Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 04:04:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334648 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  E3 2013
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Print
Author Topic: E3 2013  (Read 12851 times)
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: June 14, 2013, 12:34:42 AM »

Xbox One Pre-order information website image.... NSFW

http://i.imgur.com/ARk8bgt.png
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: June 14, 2013, 12:35:59 AM »

So the power of the new inFamous protagonist is... stealing powers? This is Open-World Grunge Mega Man starring Troy Baker?  I dig it.

He also the voice of Ocelot on MGS V now.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: June 14, 2013, 12:54:54 AM »

what is this tripping?

Apparently you can randomly trip in SSBB. It was meant to encourage the random nature of the games and discourage the competitive aspect, but to me that just sounds dumb and not like a random thing that can actually make the game more fun.

God, I hate just how NINTENDO-sounding that is.  I actually wonder sometimes if Nintendo starts to sweat when they have a Rated M game near their system.

So the power of the new inFamous protagonist is... stealing powers? This is Open-World Grunge Mega Man starring Troy Baker?  I dig it.

He also the voice of Ocelot on MGS V now.

I do love his voice.  Looks like he's the new "Nolan North".

It kinda hurts but I can't stop looking

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: June 14, 2013, 01:17:56 AM »

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: June 14, 2013, 01:24:34 PM »

So, with E3 being done I would like to ask everybody here what was your game of the show?

I'll go with The Devil Within:

Off-Screen Leaked Footage

I could go on and on about why I've been anticipating this since 2011 and above of MGS V. But long story short is that Tango Gameworks doing this in mind as a "Pure Survival Horror" title under the direction of Shinji Mikami (which is said to be last project he well be doing as Director) is something that I can't ignore given how dead the horror genre has been since 2008 or even longer than that.

Hopefully the people at Tango can pull this off because this has the potential to be bigger and better than RE1, REmake and RE4.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: June 14, 2013, 02:22:46 PM »

Am I allowed to pick The Last of Us?  It's not technically out until after E3, right? ;)

Seriously, though, the big news from this E3 was obviously the new consoles, but I wasn't super-impressed by any of the games.  I guess the one that stands out most for me was FFXV, but I think that's just because I was so shocked to see the game actually running after all these years.  Still have no idea how it will really play.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: June 14, 2013, 03:03:06 PM »

Game of the show for me was Destiny. I've been making fun of it since they announced the title, simply because they didn't give any information about it whatsoever other than it was being made by the makers of Halo and published by the makers of Call of Duty.

I still think that was a stupid, stupid move on their part, but I'm willing to admit that the game not only looks good, but it looks amazing. I think this is finally an MMOFPS that I can really get behind. It just looks fantastic.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: June 14, 2013, 04:45:56 PM »

It's a tossup between smash wii u, the order, and destiny. Smash has Megaman....big HOOGE points for that, the order looks pretty intriguing from an observational standpoint, and destiny looks like borderlands meets halo with WoW in the mix. I'm pleasantly surprised by it overall, even if it's being published by my archnemesis activision.

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: June 14, 2013, 04:49:53 PM »

I don't care, that game made by respawn looks fun.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: June 14, 2013, 05:23:18 PM »

Call of Duty with traversal and mechs? Looks alright, but Destiny seems more ambitious.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: June 14, 2013, 05:31:54 PM »

Call of Duty with traversal and mechs?
The lack of a single-player turns me off of Titanfall.  It looks neat, and the giant robots and explosions sure were cool giant robots and explosions, but I value a single-player experience in my games, with multiplayer only if I really want more.  I totally get that I'm not Titanfall's target audience, but there ya go. 

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 14, 2013, 05:57:31 PM »

Call of Duty with traversal and mechs? Looks alright, but Destiny seems more ambitious.

I think both look nice, and with X next year looks amazing for sci fi games regardless.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: June 14, 2013, 06:22:34 PM »

I actually missed out on the destiny reveal. I'll have to catch up on E3 news this week.
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: June 14, 2013, 07:46:03 PM »

Of the Mechy games, I think "X" looks better than Titanfall. That and Destiny are the two I'm most looking forward to, I really want Bungie to pull this off and it to be as good as it looks. As for FFXV... I still need to finish XIII and XIII-2. Not sure if not being interested in KH3 makes me a traitor or not, but I've tried several KH games and just couldn't get in to them. i can not feel like I'm on an epic quest with Donald Duck. It does not work for me.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: June 14, 2013, 09:43:01 PM »

I still think that was a stupid, stupid move on their part, but I'm willing to admit that the game not only looks good, but it looks amazing. I think this is finally an MMOFPS that I can really get behind. It just looks fantastic.

Completely agree.  Borderlands just didn't interest me, but something about this makes me want to try it.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: