Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 11:45:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318991 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Doctor Who
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 4923 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 01, 2013, 06:32:29 PM »

Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who. They better not fuck up the casting for the 12th.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 07:44:59 PM »

They confirmed him for Series 8, and than unconfirmed him. I'm guessing someone jumped the gun during negotiations. Whoever confirmed him are assholes. They gave me hope and took it away dang it!

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Syn
Shenanigans

MisterDBarton
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 04:11:15 AM »

They confirmed him for Series 8, and than unconfirmed him. I'm guessing someone jumped the gun during negotiations. Whoever confirmed him are assholes. They gave me hope and took it away dang it!
I'm more frustrated with myself than anything else because I bought into those rumors from last week saying he was staying for series 8. At the same time, almost every rumor has had him pegged for leaving the show after the Christmas special. Makes me wonder if/when/who they will be filming the regeneration. Surly they haven't cast the 12th Doctor yet, thus they'll need Smith for some final shoots...

Regardless, Tennant and Smith have provided us with 8+ years of stellar Doctor Who moments and I'm looking forward to the new Doctor, whoever it may be.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 07:42:48 AM »

Dang, I really loved Matt Smith as the Doctor and I was hoping we could get another 3+ years out of him. Oh well. I'll just have to hope that the next Doctor is a good choice.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 10:47:11 AM »

I'm amazed it's been 3 years already. When I think about it it sounds right. But it doesn't FEEL right. Maybe it's just because they only give you a little Who(6ish episodes) at a time.

Smith overcame the emo doctor label and ended up being pretty good. He easily had a few more seasons in him and it's a shame to see him leave.

I wonder why everyone is so quick to leave the show. One season and you're typecast regardless and I'm sure the money is good.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 11:59:59 AM »

The thing is, it's a "normal" amount of time to stay.  I think people just think that Doctors stay longer because Tom Baker was around for so long.  Tennant actually stayed longer than most.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_actors_who_have_played_the_Doctor

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Syn
Shenanigans

MisterDBarton
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 06:27:49 PM »

I'm amazed it's been 3 years already. When I think about it it sounds right. But it doesn't FEEL right. Maybe it's just because they only give you a little Who(6ish episodes) at a time.

Smith overcame the emo doctor label and ended up being pretty good. He easily had a few more seasons in him and it's a shame to see him leave.

I wonder why everyone is so quick to leave the show. One season and you're typecast regardless and I'm sure the money is good.
I think they leave after 3-4 years due to an increase in their popularity and demand. Once you land "the Doctor", 70+ million people soon learn your name, so naturally if you're even a remotely good actor, people are going to want you. I believe Matt Smith made it clear that he wants to break into Hollywood at this point in his career.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 07:11:49 AM »

It's too bad. I would have liked him to stay for one more season.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 03:24:15 PM »

I really like the chemistry between Clara and this iteration of the Doctor. I wanted to see more of Matt Smiths doctor interacting with that character.

All I know is the next Doctor better not be American or a woman.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 03:40:34 PM »

It's time for a gay Doctor.

He regenerates and doesn't need to mope about River any more cause he is all about the mens now.

Male companions obviously will be more prevalent.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 06:18:25 PM »

His moping about River was nothing compared to David Tennant's moping about Rose.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 11:56:06 PM »

New doctor being announced live this sunday..

Get your "oh him?!?!?" faces ready.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2013, 12:44:16 AM »

New doctor being announced live this sunday..

Get your "oh him?!?!?" faces ready.

Probably more like "Who's that?"
I certainly hadn't heard of Matt Smith before Doctor Who.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 12:06:32 AM »

I've heard there are 2-1 odds on Peter Capaldi.

I'm okay with this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Capaldi

I'd like to have someone a bit older again.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2013, 02:29:28 PM »

I've heard there are 2-1 odds on Peter Capaldi.

I'm okay with this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Capaldi

I'd like to have someone a bit older again.

Indeed it is.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: