Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 07:17:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329783 Posts in 13518 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Community Quiz Quiz Show!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Community Quiz Quiz Show!  (Read 26738 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: January 12, 2014, 08:17:55 PM »

You mean the romance between Zell and Irvine? The one that's in my head?

Sorry, I'm a strong supporter of Zell x Library Girl with a Pigtail.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: January 12, 2014, 08:27:58 PM »

I for one found the Zell x HotDog love story astounding.

TASTY!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: January 12, 2014, 08:32:48 PM »

* If I'm wrong I"m sorry, it's been a while.

When the heck did RPGFan have fanfics?

You guys sound like you need to lay off the GF usage for a while.

That said, FFVIII's plot was all about Squall and his developing romance towards Riona to begin with. I mean, even the assassination attempt could be boiled down to "Don't worry. Whatever happens, Squall will take care of it.". Rinoa has an item that could depower the Sorceress? Great, lets lock her in her room and ignore her and her stupid plan, and hope she doesn't do anything stupid like tricking another party member into letting her out so she could put herself in harm's way and force Squall into making a detour to save her. Drop gates both in front of and behind the Sorceress' float? Great, now she knows that somebody's gunning for her, hopefully no apprehensive snipers have to take a shot at her while she's on red alert and her shields are up. Hell, it was so much of Squall's show that when he inevitably makes his attempt at offing Edea, nobody takes action to stop his attack outside of Squall's turncoat rival Seifer and Edea herself, despite the fact that not only is he storming the float in the middle of a parade meant to display and showcase the nation's military might, but that the whole goddamn nation should've been on high alert given the two previous attempts made on Edea earlier that very night, let alone the Timber clusterfuck where Squall and co. publicly broadcasted both their intent and their affiliation on the very first live television broadcast in almost twenty years. The most damming thing about the whole assassination attempt though, is that the only reason why it fails is because Edea got a cutscene powered attack off before Squall could deliver the finishing blow.

Basically, despite everything that could possibly go wrong going wrong in the most spectacular way possible, that is the sole reason why the whole clusterfuck falls apart, even his allies didn't even bother once he went down.

And then there's crap like NORG, the Centra continent, the Orphanage cutscene, anything having to do with Esthar, anything having to do with the political or geographical scale of anything (you have a world with two, maybe three countries counting Balmb, five cities, eight if you count the Gardens, three villages, and a bunch of miscellaneous crap like a prison, a missile base, a deep sea research station, an orphanage, and a couple of dungeons and forests), anything involving Riona (yes, including that stupid dance scene, what other explanation is there for Squall's initial ineptitude at dancing other than he suddenly cutscene powers his way into getting good in a hurry; seriously, she is so much The Load that its no wonder I hate her archetype with a passion), among other things.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: January 12, 2014, 08:55:36 PM »

I need to reply FFVIII to see how silly I think the plot is now.  I was much younger the last (and first) time I actually played it...

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: January 13, 2014, 04:28:01 AM »

Guys , Ive recently had an epiphany, Zell is clearly Ultimecia. That is all.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 08:33:20 AM by Holykael1 » Logged

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: January 24, 2014, 10:18:36 AM »

So... is this going to happen again?  I'm busy the next two weekends and the weekend of March 1st, but in mid-February I can play a game.  Or host another game.  I don't care.  What's gonna happen!?

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: February 05, 2014, 01:35:32 PM »

So... do we have an update? It's been awhile. 

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: February 05, 2014, 02:08:42 PM »

Quiz is dead, Mongoosey got the plague

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: February 06, 2014, 07:22:28 AM »

I dunno if you have spycams in my house, but you're right.

I'm dying from the flu currently. I'll update this if I make it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: February 06, 2014, 04:18:13 PM »

I dunno if you have spycams in my house, but you're right.

I'm dying from the flu currently. I'll update this if I make it.

Meanwhile the rest of us will be hiding in quarantine until then. Hopefully we won't start killing each other in the meantime.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: March 25, 2014, 06:02:29 PM »

Hey, it's been awhile since we've had one of these. If the people wish it, I would try running another quiz. I could whip one up about Final Fantasy VI or Persona 3 without much difficulty.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: March 25, 2014, 06:04:05 PM »

If you guys want to arrange something, you are more than welcome to. I havn't planned to leave it this long, but currently my gran is in hospital and its to die. So I've been practically living there for a week now waiting for it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: March 25, 2014, 07:03:12 PM »

If you guys want to arrange something, you are more than welcome to. I havn't planned to leave it this long, but currently my gran is in hospital and its to die. So I've been practically living there for a week now waiting for it.

That sucks. Been there a couple of times myself, and its never pleasant, no matter how distant you are to them.

Now image me making a joke about this thread coming back to life here, because I'm not tasteless enough to put the effort into making one.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: March 25, 2014, 07:06:37 PM »

We need Mesh for this.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: March 25, 2014, 08:26:56 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that, man.  Hang in there. 

(*sorta wishes he hadn't revived this topic*)

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: