Author Topic: Last Man On Earth  (Read 1298 times)

RPGamer

• View Profile
Last Man On Earth
« on: January 13, 2016, 06:17:04 AM »
Yo guys! For all fans of Last Man On Earth:

- Did you enjoy Season 1?

- What's your expectations for Season 2

- What's your favorite character?

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Last Man On Earth
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 05:44:34 PM »
I got a few episodes in and just found it too frustrating to continue watching.  That's not a very damning complaint, though, because I feel that way about almost every sitcom.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Darilon

• Level 5 Spoony Bard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 06:44:51 PM »
I really liked the first three episodes but episode 4 almost cringed me into an early grave. Does it pick up again after that or does the humour remain similar throughout?

Episode 4
Code: [Select]
Phil keeps trying to get into Melissa's pants

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 08:43:11 PM »
I really liked the first three episodes but episode 4 almost cringed me into an early grave. Does it pick up again after that or does the humour remain similar throughout?

Episode 4
Code: [Select]
Phil keeps trying to get into Melissa's pants

To be fair, January Jones is pretty as hell.  I like Kristen Schaal enough, but....

Anyways, I was meaning to keep watching this but always missed it.  I do like the idea and even if the "last man on earth" isn't the last man on earth, I do like he'd a big jerk. :P 
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 08:19:31 AM »
Honestlt, Will Forte has always been INCREDIBLY hit or miss for me. I like Macgruber, as it's a pretty hilarious character, but aside from that, he either gets me to grin or bores me to sleep.

TASTY!

natros

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 01:04:41 PM »
Honestlt, Will Forte has always been INCREDIBLY hit or miss for me. I like Macgruber, as it's a pretty hilarious character, but aside from that, he either gets me to grin or bores me to sleep.

I really like his voice acting. I thought he was especially excellent in Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2.

Admittedly, I haven't seen much of The Last Man on Earth. From what I have seen, it's not terrible...

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 08:15:27 PM »

I really like his voice acting. I thought he was especially excellent in Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2.

Admittedly, I haven't seen much of The Last Man on Earth. From what I have seen, it's not terrible...
He does have a good voice for cartoons. Haven't seen Cloudy 2 yet but I would believe you.

TASTY!

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 02:38:32 PM »
THe show has potential but season 2 was pretty weak. There were plenty of funny moments but too many episodes were about Phil trying to apologize or make nice for some tomfoolery

natros

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 04:18:54 PM »
^ From what I understand, that is the emphasis the show's creator(s) were going for from the get-go: Can the end of the world make an asshole mend his ways?

It would seem they are focusing a bit too much on that... The show will get tired quick if that's all they are worried about.