Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 04:06:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327204 Posts in 13394 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Community Quiz Quiz Show!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Community Quiz Quiz Show!  (Read 23217 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: August 04, 2013, 09:28:33 PM »

^ set up your own damn thread for that. That ain't trivia. :P

Okay, okay! The next quiz details are heeeeeeeeeeere

Quiz #5
Date: 10th August 2013
Time: 21:00 BST (Countdown Clock Here!)
Subject: Pokemon Red and Blue (Gameboy)

Prize: Steam game worth up to $20
or
$20 Nintendo eShop card
or
$20 PSN card.

(Some prizes may be restricted due to where you live).
I am greatly pleased by your prizes never being xbox live points. Fuck MS.

Also...I'm far too fucking lazy to organize my own sock drawer, nevermind an event. I'll leave that to you sir.

TASTY!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2013, 09:35:25 PM »

This week I'll also be giving away a Steam key for the game Giana Sisters (http://store.steampowered.com/app/223220/). Which was provided kindly by our new editor, PrismFlux. It looks like a pretty nifty platformer from what I saw.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2013, 09:41:19 PM »

Yay, a game I know something about.  I feel my childhood rushing back to me.

Charizard > Blastoise

^This.

Also thank god we're doing these and not any of the later ones where there would inevitably would be a breeding question, and I really don't want to go down that rabbit hole.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2013, 09:44:10 PM »

I've ignored the Breeding place in every Pokemon game I've played so I would probably fail at my own quiz if that were the case. :p

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: August 04, 2013, 10:07:47 PM »

charmander was ass in first gen. the charmander brock matchup was so bad they had to give it metal claw in later gens to give him a chance.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: August 04, 2013, 10:13:03 PM »

Butterfree with confusion can destroy brock all on its own. Psychic was completely broken in Gen 1

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: August 04, 2013, 10:16:22 PM »

You're doing it wrong if that's how you beat Brock. You grab a Nidoran and use Double Kick.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: August 04, 2013, 10:18:04 PM »

butterfree with psychic moves got you through a large part of that game. Psychic was pretty OP, we needed that emergency dark type balance patch. Guess history is repeating itself with fairy

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: August 04, 2013, 11:07:37 PM »

Pfft, fuck all that shit. You lost to brock 20 times to level charmander up into charmeleon and wreck shit with flamethrower like a man.

It was more entertaining when I did the same thing to misty later. Nothing like a level 40 charizard vs a level 20ish Starmie. Really puts things into perspective.

TASTY!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: August 04, 2013, 11:09:00 PM »

I always imagined you as the type of guy who would brute force a solution to every problem.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: August 04, 2013, 11:32:45 PM »

**** all that.  Bulbasaur all the way.  Annihilates Brock and Misty.  By the time you get to Surge you have a Geodude, Onix, or Sandshrew, and by the time you get to Erika you should have a Kadabra*, Growlithe, or Vulpix.  Some of us don't have the time to level up a Charmeleon in the Viridian Forest.

*remember, every Grass pokemon in Gen.1 is also poison element except Tangela

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: August 04, 2013, 11:44:51 PM »

I always imagined you as the type of guy who would brute force a solution to every problem.
Are you insinuating that I am nothing but a barbaric lunkhead incapable of intellectual reasoning?

That's the nicest thing anyone's ever accused me of!

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: August 04, 2013, 11:48:54 PM »

Oh I'm going to do terrible. Haven't played Pokemon Red/Blue since 6rh grade. I don't even remember which version I played.

If I even participate. Started a 10-day antibiotic today that is hell on my stomach.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: August 05, 2013, 08:11:59 AM »

**** all that.  Bulbasaur all the way.  Annihilates Brock and Misty.  By the time you get to Surge you have a Geodude, Onix, or Sandshrew, and by the time you get to Erika you should have a Kadabra*, Growlithe, or Vulpix.  Some of us don't have the time to level up a Charmeleon in the Viridian Forest.

*remember, every Grass pokemon in Gen.1 is also poison element except Tangela

Sure early on Bulbasaur makes dealing with everything up to Rock Tunnel a lot less annoying but you're giving up the best non legendary Fire type in the game (and is probably better than Moltres too) and Squirtle's Water Gun has far more uses on it over Bulbasaur's Vine Whip making it far more useful in Mt. Moon/Rock Tunnel.

Also Geodude, Onix, and Sandshrew are terrible against Lt.Serge himself as he likes to play like Guile and Sonic Boom everything in sight for fixed 20HP of damage. Which is inconveniently located at the one part of the game where fixed 20HP worth of damage is still potent (there's a good chance some of your guys are getting two shotted by Sonic Boom spam and higher defense pokes like Geodude and Onix tend to have less HP to make up for it).

Also also, Eggsecute and Eggscuator (or whatever the hell they're names are) are both Grass/Psychic. And also for Erika, why aren't you sporting Dugtrio? You can just grab one from Digletts' Cave and wreck everything forever with Dig, Slash, and eventually Earthquake.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: August 05, 2013, 09:42:55 AM »

The only Pokemon game I played is Yellow.

I didn't even try that hard to choose which pokemon I wanted; I mostly stuck with the stuff I caught at the beginning.
I think my final team was:
- Raichu (you start with a Pikachu)
- Pidgeot
- Ratticate
- Butterfree
- Dugtrio (for dig)
- Scyther (for cut)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: