Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 08:25:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332910 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney  (Read 2483 times)
LINK398

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 23, 2006, 03:21:21 PM »

Is this game really good? I was going to get it anyway but I'm running low on the cash because of all of the other games I want to get and have already reserved. At one of my local Gamestop's they have this game new (I'm not sure about the other Gamestop) Isn't this game rare though? Didn't they re released it? If I don't get it now will it be a while if the game shows up there again?
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 03:27:08 PM »

Is it good?  Nope.  It's freaking great.  Get it now.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 03:46:55 PM »

The game is definitely great.

Each court case has a really good story to it, and you can't wait to find out what happens next. It's also a pretty funny game as well.

I'm glad they added the extra chapter to the DS version, otherwise it would've felt too short.

"Oh, a hunter..."
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 03:47:13 PM »

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=1356764 :P

At first glance, the concept and idea might seem odd, and question how can it possibly be good. All my real life friends are like that, and refuse to give the game the chance despite my reconmenation (pretty shallow). Somehow it just works from the well crafted cases, to memorable characters and more.

I also hope you like reading since it is very text heavy, but it's a great graphic adventure, and you defanitely need to play it yourself to understand the charm of it.

My friend, who recently got the game, loves it, and been showing me a lot of Phoenix Wright spoofs (and gave me that fun link) :P, and made me pick it up again last night. It is still fun and appearently the import of the 2nd game, coming this week (the US version sometime next year) will feature an english option, so I want my lawyer fix.

In short, I love it.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 04:45:46 PM »

I believe there will be a new Phoenix Wright game for DS released in 2007.  Phoenix Wright: Justice For All.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=T000598

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 04:55:32 PM »

As I understand it, there are currently three Gyakuten Saiban games out for the GBA. The first part has already been ported to the DS and released here as Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, and they're currently working on porting the second game. At the same time they're working on a fourth installment exclusively for the DS.

And yeah, the it is really that good. My second favourite game on the DS so far, only beaten by the excellent Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 06:06:50 PM »

I'm still playing through the first one, but they just released the second one in Japan for the very standard price of $30, and it has an English option, so I might just import it instead of waiting 5 months.

The first one's freaking awesome though.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 06:13:27 PM »

I've heard nothing about extra cases for the Japanese one, while I've heard there will be for the US version. Look into it and decide if you'd rather wait for the cases, or just import.

I think I'll wait. I kinda like the US cover more anyway.
GeekyDad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 07:06:17 PM »

I bought it a few weeks ago on impulse because I ran across it on Walmart's site, and it had previously been kind of hard to find. I played through about half of it, and then sold it. Of what I did play I can say that it seems like a very good-quality game...if you're in the mood for that sort of thing. However, I wasn't. I have been bogged down with technical reading in my work of late, and just didn't find the need for more critical thinking an enjoyable way to relax. I wound up buying March of the Minis and Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble instead, and am much happier. Will I eventually come back to PW? Probably. Again, it seemed like a very interesting, and likely enjoyable, game. I just wasn't up for it at the time.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 10:08:16 PM »

Quote from: "GeekyDad"
I bought it a few weeks ago on impulse because I ran across it on Walmart's site, and it had previously been kind of hard to find. I played through about half of it, and then sold it. Of what I did play I can say that it seems like a very good-quality game...if you're in the mood for that sort of thing. However, I wasn't. I have been bogged down with technical reading in my work of late, and just didn't find the need for more critical thinking an enjoyable way to relax. I wound up buying March of the Minis and Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble instead, and am much happier. Will I eventually come back to PW? Probably. Again, it seemed like a very interesting, and likely enjoyable, game. I just wasn't up for it at the time.

If you're going to play it again eventually, then why did you sell it?

Seems like a waste of money.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 12:05:34 AM »

Quote from: "LINK398"
Is this game really good?

I somehow forgot to answer this earlier, but yes, yes it is. I suppose in cases like GeekyDad's you wouldn't want to play it, but otherwise check it out. Even then, I'd recommand getting it and waiting for a good time to play it if you're in a similar situation. Though if you're some freak who hates comedy, you may want to stay away.

As for the rarity: I've seen one call this game 'occassionally rare', and this is one of the few games you can actually say that about: Probably the most extreme case of it at that. I'd get it more because you won't be sure when you can get it again, rather than because it could up and completely vanish.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 02:30:42 AM »

I'm playing through this right now. It's an addictive graphic adventure game - quite compelling story too. I have heard people tell me that they thought it was boring because of mainly pressing a button to go through the motions of the story. I can agree to an extent. There were times where I would be getting sleepy, reading text after text, but I still think it's worth playing.
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 09:12:45 AM »

Phoenix Wright is excellent. So excellent, in fact, that I decided to order the import of Phoenix Wright 2 (which shipped today, strangely enough) which has full english support in addition to the normal japanese.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 06:38:53 PM »

I think I'm going to wait and see how that translation turns out before I import. Some people were talking of shoddy translation(Not engrish, just badly done) and hoping the US version would clean it up. Of course this is from preview screenshots, it may HAVE been cleaned up already.

I did end up importing the first one from play-asia though. It was before the rerelease and I just couldn't FIND the thing. Actually not any more expensive fortunantly since Jp ds titles are cheaper. And bless them for not forcing me to use UPS like every other online game site I've ever ordered from has and just plain mailing it. UPS won't deliver if you're not home(Or rather the online stores won't let them) and it's ALWAYS been a pain in the ass for me to get anything I order.
GeekyDad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 11:18:18 PM »

Quote from: "Fadedsun"

If you're going to play it again eventually, then why did you sell it?

Seems like a waste of money.

Well, when I bought it I knew it was a win-win situation. If I liked it, great. If I didn't, I knew I could likely make back almost what I spent for it. That ended up being the case. I took a loss of $5, but I'm satisfied with my decision.

Again, I kind of bought it on impulse. I was actually shopping Wallyworld's site for a copy of Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble, and stumbled onto PW. In the end, I still had a hankerin' for VJDT. Also, when March of the Minis came out I grew greatly interested in it once I'd learned more about it.

I may come back to it, but then again I may not. I am glad I got to see what it was all about and how it functioned as a game. But I don't miss it. Like I said, it seems like a really good quality game...if you're up for that sort of thing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: