Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 07:53:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334804 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  TBC release date - January 2007
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: TBC release date - January 2007  (Read 5150 times)
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 24, 2006, 05:43:07 AM »

It's official, folks!

I don't mind. Gives them some extra time to polish the thing.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 07:22:35 AM »

Lol, I love how the retarded official WoW forum immediately threw up their hands in disgust and started posting the most ridiculous ideas ever.  I read some guy who said Blizz should just patch in draeneis and blood elves in 1.13 because they'll be useless if they can't be taken past 60 anyway.

...God that community is retarded.  

Anyway, based on what I read I'm glad the expansion is being delayed, and I am looking forward to the new talent trees in 1.13 (1/39/11 baby :p).

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
CarpeNoctumXIII
Banninated

CarpeNoctumXIII
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 09:16:04 AM »

Excellent! Gives me more time to get my shit together with my Rogue since I gave up on my 60 lock.

--Oh, please. Warping the minds of men and shepherding the masses has always been your Church's domain. You lure sheep with empty miracles and a dead God. ...Or perhaps you, too, are a sheep, Samantha. A poor little lamb, bleating for your faith as though it were milk of the poppy. Yet mark your savior well, for he is one of the demons you so fear, Samantha--
Alexander
Easy Bake Covenant

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 10:16:27 AM »

I am still confused how exactly they will work talents in 1.13. Is it the original 51 points to spend on the new bigger talent trees?

Anywho, I'm actually relieved it's delayed.  My studies need all the help they can get for finals.

Behold, the greatest taco in the history of the world! http://tacostothelimit.ytmnd.com/
[Previously known as Miilou Suede]
acornthief.tumblr.com
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 10:48:57 AM »

I am pretty sure that they will give all classes back their talent points and you will get to spend them as you see fit. With all the changes they made, not just with additions, but with changes to existing trees and talents, that's the only way  that seems fair.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 11:00:35 AM »

So....is this in Europe only, or worldwide? I mean....the Blue doesnt really say one way or another, and the only sites saying it's officially delayed seem to be either French or Danish in origin.

Anyone confirming this for moi?

Edit: Nevermind.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html;jsessionid=5AB606C24C546C48B4A6451F54225469?topicId=38244050&sid=1

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 11:07:31 AM »

Quote from: "Ryos"
Lol, I love how the retarded official WoW forum immediately threw up their hands in disgust and started posting the most ridiculous ideas ever.  I read some guy who said Blizz should just patch in draeneis and blood elves in 1.13 because they'll be useless if they can't be taken past 60 anyway.

...God that community is retarded.  

Anyway, based on what I read I'm glad the expansion is being delayed, and I am looking forward to the new talent trees in 1.13 (1/39/11 baby :p).

Of course it's retarded, you linked the WoW europe forums.  They're the ones that go "ZOMG WE BEAT THOSE US NUBS ON A WORLD FIRST KILL".  Don't know why they always focus on that.  US gamers don't seem to care... or at least didn't before all that shit started.  Though I'm not saying the US forums aren't equally retarded, they are and probably even more so.  It's half the reason I decided to stop playing until BC.

As for the delay, did they ever really release a concrete date or even a month before this?  Wasn't it just all speculation?  I saw the late november release date on gamestop but never really thought much of it.  I'm slightly miffed about it I guess.  I was hoping to be able to pick up BC once finals were over and play it over Christmas break.  Would have been nice since the game would have been out for a couple weeks so the mad rush of the new zones would possibly be lower.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 11:11:00 AM »

Blizz said earlier this summer that it would be released November 2006.....so everyone under the sun tossed up the November 28/29 date to be democratically safe. And stupid. The guy at my local gamestop was like...dude at the Manager's Conference we were told and it was confirmed by like six guys who work for Blizzard that it would be DEFINATELY November 29th. He wasnt the manager, obviously.

Dagg....stop laughing.

At any rate...I'm highly irritated at this news, BUT that gives my man Daggerstrike and his wife time to get caught up with my rogue before end of the year.

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 11:31:45 AM »

WOOOOO DOUBLE POST!!!!!!

/MULTICOLORED BAR POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So anyway....I've drank like a pot and a half of tea....so bear with me.

I've been reading the forums and I have to say....I am fucking PISSED at Blizzard for one reason. They dont fucking mod and remove retards from their boards! So many fucking threads of people bitching and moaning about "OMG NOW I HAVE NOTHING TO DO FOR THREE WHOLE MONTHS"

Hey, Shitface, what have you been doing for the past three months? Fuck you. Fuck you right in the face. Fuck yourself and fuck your sister, asswipes.

Fuck.

Oh and to the dude with the thread saying "OMG BLIZZ SHOULD ALLOW TWO CHARACTERS ON THE SAME ACCOUNT ON AT THE SAME TIME SO MY FRIEND AND I CAN PLAY TOGETHER." Stop being a cheap bastard.

/Goes to read GameFAQs boards to gain +11 Int.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 11:43:54 AM »

Quote from: "Dade"
WOOOOO DOUBLE POST!!!!!!

/MULTICOLORED BAR POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So anyway....I've drank like a pot and a half of tea....so bear with me.

I've been reading the forums and I have to say....I am fucking PISSED at Blizzard for one reason. They dont fucking mod and remove retards from their boards!

/Goes to read GameFAQs boards to gain +11 Int.

I honestly believe that the WoW forums have taken over gamefaq's spot for forum stupidity.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 11:46:32 AM »

Good.  There's absolutely no way I would have gotten to 60 by November anyway.  This should give me a chance to do things like MC before everybody bails on them for all time. :P

Gearhead

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 01:06:18 PM »

The WoW forums do, indeed, blow.  If I were a sociology major, I could probably use that place as a foundation for a doctoral thesis on the implosion of subtle social controls.

Anyway.

Better late than busted.  Considering the sheer number of people jumping up and down on these servers, Blizzard would logically HAVE to make sure they had everything ready to rock and roll, right out of the box.  If things are busted then you can bet your butt people will bitch and moan even louder than if they'd released it ni late November like people were speculating.

Of course, nobody on those forums sees it that way.  It's only 5% of the player base that actually, actively posts anyway.

- Kickin it old school? ... Or something...
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 04:39:44 PM »

Quote from: "Akanbe-"
Of course it's retarded, you linked the WoW europe forums.  They're the ones that go "ZOMG WE BEAT THOSE US NUBS ON A WORLD FIRST KILL".  Don't know why they always focus on that.  US gamers don't seem to care... or at least didn't before all that shit started.  Though I'm not saying the US forums aren't equally retarded, they are and probably even more so.  It's half the reason I decided to stop playing until BC.

Actually, that thread is from the US forums, where I proceeded to get called a retard for pointing out the fact the new races are expansion content for a reason.  :p

Quote from: "Dade"
I've been reading the forums and I have to say....I am fucking PISSED at Blizzard for one reason. They dont fucking mod and remove retards from their boards! So many fucking threads of people bitching and moaning about "OMG NOW I HAVE NOTHING TO DO FOR THREE WHOLE MONTHS"

Agreed 100%.  There was a person who did nothing but constantly troll the paladin class forum for a year and a half before having posting privileges revoked.  Their moderating standards are so bad.  

At least I can ignore people on the new forum software.  If Blizzard refuses to take out the trash, I don't have to read it. :p

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 07:12:37 PM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"
Good.  There's absolutely no way I would have gotten to 60 by November anyway.  This should give me a chance to do things like MC before everybody bails on them for all time. :P

I never really put that much time into the game (and I'll be spending most of winter break catching up to my friends' characters), but isn't it kinda sad that there will be all of this content that might become un-touched after BC comes out? Maybe sad isn't the exact word to use, but think about it: with all of the new armor in BC that almost completely out-classes the current high level armor, almost nobody will be running the 40-man raids anymore to get the armor.

Or maybe I'm just completely incorrect. I'd actually be very interested to know, if anybody has any insight to what will happen with respects to level 60 instances and raid dungeons.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 01:01:49 AM »

Quote from: "superflat"
I never really put that much time into the game (and I'll be spending most of winter break catching up to my friends' characters), but isn't it kinda sad that there will be all of this content that might become un-touched after BC comes out? Maybe sad isn't the exact word to use, but think about it: with all of the new armor in BC that almost completely out-classes the current high level armor, almost nobody will be running the 40-man raids anymore to get the armor.

It's the nature of the game.  In my guild it's hard to get a group going for anything other than 40 man stuff (at which point everyone goes freaking nuts trying to get in).  Hopefully post-BC that won't be an issue. :p

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: