Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 02:41:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334646 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  E3 2013
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] Print
Author Topic: E3 2013  (Read 12847 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: June 14, 2013, 09:48:00 PM »

Akanbe-... Borderlands is fanfuckingtastic
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: June 14, 2013, 11:46:56 PM »

*edit* moved to xbox forum to reduce pollution here.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 03:25:04 AM by zMKnightz » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: June 15, 2013, 01:02:41 AM »

This as long as you play multiplayer. It's not a requirement, but it's like eating a bowl of cereal without the milk. Some people are lactose intolerant, others just prefer the cereal naked....but cmon.

TASTY!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: June 15, 2013, 01:36:14 AM »

That's right, just ask anybody who was waiting for Aliens: Colonial Marines. :V

Anyways, my thoughts on game of the year is probably either going to go to MGSV or SSB4.

Now X looked fantastic, but between the trailer focusing mostly on the mechs dolls plus some of the environments beyond that one huge plain/badlands and that the previous trailer in January showed more of the gameplay and plot hints than the one we got here, I feel that all I got out of it was a nice trailer to whet my beak and not much else.

Meanwhile, D4 was the most interesting reveal of the show to me but all I can really say on it is that its a Swery65 directed murder mystery. Now whether D4 was heavily influenced by David Lynch like Deadly Premonition was or if its more along the lines of something like Spyfiction, we wont know until more information comes along.

Now a lot of games promised open world exploration this year, but I suspect that some of these claims will either eventually fall through or have a very "narrow" view of "open world". However, MGSV seems like a game that'll not only deliver on that claim, but that between Ground Zeros and The Phantom Pain, there'll be an element of time skipping which is a narrative technique that typically results in a deeper and more rounded plot since the passage of time is applied to the proceedings and that writers can't just rely upon static cardboard cutouts when transitioning forces them to take a direction. But more importantly is that we got to see some tactical equestrian action and glimpses of the latest rogue gallery. I can't wait to see what kind of silliness comes from this game (like Chico graduating into Coward Duck or how many _____ crosses Ocelot ends up pulling or how much action will Huey see with his new robolegs).

As for SSB4? Come on, the WiiFit Trainer Lady reveal was great way to end the conference portions of E3 (and a hell of a :master: on the gaming media commentators spewing doom and gloom for Nintendo's prospects and/or outright writing them off during their "coverage"). Also nice to see that Capcom's Top Men found something to do with Classic Mega Man that isn't a cheap cash in or terrible iOS port (even if there's that MM2 love once again; at least there's coverage from at least the first 8 MM games).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: June 15, 2013, 04:19:35 AM »

So some (mostly plausible) things I wanted to see this year but didn't.
SMTxFE gameplay, Dark Cloud 3 announcement, Drakengard 3 localization, FFt-0 port announcement, Tits 2, maybe something new about that Monolith 3DS game, a finalized name for X and new details about it instead of just gameplay, Crimson Dragon not being xbone exclusive.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: June 15, 2013, 08:18:25 PM »

What I'm most interested in, based on this year's E3 coverage, are Transistor, Blackguards, and Deus Ex: The Fall.  Transistor, especially. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: June 15, 2013, 09:47:46 PM »

Agreed on Transistor. That looks great. Not much else I'm all that excited about yet. Interested in Lords of Shadow 2, FFXV, Witcher 3, Beyond: Two Souls, and the DLC for TWD. I'm most excited right now for the game that just came out, The Last of Us.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: June 15, 2013, 10:45:57 PM »

South Park: Stick of Truth remains as my most anticipated game. It looks like it will be the first SP game to actually be good.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: June 15, 2013, 11:00:05 PM »

E3 1996 debuts:
Final Fantasy 7
Resident Evil
Nights into Dreams
Tobal No. 1
Starcraft
N64 & Super Mario 64