Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 10:49:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327639 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  SQUARE ENIX Presents, Live Broadcast E3 Showcase
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Print
Author Topic: SQUARE ENIX Presents, Live Broadcast E3 Showcase  (Read 10042 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: June 20, 2013, 12:49:22 PM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
I would be totally fine with a Star Ocean reboot.
There is seriously very little room for any continuation or prequel right now.
A reboot is good in the sense that you get to keep the things that were good and scrap the ones that weren't (like the universe is an MMORPG).
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: June 20, 2013, 02:33:17 PM »

A reboot is good in the sense that you get to keep the things that were good and scrap the ones that weren't (like the universe is an MMORPG).

Watch it turn out to be an iOS PtP CCG PoS like everything else that Squeenix is doing right now (that isn't FFXVersus, KH3, FFXIII-3, FFXIVmk2, or Drakengard 3).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #212 on: June 20, 2013, 02:49:37 PM »

iOS PtP CCG PoS

I LOLed.

Although I have to admit, they made a lot of good moves at E3. I think they're doing a very good job of balancing their projects between mobile stuff and "stuff for us" right now.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: June 21, 2013, 06:22:59 AM »

Calling it now, reboot with the main cast from 1 as a result of someone time travelling.

Side note: I mentally correlate Star Ocean games with Star Trek series/movies. Last Star Ocean game was the Enterprise game, so the next one has to be the reboot one.

Doesn't explain Star Ocean 3.

But admittedly the Matrix was still popular at the time (before the rest of the trilogy kinda ruined it).
I mentally map that one to Voyager, which I acknowledge does not have a lot in common with S03.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: June 21, 2013, 07:22:57 AM »

why does occult maiden instantly make me think of valkyrie profile?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: June 21, 2013, 09:29:57 AM »

A desperate longing stemming from abandonment issues? :v

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: June 21, 2013, 02:11:20 PM »

A desperate longing stemming from abandonment issues? :v

I feel that.  I feeeel. that.

EDIT: I kinda like old Yuna's look better.  Either way, nice comparison:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:31:09 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: June 22, 2013, 11:28:31 AM »

I would be really excited if they did another console or handheld Star Ocean. I'll admit being disappointed with 3 and 4, mainly due to the plots of both games (as well as 4's characters, except Arumat) but I loved 4's battle system and thought it was the best in the series. Also, I liked that 3 kept the optional character choice system, where there are 4 potential characters that can join your party but you can only choose 2, which reminds me of 2 with choosing between Opera+Ernest or Ashton and Bowman or Precis. SO2 is one of my favorite games ever, so I definitely hold the SO series in great esteem despite the shortcomings of the latter entries.

If they made Private Actions like they were in first 3 installments I'd be really fucking happy.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 01:05:51 PM by (Tunnels) » Logged
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: June 22, 2013, 12:33:41 PM »

I would be really excited if they did another console or handheld Star Ocean. I'll admit being disappointed with 3 and 4, mainly due to the plots of both games (as well as 4's characters, except Arumat) but I loved 4's battle system and thought it was the best in the series. Also, I liked that 3 kept the optional character choice system, where you 4 potential characters that can join your party but you can only choose 2, which reminds me of 2 with choosing between Opera+Ernest or Ashton and Bowman or Precis. SO2 is one of my favorite games ever, so I definitely hold the SO series in great esteem despite the shortcomings of the latter entries.

If they made Private Actions like they were in first 3 installments I'd be really fucking happy.

Full 3D remake of SO2 (PS3/4 style) would actually make my head explode.... it'd probably need serious plot revamping, but I'm just super saiyan.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: June 22, 2013, 07:28:34 PM »

Square Enix Presents livestream videos rounded up -- Source: Nova Crystallis

"If you missed the livestream festivities last week, Square Enix has uploaded the majority of their E3 presentations on YouTube for easy viewing."
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: June 27, 2013, 12:22:07 AM »

I didn't know where to put this so I figured why not here.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/26/former-square-enix-ceo-yoichi-wada-listed-as-chairman-of-the-boa/

Isn't this kind of like jailing an arsonist then letting him work in a match factory?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: June 27, 2013, 12:57:54 AM »

I didn't know where to put this so I figured why not here.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/26/former-square-enix-ceo-yoichi-wada-listed-as-chairman-of-the-boa/

Isn't this kind of like jailing an arsonist then letting him work in a match factory?

Reposting for emphasis.

(Technically, this is effectively promoting the guy out of the trenches and away from anybody doing anything important. Kinda like promoting a captain, lets say Kirk, into an admiral where he is left to administrate and nose about in top secret research rather than being left at the helm of his ship, for lack of a better example shall be referred to as the Enterprise, which he could run into the ground, by like settling an old score, or outright sinking it, perhaps taking a few Klingons down with it if we're lucky. But then again, this is Squeenix we're talking about here, so who knows?)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: