Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 09:42:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334630 Posts in 13705 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  DIVEKICK
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: DIVEKICK  (Read 7033 times)
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: June 01, 2013, 06:22:59 PM »

For people who are fans of fighting games, it's a new game coming out this summer made by the fighting game community. This handy trailer here explains it far better than I ever can, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU8n9tGCmwY
(skip to about 1:30 in). Of course that's an old trailer and they've put in quite a few more characters since then. It's still being greenlit on steam and would appreciate your vote on it, there's plenty of tournament play vids on youtube if people are more curious about it.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 08:25:44 PM »

Worth mentioning that it's also coming to PS3 and Vita.

Jotacon

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 09:21:22 PM »

Man, I've been so excited for Divekick for a long time now. Or like, a year because it has only been around for so long. It has a good kind of humor and the gameplay is so fundamental it might be THE fighting game I can get my friends to play(other than Soul Calibur for whatever reason). I already gave it my vote on Steam, but I'll be getting it on PS3 most likely.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 09:28:08 PM »

It's not that I want to play divekick... it's that I want to see 2 very good professional fighters players play against each other in an intense psychological battle streamed on twitch.tv
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 09:40:12 PM »

It's not that I want to play divekick... it's that I want to see 2 very good professional fighters players play against each other in an intense psychological battle streamed on twitch.tv

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/408543766
skip to 6:50:00, it's the top 8 of the most recent tournament. The mystery game tournaments also somewhere in that video, they play a fighting game where they use construction cranes and bulldozers.

Jotacon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 09:51:39 PM »

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/408543766
skip to 6:50:00, it's the top 8 of the most recent tournament. The mystery game tournaments also somewhere in that video, they play a fighting game where they use construction cranes and bulldozers.

Man, UFGT9 was pretty great to watch. With the number of times Savage Reign showed up in the mystery game tournament I think I might have stood a chance to win the thing if I was there.
I love watching people play Mr.N. I'm totally going to main him.

kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 10:11:43 PM »

Last years UFGT had super mario wii in mystery game finals lol. Top tier strategy, pick up your opponent, throw them into the lava. Then grab just enough coins so you have more points than them and just commit suicide so they can't come back.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 10:28:38 PM »

Wait, is this trailer a joke? Is this seriously a fighting game where you just dive and kick? The entire community around it is kidding, right?

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 10:53:41 PM »

Wait, is this trailer a joke? Is this seriously a fighting game where you just dive and kick? The entire community around it is kidding, right?

It's all serious business sir. The game's got a lotta humorous elements like the plot's a parody of fresh prince of bel-air for people who didn't notice and a lot of the characters are based on people in the fighting game community. But the core gameplay is really fundamentals and spacing-based(plus TRIGONOMETRY). Me and my friends played it at ECT and really enjoyed it, so if you guys got time, head to http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132842911 and vote.

Jotacon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 11:17:23 PM »

The trailer is very much a joke. Or rather it is a bad commercial with bad jokes, BUT the game is real and by all accounts good. It's like a game of whoever gets the first poke wins, but tied up with the most annoying mechanic in fighting games. That and tying your momentum into your attacks makes for risky gameplay. Also at this point there are quite a few characters all with different abilities that make it more like a "real" fighting game. I'd recommend watching the stream kofvscapcom posted a few posts up, the matches are pretty good and you get a good look at the character variety.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 11:36:04 PM »

This absolutely does not sound like the kind of fighting game I would enjoy, no much how much I love humorous trailers or Fresh Prince.

I'll be in the back playing LittleBigPlanet Mortal Kombat.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 11:44:06 PM »

Dive kick is the raw essence of fighting games with no fluff at all.
It's all about baiting and taking chances. Zone control is absolute.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 11:47:02 PM »

This absolutely does not sound like the kind of fighting game I would enjoy, no much how much I love humorous trailers or Fresh Prince.

Well it absolutely does sound like the the kind of fighting game I would enjoy.  Rather than focusing on special moves and crazy combos it's all about the pure fundamentals.  Spacing, timing, anticipating your opponent, etc.  You don't need complex controls for that.

I've watched matches of it before and it looks like a lot of fun.  It's amazing how much depth they can get out of two buttons.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 01:49:59 PM »

I still think this game is a joke. Well, it did start off as a joke, but then they turned it into this. Sure, it's the fundamentals of a fighting game, but it takes the rest of the fun out. I'd rather enjoy a fighting game with the fundamentals, but also with the complexities that come with them.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2013, 02:52:28 PM »

Personally, I've never seen basic left and right movement as an unnecessary complexity, so I'm with you there.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: