Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 10:22:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332835 Posts in 13638 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  E3 2013
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: E3 2013  (Read 12434 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: June 11, 2013, 05:27:55 AM »

i think it may have something to do with the weaboo hate among dude bros

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: June 11, 2013, 05:43:15 AM »

I am thankful  Killer Instinct was brought back from the dead but if they gonna nickle & dime me to death the franchise can just stay dead. Not that I was gonna get an Xbone anyway.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: June 11, 2013, 05:52:39 AM »

I don't know a lot of fighters seem to be moving towards free-to-play now, at least as an option.  And it kind of makes sense.  At their core they are multiplayer games that depend on having an active community and it's a good way to attract new players.  And they're constantly getting updates and new characters and stuff anyway, so it's a more natural way to deliver things than having hyper tubo mega deluxe versions, etc.

Heck, playing these sorts of games in the arcade was the original nickel and diming ;)

Yeah, I think fighting games are one genre I might actually not hate to see go free-to-play.  Now if you try to do that to my single-player RPGs, on the other hand, I will stab you.

Not that I care about Killer Instinct anyway because the game looks like trash and it's on the Xbone.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: June 11, 2013, 06:43:42 AM »

Asia too boring? They don't have an equally long and interesting history as the West no sirree it's all Samurai and uh, Emperors over there. Seriously, that is bullshit. You have Zheng He and the treasure fleets which gives access to all of Indo-China. You have England meeting China or America opening up Japan with the Blackships which has that West meets East thing. And then you'd still have ships and it could be about the Assassin's trying to establish connections in Japan since the East is mostly Templar. You have the Boxer rebellion with interesting politicking going on. You have Japans invasion of Korea. You could have the other important artifacts that they seem to have forgot about and set it earlier than the first AC and then you have access to anything.
Well that was a rant, but yeah I asked for the French Revolution when I heard AC3 was going to be further in the future than the others. It is much more interesting than the American Revolution. Plus they ruined their chance to have the Battle of Montreal in AC3 so clearly they don't care.

Well looks like they thought at least japan was too boring.
Also saw people suggesting it could've had martial arts, but Ubi would probably claim it'd be too much effort to get an expert on at least one fighting style and animate it.

And then also Russia seems to be a pretty popular one that people want.

To be fair, a better way of looking at it is with the question of where would Knight Templars be all up in (although China did have the Silk Road and would've been a possible place for Templar activity)? Granted, it probably would've been better if they had at least focused on stuff like the raiding of Spanish treasure ships by English Privateers such as Sir Nathan Francis Drake or picking off Spanish Conquistadors instead of Pirates of the Caribbean (like that hasn't been done to death already).

But yes something like the Russian Revolution, the English conquest of India, or something like the Boar Wars would've also have made for an entertaining setting.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 11, 2013, 10:12:44 AM »

Apparently the PS4 camera is not included and costs $59.  I guess that's part of the reason they were able to hit that $399 price point.  Oh well, still cheaper than the Xbox One even with the camera and this way if you don't want it...you don't have to get it.

The funny thing is they haven't shown off a single game that actually uses it yet...

This is perfect for me.  I have no desire for the camera.  And if I do end up with a game where it'd be useful enough, I'll shell out the money and get it, then only plug it in long enough to play that game.  But I see that as a pretty remote possibility at this point.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: June 11, 2013, 10:23:03 AM »

Apparently the PS4 camera is not included and costs $59.  I guess that's part of the reason they were able to hit that $399 price point.  Oh well, still cheaper than the Xbox One even with the camera and this way if you don't want it...you don't have to get it.

The funny thing is they haven't shown off a single game that actually uses it yet...

This is perfect for me.  I have no desire for the camera.  And if I do end up with a game where it'd be useful enough, I'll shell out the money and get it, then only plug it in long enough to play that game.  But I see that as a pretty remote possibility at this point.

Same here. I like being given the option of having it, as opposed to being forced to buy it with the console itself, especially if it means the console will cost more.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: June 11, 2013, 10:38:21 AM »

Same here. I like being given the option of having it, as opposed to being forced to buy it with the console itself, especially if it means the console will cost more.
Thirded.

On a different topic. I've mostly stayed out of this console war hot topic right now. The PS4 looks great, and will definitely be my console next gen. I've no interest in the Orwellian nightmare that is Xbox One, but, who are people trying to fool by saying it is going to flop? It'll do just fine, I'm sure, riding on the backs of kids and people who may as well call the Xbox their Halo machine.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: June 11, 2013, 10:57:00 AM »

The difference is, Mr. Mongoose, XBox hasn't really had to rely purely on that crowd in the past, and it's starting to sound like this is going to be the scenario this generation. That and people who have to have everything, but even some of those people (AND some of the hardcore XBox fans) are starting to lookl towards the PS4.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: June 11, 2013, 10:58:17 AM »

Nintendo:

Well holy shit was this presentation bad.

Super Mario 3D World. They finally brought back Peach to the roster (ala SMB2).

Mario Kart 8. Now you can hang upsidedown from the track while getting blown up by a dozen consecutive Blue Spiny Shells.

Wind Waker HD. Tingle Tuner got replaced by a bottle. Everything else looks the same. Big whoop. :/

Third Party trailers. Second verse, same as the first.

Digital/Indie titles. See above.

Wonderful 101. 5 players, big whoop.

Art Academy. Now in WiiU flavor.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. Now with 100% more hair.

Bayonetta 2. Now with less hair. Hey I thought Nintendo was against that kind of thing?

Big Red X. Continues to impress. I just wish it didn't look so Monster Hunter-ish.

SSBU/3DS. 3DS version doesn't look too bad, WiiU version obviously looks a hell of a lot better though. Hey look the Animal Crossing guy got in finally. And of course Samus is sporting her Other M look, fuck. And hey wait....MOTHERFUCKER!!! They finally included Megaman! Now we know why he wasn't included in Marvel vs Capco....wait? Is that IT!? WTF!?! Goddammit Nintendo!!! :doom:

Edit: And I couldn't see this during the live broadcast due to the rampant technical difficulties but....Pokemon X & Y. Now with a new Fairy Type to stick it to Dragons (and maybe make Jigglypuff/Marill suck a little bit less). The new Eeveeolution will be of that type.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 11:25:35 AM by Aeolus » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: June 11, 2013, 11:13:25 AM »

This was my first time seeing X and holy shit does that look fun. I can't wait to learn more.

And I really liked what I saw of Bayo2. I'm glad they kept the tongue-in-cheek, campy attitude of the first game.

Shit, this means I'm gonna have to get a Wii U.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: June 11, 2013, 11:22:46 AM »

Nintendo:

Super Mario 3D World. They finally brought back Peach to the roster (ala SMB2).

Mario Kart 8. Now you can hang upsidedown from the track while getting blown up by a dozen consecutive Blue Spiny Shells.

Wind Waker HD. Tingle Tuner got replaced by a bottle. Everything else looks the same. Big whoop. :/

Bayonetta 2. Now with less hair. Hey I thought Nintendo was against that kind of thing?

Big Red X. Continues to impress. I just wish it didn't look so Monster Hunter-ish.

SSBU/3DS. 3DS version doesn't look too bad, WiiU version obviously looks a hell of a lot better though. Hey look the Animal Crossing guy got in finally. And of course Samus is sporting her Other M look, fuck. And hey wait....MOTHERFUCKER!!! They finally included Megaman! Now we know why he wasn't included in Marvel vs Capco....wait? Is that IT!? WTF!?! Goddammit Nintendo!!! :doom:

Super Mario: More shit, new day.  Really don't think we need another game for the already saturated Mario-market.  If it's good, awesome, but unlikely a sale from me.

Dislike the new Bayonetta look...she looks more like the red-wearing girl (Jean?), but if the game is good....

Mario Kart Wii was a fucking nightmare to play with all the crap flying at you.  I'm done with it.

And yeah.  3DS Smash shows an unnecessary black cel-shade border around characters.  Blegh.  The WiiU one looks great though, I'll probably grab that.  I love the crazies for Megaman in the game, no one was this psyched for Tatsunoko or MvsC.  But ah well, cool beans.  Looking forward to the other additions.  Brawl was amazing for just filling that game to the RIM with awesome features.

Xeno games just looks ballin.

AND ZELDA TRAILER.  LINK BETWEEN WORLDS for 3DS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAluniNRibs
Looks awesome. Curious how story elements are handled...SNES Zelda was pretty dry for it, so....
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 11:29:39 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: June 11, 2013, 11:35:21 AM »

FAIRY TYPE.

OH MY GOD JIGGLY, MY DREAM OF YOU BEING USEFUL HAS COME TRUE.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: June 11, 2013, 11:45:49 AM »

Eh. I thought that while Nintendo didn't blow any minds they showed some damn good games, and that's more than enough for me.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: June 11, 2013, 11:50:41 AM »

AND ZELDA TRAILER.  LINK BETWEEN WORLDS for 3DS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAluniNRibs
Looks awesome. Curious how story elements are handled...SNES Zelda was pretty dry for it, so....

Is it odd that the sexiest thing in that trailer to me is the remastered sound effects? The game looks crazy fun, but I am LOVING those sound effects.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: June 11, 2013, 11:51:40 AM »

The difference is, Mr. Mongoose, XBox hasn't really had to rely purely on that crowd in the past, and it's starting to sound like this is going to be the scenario this generation. That and people who have to have everything, but even some of those people (AND some of the hardcore XBox fans) are starting to lookl towards the PS4.

Oops, missed this. I hope you are right. :)

I'm just a natural pessimist.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: