Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 08:24:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327320 Posts in 13402 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  E3 2013
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: E3 2013  (Read 9975 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2013, 05:58:12 PM »

XBone:

Launches in November $499.

5 minute delay.

MGSV. Snake's riding on a horse with no name, sporting a sudo ponytail. On XBone. Ocelot confirmed.

360 redesign mk2. 2 free games for gold mems only.

Girls und Panzer the MMO World of Tanks for 360.

Max the Curse of Brotherhood and Dark Souls 2 also for 360.

Ryse: Call of Duty: Romandy Invasion. Press Y to stomp a dude. Press LT to call your army over to run a ballista.

Killer Instinct. No B. Orchid.

Sunset Overdrive. Serious Sam meets Zombies Ate My Neighbor. An FPS.

Forza Motorsport 5. Drivatar, it remembers when you accidentally had the sucker in reverse.

Minecraft. Continues to be everywhere.

Quantum Break. Maybe it'll suck less than that one Syfy show/game tie-in. No gameplay.

D4. Okay this one looks promising. Best game of the MS show.

Project Spark. Make your own game for dummies.

Smart glass bullshit. KI curbstomp, recorded for posterity, get useless comments from Twitch.

MS Points now money, share gold profile.

Crimson Dragon. Like Panzer Dragoon but without the sound.

Dead Rising 3 Sledgesaws.

The Witcher 3 free roaming and banging mermaids.

Battlefield 4. And there's the technical difficulties. Also an FPS.

Below. Looks cool beans if a bit too zoomed out.

Some not GitS tech demo, and a Halo at 60FPSes and with Giant Robots.

Titanfall. Halo with Giant Robots. Also an FPS.

And MS is done. They brought the games/trailers but with a $500 bones price tag and Smartglass all over the place, still not winning this thing.

A few Q's if they're known:

-Is the gold member game giveaway a monthly thing like PS+ or a one time thing?

-Which one of those are exclusives?  I'd say hope not Witcher 3, but I'll probably grab that on PC anyway

That UK price .....jesus

Ouch.  I wonder if those prices quoted are with VAT or not?

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2013, 07:00:51 PM »

Ubisoft wanted to make a pirate game.  Hey, that's fine.  But why is it an Assassin's Creed game?

I don't know, it just seems kind of forced to me.  They seem to feel the need to connect everything to this franchise...

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2013, 07:15:01 PM »

Ubisoft wanted to make a pirate game.  Hey, that's fine.  But why is it an Assassin's Creed game?

I don't know, it just seems kind of forced to me.  They seem to feel the need to connect everything to this franchise...

I'd agree if it wasn't for the fact I have no problems with a game that has a "good [enough] excuse" to take me to exotic locations and time periods in history to assassinate people.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2013, 07:26:42 PM »

A few Q's if they're known:

-Is the gold member game giveaway a monthly thing like PS+ or a one time thing?

-Which one of those are exclusives?  I'd say hope not Witcher 3, but I'll probably grab that on PC anyway

・I think they said it was monthly.

・Is said that Microsoft used a bunch of money for devs to lie about their game being "Only on Xbox". The Witcher 3 is not exclusive.

Ubisoft wanted to make a pirate game.  Hey, that's fine.  But why is it an Assassin's Creed game?

Because is easy to make money when you have name recognition with an IP like Assassin's Creed.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2013, 07:29:02 PM »

Ubisoft:

Rocksmith 2014 Edition. And Aisha's sporting more Girlwood.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Still a part of the 4th echelon.

Rayman Legend. Again.

The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot. Amusing trailer for a game that looks to be along the lines of Temco's Deception series except you get to play through other people's traps.

South Park: The Stick of Truth. The Nagasaki Fart. More of the same.

The Crew. Cruisin' GTA.

Watch Dogs. Still looks promising.

Just Dance 2014. Just more of the same.

Rabbids Invasion. And now a TV show in which people can make a spectacle of themselves.

Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag. Moar of the Assassin's of the Caribbean.

Trials Fusion/Frontier. Excitebike for everybody but Nintendo.

The Division. And here's the new title.

A lot of supposed open world games this year, I wonder how many of them will live up to their promises. Definitely more entertaining than MS's and EA's conferences, but nothing new aside from The Division.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2013, 07:32:21 PM »

Didn't read all the posts here, but I found it kind of weird MS didn't give an exact release date. Especially since they're starting preorders already. Aside from that, I liked a lot of what they showed. I think the extra boost One games are going to get from cloud computing is going to kick the PS4's ass. And I'm not biased because I'm getting both. Just what i saw looks so much better than the PS4 games I saw. PS4 looks to still have jaggies". Talk going around at E3 that the "good" PS4 gamers will want is going to be 600 bucks. A big mistale on their part. All they had to do is sell the PS4 50 bucks less than the One and they'd have sold millions more, and more games too, which makes their money for them. Titanfall and especially battlefield 4 looked AMAZING.
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2013, 07:33:01 PM »

Witcher, yay. Division looks good and I hate shooters. And playing with others. And game voice-chat. Erm... Witcher, yay.

In other news, Xbox One boo. Also, EA I see what you're doing trying to buy us all back into not hating you... but I still hate you.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2013, 07:47:13 PM »

Well, now the last conference is almost here. Man I've been waiting for this.

Also if Jack Tretton comes out I wonder how many is he going to say 'PlayStation'. :P

Also, EA I see what you're doing trying to buy us all back into not hating you... but I still hate you.

If it weren't for Dice I wouldn't buy any EA games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2013, 07:49:48 PM »

If it weren't for Dice I wouldn't buy any EA games.

:D

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2013, 07:57:37 PM »

killer instinct looks like fucking garbage :(
have to agree with this...dissapointed

Yep, Killer Instinct looked slower than what it used to be. I have a suspicion that it is going to be bad.

As far as the price is concerned with the Xbone, I don't care. I'm not getting one.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2013, 08:01:33 PM »

I think the extra boost One games are going to get from cloud computing is going to kick the PS4's ass. And I'm not biased because I'm getting both. Just what i saw looks so much better than the PS4 games I saw. PS4 looks to still have jaggies".

Dude, MS's "cloud computing" has absolutely nothing to do with rendering or jaggies.  Zero.  Zilch.  The only way that could work is if you were going to render the entire game remotely and stream it ala Onlive, which requires massive bandwidth and low latency connections to be remotely usable (and also introduces compression artifacts) and isn't what MS is doing.

It's not even clear what MS even means by "cloud computing" here.  Mostly they just seem to be throwing the term around because it's a buzzword.

Also, what PS4 games are you comparing to?  Early builds from 4 months ago?  Sony hasn't done their thing so far and nobody that I've noticed has actually said what platform the multiplats being shown are oon (though it's probably PC).

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2013, 08:05:29 PM »

Didn't read all the posts here, but I found it kind of weird MS didn't give an exact release date. Especially since they're starting preorders already. Aside from that, I liked a lot of what they showed. I think the extra boost One games are going to get from cloud computing is going to kick the PS4's ass. And I'm not biased because I'm getting both. Just what i saw looks so much better than the PS4 games I saw. PS4 looks to still have jaggies". Talk going around at E3 that the "good" PS4 gamers will want is going to be 600 bucks. A big mistale on their part. All they had to do is sell the PS4 50 bucks less than the One and they'd have sold millions more, and more games too, which makes their money for them. Titanfall and especially battlefield 4 looked AMAZING.

Sony bought out Gaikai, which is supposably the leading innovator in cloud technology. So if anything Sony is going to have the better cloud power. Battlefield 4 is going to be on current gen consoles as well as Xbox One and PS4, and Titanfall will also be available for PC, 360, and Xbox One.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2013, 08:06:25 PM »

It's not even clear what MS even means by "cloud computing" here.  Mostly they just seem to be throwing the term around because it's a buzzword.

And to justify the broadband requirement. This is the same way Simcity required constant online connectivity because the simulations were just too powerful for our humble PCs and had to be done on their end, which as there's now an offline hack out is as debunked as bs can get.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2013, 08:16:21 PM »

Oh, okay... shoot me! Friggin' geeks. lol All I know is what I'm seeing from games SO FAR is the X box One games look better. By far. I know jaggies have to do with anti-aliasing or whatever it's called, but the PS3 games look jaggy as hell.
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2013, 08:19:21 PM »

Oh, okay... shoot me! Friggin' geeks. lol All I know is what I'm seeing from games SO FAR is the X box One games look better. By far. I know jaggies have to do with anti-aliasing or whatever it's called, but the PS3 games look jaggy as hell.

Better than what? Almost nothing shown was Xbox One exclusive. It's all either PS4 or PC as well. And Sony hasn't even started their presentation.

You're comparing apples to... invisible apples? No shit the apples look better. You can see them.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: