Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 03, 2014, 03:20:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330207 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Massive Chalice Kickstarter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Massive Chalice Kickstarter  (Read 1043 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: May 30, 2013, 08:44:25 PM »

Double Fine is clearly hooked on Kickstarter and has launched a new one for what sounds like a pretty cool epic fantasy turn-based strategy game called Massive Chalice.  I couldn't help but think of Agarest War when I heard the whole spans generations thing, but hopefully this has more emphasis on strategy instead of grinding.

I really like the concept, though I am getting wary of funding yet another Kickstarter project when not a single one of the projects I've funded thus far has actually been released yet.  At the same time, this sounds like it was made for me.  If done when then it's exactly the kind of game I'll eat up.  Time to break out the wallet I guess...

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 09:46:38 PM »

Shouldn't they finish their past kickstarters before making new ones?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 10:14:11 PM »

Shouldn't they finish their past kickstarters before making new ones?

inXile touched on this and similar can apply to DoubleFine... though they have enough manpower to put out multiple games at once as recent DD titles showed, and going by the pitch it's literally they have another team free to make a game and have an idea for one, so you have what may be the main team (or at least whichever one Tim Schafer's leading) doing one game and another doing their own.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 11:09:13 PM »

Aside from the roguelike elements this sounds like something right up my alley.

Too bad, between all the upcoming games being released this summer, garage sales, and being semi-unemployed, I haven't got a spare dime to my name. Still worth keeping an eye on though.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 12:46:47 AM »

The only roguelike elements they talk about are randomization and replayability.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 01:40:27 AM »

I believe I am interested in this game. Seems like it'd be up my alley, and Broken Age looks crazy good. I'm not one to doubt Double Fine's artistry, that's for sure.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 04:27:02 AM »

Fantasy X-Com.

Sign me up
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 08:31:03 AM »

The only roguelike elements they talk about are randomization and replayability.

Really? So then in other words they really are making Romancing SaGa 2 SRPG edition.

Jotacon
Contributing Editor

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 09:31:34 PM »

I wish I had the 100 bones to make to get my name in, but it'll be hard enough to scrounge $20. I would have preferred if Broken Age was released before they started another Kickstarter project. Not rationally, I can understand there are moret han enough people to make two games, it would just be more comforting to me.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 10:46:07 AM »

I kickstarted it as well. The ideas are fantastic and Brad Muir is really cute so I just couldn't say no to him.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 01:27:54 PM »

Just a reminder that today is the last day of the Kickstarter if you want to get in on it.  They've met their goal but it hasn't really been the massive success that a lot of other Kickstarters have been.

Edit: Aaaaand the Kickstarter is over.  $1,229,015.  Enough to fund it, sure, but I can't help but be a bit disappointed after seeing all these Kickstarters doing $3 million+.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:12:02 PM by Kevadu » Logged

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 09:44:18 PM »

Just a reminder that today is the last day of the Kickstarter if you want to get in on it.  They've met their goal but it hasn't really been the massive success that a lot of other Kickstarters have been.

Edit: Aaaaand the Kickstarter is over.  $1,229,015.  Enough to fund it, sure, but I can't help but be a bit disappointed after seeing all these Kickstarters doing $3 million+.

It probably was hampered by their decision to NOT do stretch goals, which was an interesting move on their part. Glad to see it funded though; can't wait till more details emerge.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 02:17:25 AM »

What's come of it thus far is looking pretty good. The art style is definitely neat and I hope a lot of that translates into the game.

My only concern is the constant referrals to the recent XCOM versus the other sources, but I suspect that may have just been due to the fact that the backers are probably most familiar of it if anything.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: