, but it isn't at all a Capcom-level "hey here's the same game 8 months later at full price but we tweaked it." The game was still better than most games and packed with stuff to do.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 11:56:48 PM by Taelus » Logged

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: June 19, 2013, 01:37:39 AM »

If any single-player FF game released in the last 10 years has been worth its full price at launch, it's FFXII.  It has an amazing amount of content.  The main storyline may get horrible halfway through, when you can tell Matsuno left, but arguing it's not content-filled seems silly to me.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: June 19, 2013, 02:27:00 AM »

FFXII was $50 at launch IIRC, the $60 launch price didn't start until this gen. The price drop was likely due to the fact that the current gen was gaining momentum and people were buying previous gen games less and less. Tales of the Abyss got a price drop almost immediately after release and that game was worth every penny.

I doubt the International version changes will be DLC, but we'll see. I also have my doubts about the game being full price (most HD rereleases have been around $40), but again, we'll see when the games come out.

I specified the Collector's Edition for a reason. -_-;

But yes, FFXII has an absurd amount of content (even if most of it requires a guide and an absurd amount of grinding to even have a chance at getting at). I wasn't going at the amount of content per say to begin with so much as the fact that it took a massive price drop a week after release (and the MMO levels of horrible grinding, and the crappy ATB system disguised as a free roaming MMO style combat system, and the shoddy plot and characters).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 02:31:05 AM by Aeolus » Logged

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: June 19, 2013, 05:28:47 AM »

Final Fantasy XV & Kingdom Hearts III info from Famitsu.

Source(s): Final Fantasy Network, Kingdom Hearts Insider
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: June 19, 2013, 10:34:38 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/18/square-enix-registers-occult-maiden-and-star-ocean-trademarks/
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/18/square-enix-registers-occult-maiden-and-star-ocean-trademarks/
!!!! :D

I know people here have bitter feelings about the Star Ocean series, but I still feel they're incredible titles that require more than level grinding to win the day (and take place in usually pretty fancy settings), so even trademark "news" gets me pretty darn excited. x)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: June 19, 2013, 10:43:51 AM »

Hopefully any new Star Ocean doesn't have the major 3 problems I had with Star Ocean 4:

-Generic characters
-Insanely long dungeons
-Battle trophies based purely on grinding and luck

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: June 19, 2013, 10:50:41 AM »

Hopefully any new Star Ocean doesn't have the major 3 problems I had with Star Ocean 4:

-Generic characters
-Insanely long dungeons
-Battle trophies based purely on grinding and luck

I found the BT's were more tedious than luck/grinding (the 7777, 8888 damage ones aside) -- even still, it was pretty easy to manage to get *at least* half so you can hit the level cap (that, if anything, was an annoying idea; but you could beat the game within the cap they give you).

Chracters were definitely a bore; they really shouldn't have tried to give a sci-fi videogame "anime-souls".  SO3 had vaguely better characters because they didn't try to pull any punches with them or use many stupid gags. 

One thing I am loving about Eternal Sonata is that save points are literally EVERYWHERE.  SO3 was probably the bigger offender for "long dungeons" mainly because they had no problem with "consecutive" dungeons....  *that* sucked.

Even if it's an HD release, I don't care.  I'm one of few people who are perfectly happy being perfectly bias towards the series.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: June 20, 2013, 07:16:36 AM »

Calling it now, reboot with the main cast from 1 as a result of someone time travelling.

Side note: I mentally correlate Star Ocean games with Star Trek series/movies. Last Star Ocean game was the Enterprise game, so the next one has to be the reboot one.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: June 20, 2013, 10:21:41 AM »

Calling it now, reboot with the main cast from 1 as a result of someone time travelling.

Side note: I mentally correlate Star Ocean games with Star Trek series/movies. Last Star Ocean game was the Enterprise game, so the next one has to be the reboot one.

Doesn't explain Star Ocean 3.

But admittedly the Matrix was still popular at the time (before the rest of the trilogy kinda ruined it).

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: