Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 09:51:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327367 Posts in 13404 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Community Quiz Quiz Show!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Community Quiz Quiz Show!  (Read 23494 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: March 29, 2014, 08:58:36 PM »

I may have to take you up on that offer. I wouldn't want to accept prize money, though, as I'd feel my volunteer work would be less "valuable", if that makes any sense at all :)

It's up to yourself, we are all volunteers here. I don't have the technical skill a lot of you guys have, so apart from writing reviews, this is my way of making the site a fun place to be. :)

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
zergrav
Software Artist
Contributing Editor

csparks.project sparksine
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: March 29, 2014, 09:00:10 PM »

Sorry, Stephen reminded me there is a difference between public vs. private boards :) I can be monumentally oblivious, at times.

If I ever win, the $20 is MINE! ;)

If it ain't broke, *start* outsourcing your QA department.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: March 29, 2014, 09:07:09 PM »

Bring it!!

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: March 30, 2014, 01:25:00 AM »

Oh wow. Someone else thinks he/she can win.  That's cute.  I drink beers.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: March 30, 2014, 02:40:15 AM »

You're right about the timing for an FFX one. No we havn't done that yet.

Man, I better hurry up on my playthrough then.

I'm still on the Mi'hen Highroad. :P

I'm upset because you were playing (and winning?) Blitzball while I was being a pansy-ass to even try till I could get good players.

Heh, Blitzball isn't hard. I can safely say I'll never lose a Blitzball match. I can easily secure at least a few overtimes before I eventually score. There are some easy adjustments you can make on your team right at the start.

First, recruit Wedge. Biggs isn't that good, but Wedge is a great striker. He has good Endurance, Attack and Shoot. You can find him just outside the locker room area in Luca.

Second replace Keepa immediately. He's garbage. Instead get Jamal, who is hanging around Luca somewhere, sitting on a chair if I remember right. He'll be your goalie until you get the chick who wears red (I can't remember her name), who hangs out near the Moonflow.

Getting Tidus's Jecht Shot on the boat ride from Killika to Luca helps a lot. If you are smart enough with your passes you can get Tidus right infront of the goal with only 2 defenders taking him on. At early levels you'll only have enough HP to use it once until halftime (and then subsequent overtimes). Once he gets a few levels though, you don't need to worry about it.

After your fairly easy goal using Jecht Shot, just play defensively. Jamal with Super Goalie should be able to catch just about anything anyone shoots at the early levels. The Al Behd Pysches may give you a bit of grief, but its not too bad.

Oh man, thanks for this!!  I honestly feel like you can't find Blitzball help without getting into 20 pages+ of other extra content and stats and other stuff. 
I a girl, who dumb sports.  Need basic explain I do.

Yeah, early game Pysches are a pain ("looking at you mr. goalie who has more Catch than a Jecht Shot powered Tidus has in Shot") but otherwise the game is simple enough to run with even your basic Aurochs. Also I found my new midfielder on the ferry to Killika.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: March 30, 2014, 03:56:04 AM »

You pretty much want to get their goalie the second his contract expires.
After that, their team is a joke.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: