Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 08:56:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318956 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Community Quiz Quiz Show!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Community Quiz Quiz Show!  (Read 17298 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 08:44:54 AM »

I assume the server is mibbit's server and not lunarnet.org? (Unless you guys moved from Lunarnet and I just didn't realize it).

The Community Quiz is on the mibbit server (irc.mibbit.net), the Unofficial RPGfan Chatroom is still on lunarnet.org however!

So why aren't we just doing this on lunarnet?  It seems strange to move to a different server when RPGFan already has a presence there

For simplicity sake mostly. I've already been told that IRC has been a turn off for some people. Adding an extra step for the people who are just going to click the Mibbit link isn't something I wanted to do. Picking a name and picking a room is easier than finding a server, picking a name and then finding the room.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 08:52:14 AM »

Considering I have it functioning on my phone, it shouldn't be a case of complexity. It's pretty simple to pull off.

TASTY!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 09:04:07 AM »

It's one of those things that isn't nearly as difficult as it looks, but still can be daunting for people.

We will see how it goes on Saturday, if you guys think not having it on lunarnet is hampering you in some way, I'll look into changing its location. It'll still need to be a separate channel though.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 09:24:27 AM »

Oh man I really need to get 30 posts before this happens. I only started to participate in the forums of the website yesterday. I am really excited for this.

http://backloggery.com/holykael1 - For all my playing shenanigans
"It takes nothing but a single pint of milk to ruin the pure, black magic of the coffee."
"Darker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself...that is coffee."
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 09:34:00 AM »

You still have a couple of days, don't worry about it. Also welcome to the forums. :)

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 09:36:37 AM »

Thanks, Im already hard at work. I dont want to make useless posts like this one though, but it should be doable in the 2 days. Ive been trying to find interesting topics to post on.

http://backloggery.com/holykael1 - For all my playing shenanigans
"It takes nothing but a single pint of milk to ruin the pure, black magic of the coffee."
"Darker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself...that is coffee."
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 05:21:13 PM »

I will do my best to be there, if for nothing else but to laugh at my lack of knowledge about the game! Again though GREAT IDEA!

Everything's Eventual
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 05:44:55 PM »

I would probably be there with you if I weren't the guy with the question cards. (Metaphorical question cards).

EDIT: I should mention that I will be popping in and out the IRC chat, if you happen to catch me in there feel free to ask me any questions you have about the night.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 06:50:48 PM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 08:40:29 PM »

I would probably be there with you if I weren't the guy with the question cards. (Metaphorical question cards).

EDIT: I should mention that I will be popping in and out the IRC chat, if you happen to catch me in there feel free to ask me any questions you have about the night.

Question: Will there be drinks?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 08:51:46 PM »

I was wondering why that thread had over 100 pages. Seriously, that's a whole lotta talk for a meh to ehhh game.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2013, 09:02:43 PM »

Never bothered with IRC before, seems like a good reason to give it a shot now and luckily I've got just over 30 posts. It's been a long time since I've played that game though it's a good one to pick, there's a ton of interesting hidden stuff in it.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2013, 01:54:45 PM »

I just remembered I already promised to help with some gardening on on Saturday. It's supposed to be over 90 degrees, though, so I'll be starting plenty early. The quiz is scheduled for 4pm here, so I will most likely still be able to make it, but if I'm not there that's why.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2013, 02:00:02 PM »

@Kofvscapcom Glad to have you on board!

@Klutz64: That's fine! Don't worry about it. :) You get one free absence before I start sending out the Assassin Hippos.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2013, 08:30:15 PM »

Alright. Fine. You win Starmongoose. I'll join your silly chat. But don't expect any smiles, this ain't McDonald's. >:(

Fake Edit: Wait!? THAT WAS A SMILE!!! :doh:

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2013, 08:35:54 PM »

Alright. Fine. You win Starmongoose. I'll join your silly chat. But don't expect any smiles, this ain't McDonald's. >:(

Fake Edit: Wait!? THAT WAS A SMILE!!! :doh:

The winner gets taken to McDonalds for a Happy Meal by me. Balls in your court, Aeolus.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: