Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 01:56:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331652 Posts in 13579 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  E3 2013
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: E3 2013  (Read 12003 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2013, 12:06:35 AM »

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: June 11, 2013, 12:06:47 AM »

They call this the 3rd console curse Agent D.

Though in Sega's case it hit 3rd and 4th both.
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: June 11, 2013, 12:07:06 AM »

I want this to be the return of the Playstation 2 way, ya know?

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: June 11, 2013, 12:08:13 AM »

It's official. You need PS+ to play online with the PS4.

I see.

It doesn't bother me as much given the reputation that the service has though.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: June 11, 2013, 12:10:30 AM »

I want this to be the return of the Playstation 2 way, ya know?

Fuck the PS2 way. I don't need another console generation where its one system or the highway. There's no diversity generated from competition in such an environment.

Couldn't think of the pound's ascii code.

And the price point of $400 for the US, $350 for the UK plus confirmed backwards compatibility. Just to rub salt in XBone's wounds.

For the record this seems to just be Gaikai streaming, which isn't true BC though it's a consolation prize at least. And the lack of mention of PS1 or PS2 implies they'll just straight up emulate those on PS4, like I expected.

Whoops. My bad.

That's what I get when I try to keep up with a chat while watching a press conference.

Edit: What I meant was the lack of restriction on used games.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 12:25:08 AM by Aeolus » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: June 11, 2013, 12:11:49 AM »

Come to think of it: THe Last Guardian???  ??

?

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: June 11, 2013, 12:13:44 AM »

https://twitter.com/followarmada/status/344300418974769152/photo/1

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: June 11, 2013, 12:16:23 AM »

Well, better start saving up now. 438 dollars within the next 6 months....yeah that's doab....fuck wait, August games.

Curse you money.

TASTY!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: June 11, 2013, 12:17:02 AM »

Re:  Region locking.  Not surprised it wasn't said at the conference as it probably affects a somewhat small percentage of people, but given the Vita is not region locked (albeit somewhat annoying to get disabled), I'm betting PS4 will be unlocked in some form.  Hopefully....

Also, Killzone stuff looked much more interesting than previously shown.  Still a fan of Infamous3 as running around with super powers sounds pretty damn fun in my book.  Dem mutant powers.

Missed the part about FF14ARR being on PS4, but if they get a version closer to what PC owners will get, then that's awesome.

Most recently today when they showed the new Castlevania running on PS4. Looked nothing next-gen like. I hope I'm wrong, because I plan on getting both.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 is a PS3/360 gen game.  Not a PS4 game.  They can port it to the PS4/XBone but it's still pretty much going to look like a PS3 game because it was developed for the PS3.

Am I the only one enjoying reading Britton's posts?  I can practically see the straws he is so desperately grasping at.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 12:25:08 AM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: June 11, 2013, 12:20:57 AM »

Come to think of it: THe Last Guardian???  ??

?

That didn't happen unfortunately.

As good as Sony's show was, I feel that it was more about sticking it to Microsoft rather than putting out something new and different aside from The Order, and I guess Destiny and perhaps Mad Max.

Squeenix were the only ones shocking and awing, but even then, the FFXV thing and the KH3 thing were more of a fucking finally moment then an actual revelation (hell everybody and their brother knew and called their appearances and the Versus name change at this show).

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: June 11, 2013, 12:23:51 AM »

Come to think of it: THe Last Guardian???  ??

?

That didn't happen unfortunately.

As good as Sony's show was, I feel that it was more about sticking it to Microsoft rather than putting out something new and different aside from The Order, and I guess Destiny and perhaps Mad Max.

Squeenix were the only ones shocking and awing, but even then, the FFXV thing and the KH3 thing were more of a fucking finally moment then an actual revelation (hell everybody and their brother knew and called their appearances and the Versus name change at this show).

I agree, but consider the reveal compared to MS.  In which case, Sony performed better.

I also feel that we reaallly shouldn't call the race yet.
....just that Sony is really ahead atm.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 12:26:21 AM by Dice » Logged

ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: June 11, 2013, 12:35:32 AM »

I disagree. 90% of the show was PS4, whether streaming media and apps or gaming. The list of points of crap PS4 won't be featuring took 5 minutes tops, and you can't say it wasn't on most of the online community's mind. The answer stuck it to MS, yeah, but the question was one we were all asking.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: June 11, 2013, 12:57:55 AM »

I disagree. 90% of the show was PS4, whether streaming media and apps or gaming. The list of points of crap PS4 won't be featuring took 5 minutes tops, and you can't say it wasn't on most of the online community's mind. The answer stuck it to MS, yeah, but the question was one we were all asking.

True. But what about the Vita? That thing got written off faster than the PSP did.

Besides, focusing entirely on a new console doesn't win you an E3. Just ask Nintendo circa 2012 (although it would've helped if one of the other consoles had a critical existence failure for the big N to publicly flog instead of desperately trying to court 3rd party developers and getting stiffed badly).

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: June 11, 2013, 01:15:56 AM »

True. But what about the Vita? That thing got written off faster than the PSP did.

Besides, focusing entirely on a new console doesn't win you an E3. Just ask Nintendo circa 2012 (although it would've helped if one of the other consoles had a critical existence failure for the big N to publicly flog instead of desperately trying to court 3rd party developers and getting stiffed badly).

Ah yes.  Poor, poor Vita.
The sad and ignored orphaned child right now, it seems.

Also, I think all Nintendo has to do is whisper "Smash Bros" and they've earned the ears of people.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: June 11, 2013, 01:34:20 AM »

I still like my Vita.. :(

Also:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: