Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 04:26:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338194 Posts in 13845 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  .Hack GU
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: .Hack GU  (Read 2468 times)
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 23, 2006, 08:51:58 PM »

The first games were somewhat fun, though the whole 4 game deal was rediculous.  Anywho, this one seems to be getting alot better hype, and I figure ill make a topic for it since it releases tommorrow.

If anyone has had their hands on an import, give us your impressions of it, what you think etc, and if you pick it up, please do the same.

Peace.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 09:03:42 PM »

I'll get it when it drops in price. While I likely would've waited anyway with my thoughts on the original series, FFXII coming out a week later and PSU /on the same exact day/ more or less annihilates it in my mind.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 09:12:42 PM »

Considering that I have both this and PSU fully preordered, and with FF12 coming out on Halloween, I'll definitely be picking it up this week.  Unfortunately, it'll be a while before I sit down and play it.  My gaming backlog seems to have stretched a mile long.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 02:38:38 AM »

Yeah FFXII is on my list, but PSU just, I dunno, I didnt like the gameplay of PSO, and PSU doesnt look much different.  Just not very interested...lol.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 02:42:55 AM »

PSU /does/ have a stronger single player mode, and the gameplay is a lot better with real lock on (PSO's auto lockon is active if you don't have a specific lock on) and weapon skills to rebalance that whole 'everyone can cast magic!' crap PSO had. But hey, whatever. :P
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 10:55:07 AM »

Originally I was very interested in this title.  Then I think Eusis posted an import review on it.  Supposedly the combat is just as bland, they messed up the weapon system (making it more MMO like, but making trades and such useless), and other things that I don't remember.  Also I believe this one is going to span 4 discs as well, no?

Unless it gets a good review score here, which i'm doubting, I'm not sure if i'll pick it up anymore.

edit:  IIRC, the dungeons are damn boring.  Only 4 skins total.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 06:26:09 PM »

If I heard right, either the GU will be a trilogy and each one standalone, and/or that the first one alone spans the same length as the four other games combined.

Seems promising, and I know a few friends both online and one rl who would get it, so I will see how this game goes.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 06:39:55 PM »

It sounds like the second game fulfills those promises better than the first. Also, 1up's review is more positive.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: