Author Topic: Battle Princess Of Arcadias

Klyde Chroma

• LVL. 71 Purple-cosmo-ninja-ranger
    • View Profile
Battle Princess Of Arcadias
« on: May 28, 2013, 08:27:46 PM »
I know there is not much about this yet (no screens or any concrete info) in circulation but when I read this...
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/28/battle-princess-of-arcadias-gives-you-an-army-to-control/
... I couldn't help but become excited over the prospect of a metroid-vania title with a touch of Disgaea. In spite of my disdain for the prinny platformers they did for the psp (ok... so the games were alright, I just SUCKED at them with a capital SUCK... not fun) I am still sort of stoked to see what they pull off with this. The fact that it is for PS3 and not the vita only compounds my enthusiasm.

Odd with a tentative release of late september there isn't more info though...
I am more a battlefield than a Ninja.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Princess Of Arcadias
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 09:28:35 PM »

Odd with a tentative release of late september there isn't more info though...

I dunno, Plants vs. Zombies 2 is due out in July and we haven't seen much more than a YouTube teaser.  Still, more Metriodvania is always a good thing, no matter what form it takes.

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 10:56:43 PM »
If it makes you feel better, Klyde, the Prinny game was known for being brutally hard.  I also did not do very well at it.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Klyde Chroma

• LVL. 71 Purple-cosmo-ninja-ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 11:49:46 PM »
If it makes you feel better, Klyde, the Prinny game was known for being brutally hard.  I also did not do very well at it.

That actually does make me feel a bit better. I thought I was as embarrassingly horrible at action/platformers as I am at 3d fighters whilst playing the prinny games... I played Megaman 10 shortly after and self esteem dropped even further...
I am more a battlefield than a Ninja.

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 12:10:13 AM »
Wait, you didn't know? They were always upfront about it.  They gave you 1000 lives to start with for a reason...

I could make it through most of the platforming sections of Prinny (never played the sequel...), but some of those boss fights were cheap as heck.  Never did finish it...