Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 07:55:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331512 Posts in 13574 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  E3 2013
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: E3 2013  (Read 11951 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: June 05, 2013, 03:40:17 PM »

E3 2013 Games List -- IGN

E3 2013 Press Conference and Streaming Schedule -- Gematsu
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 04:01:54 PM »

Ah, that is so IGN "Let's just post a list of every upcoming game we know about then just add a column on whether or not we know it will be shown at E3. Then let's call it the 2013 Games of E3 list." The internet focuses too much on digging up E3 news prior to the event. 'Cause, you know, apparently people just hate surprises.

Hell, I don't even like when people spoil the Tuesday PSN updates for me.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 04:04:53 PM »

My prediction is that Nintendo are the ones to beat this year and that Ubisoft and Sony have the best chance to do so.

Konami is irrelevant.

Mircosoft has already seized last place.

EA may surprise us with Mirror's Edge 2 and Dragon's Age 3 might not suck. Otherwise they're irrelevant.

Ubisoft will probably focus on showing support for the next round of consoles as well as the usual Ass Creed and Rayman. They could still surprise us with yet another new IP though.

Sony has a new console and may announce a new IP or two to go with it. I'd be nice to see them push Vita harder this year as well. They may also have news on The Last Guardian or FFXIIIVersus (although the latter is highly unlikely). They may also waste everybody's time again this year by trying to reintroduce the Magic Book bullshit from last year or something similarly stupid. Who knows.

Nintendo potentially has everything inbetween, from shit like Nintendo Video mkII and Super Scribblenaughts again somehow to a litany of 1st party games such as LttP2, Xenoblade 2, SSB4, SMTxFE, and so on. The one thing I do know though is that they're avoiding last year's mistake of letting guys with meager presentation skills waste everybody's time by fumbling about with the game they're presenting.

Squeenix is irrelevant. Sony will most likely have their most worthwhile announcement. It suddenly occurs to me that Squeenix does have something worth looking forward to when I was trying to recall what the Deadly Premonition team was up to (i.e. helping out with Drakengard 3). Beyond that though, meh.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 08:11:38 PM by Aeolus » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 04:15:58 PM »

Capcom could announce Dragon's Dogma 2 with multiplayer and blow everyone out of the water.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 04:17:50 PM »

Time for a list of things that would be a dream come true but will most likely not happen:

- Golden Sun 4 on the Wii-U
- PS2 classics support on Vita
- Dragon Quest going back to Playstation
- Information on Dreamfall Chronicles
- Professor Layton x Ace Attorney being localized (Pffffft)
- Metroid 2.5D platformer on 3DS.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 04:18:13 PM »

Ah, that is so IGN "Let's just post a list of every upcoming game we know about then just add a column on whether or not we know it will be shown at E3. Then let's call it the 2013 Games of E3 list."

Just put the link as reference anyway.

irrelevant.

Seriously though, just try to enjoy yourself instead of focusing on being salty.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 04:44:00 PM »

Ah, that is so IGN "Let's just post a list of every upcoming game we know about then just add a column on whether or not we know it will be shown at E3. Then let's call it the 2013 Games of E3 list." The internet focuses too much on digging up E3 news prior to the event. 'Cause, you know, apparently people just hate surprises.

Actually it's a wiki so they let the users do it for them...

Hell, I don't even like when people spoil the Tuesday PSN updates for me.

OK, that's just weird.  You don't like knowing release schedules?

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 04:48:45 PM »

Aeolus may be salty, but he usually says a lot of the stuff that's going on way back in my head.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 04:58:48 PM »

Why is Konami not relevant? I missed that part. They're coming out with MGSV and LoS2. I loved every previous Metal Gear, and Lords of Shadow was a great reboot. I'm looking forward to both of those games. Maybe they'll even announce a handheld Castlevania better than the one we got. OR MAYBE SUIKODEN WUT

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 05:02:35 PM »

. OR MAYBE SUIKODEN WUT

You too can have your very own suikoden pachinko machine.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 05:07:39 PM »

Aeolus may be salty, but he usually says a lot of the stuff that's going on way back in my head.

Doesn't matter. He's still a salty individual. :P

Why is Konami not relevant?

Because they mainly publish stuff from other studios, but not entirely.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 05:21:12 PM »

OK, that's just weird.  You don't like knowing release schedules?

I keep up with release dates of games I'm looking forward to. I'm talking the PS+ free game of the week, sales, and the occasional surprise classic (Like when they posted Fatal Frame 1 & 2 out of the blue).

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 05:24:02 PM »

It was only meant as a joke. Didn't realise how bitter it sounded until I reread it. I would actually love if they brought that over. Even if it is not connected to the main series it looks really fun.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 05:27:57 PM »

I'm excited for E3.  Even though I'm beginning to think I've been to one too many.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2013, 05:36:50 PM »

Why is Konami not relevant? I missed that part. They're coming out with MGSV and LoS2. I loved every previous Metal Gear, and Lords of Shadow was a great reboot. I'm looking forward to both of those games. Maybe they'll even announce a handheld Castlevania better than the one we got. OR MAYBE SUIKODEN WUT

Kojima's studio is practically its own entity at this point and they've going on about MGSV for the better part of the year now. They probably won't have much more to say about the game outside of this year's tactical watermelon slicing action gimmick or a stage that looks suspiciously like the Caribbean circa the 17th century and features assassin pirates.

Lords of Shadow, to me, was little more than a God of War clone that didn't offer enough to consider playing (although I do have access to it should I change my mind). Also Mirror of Fate looked incredibly boring last year. This year I expect to see yet another God of War clone that doesn't really do anything different from its immediate predecessor to distinguish the two apart.

Beyond that, what's to expect? Another Silent Hill that completely misses the point yet again? Another Suikoden that's farmed out to Tri-Ace? Another Vandal Hearts that uglier than sin? Another Gradius that just a cheap iOS port (or god help us, another creepy Otomedius game)? Another Contra that's farmed out to Wayforward? Something new that's strictly for iOS or Pachinko Machines? Or perhaps another N3 game but this time with "TUO MIRRION TOOPSU!!!"?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: