Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 02:58:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319107 Posts in 13032 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Make 3 completely wild E3 predictions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Make 3 completely wild E3 predictions  (Read 1006 times)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2013, 11:00:26 AM »

2. Everyone is completely disappointed by the PS4 and XBox One conferences. Nintendo actually puts on a pretty good show, but it gets no media coverage for some reason.
Nintendo isn't having an E3 press conference.  They will have a space and show off some stuff, but they're going to stick to their Nintendo Direct events for things like reveals and major details.  There is a rumor that we're getting some kind of Smash thing at E3, though, so... I'm mostly useless.

They're basically phoning it in like Konami's been doing for the last 3 years. The difference between them though is that Nintendo still makes games and thus are worth paying attention to (well this year's been good to Konami but last year's Konami only showed things that got canned, passed down to somebody competent to make, or was soccer and iOS bullshit). Honestly, the Nintendo Direct video thing is probably the better idea, especially given how this year they have shitloads of announcements to potentially make instead the one or three from last year and they don't want a repeat of last year's fiasco where the presenters couldn't get on with it and they ran out of their three conferences to make the one announcement the viewers were actually waiting for (i.e. whether we were going to get FE:Awakening or skipped over again).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Infy
Contributing Editor

morethntoast
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 02:41:23 AM »

Hmm,

1) World of Warcraft: Titan is revealed

2) Rare confirms remake of Jet Force Gemini

3) Beyond Good and Evil 3 announced

4) Square Enix announces another new graphics engine.

5) Shining Force III (all three scenarios) are brought stateside, finally.

6) Level-5 confirms Rogue Galaxy 2

7) Tales of Xillia presentation goes great, announces USA release date for Tales of Xillia 2

Fault lines should be worn with pride.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2013, 04:57:48 AM »

I just imported these all so I kind of hope not >:C

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2013, 08:14:20 AM »

1.  Microsoft says F it, Xbone isn't worth it and just drop development/production but give everyone high definition pictures of dogs as an apology
2.  Square announces FFXV will be exclusive to the droid marketplace
3.  Most talked about game of the show is a crossover game between Call of Duty/Assassin's Creed/Infamous/Halo

(bonus) 4.  Bioware announces Mass Effect 4 where you take the role of a Reaper agent hunting down organic life that rejects the glory of Synthesis. Entire squad consists of captured foes who you show glory of synthesis to.
unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2013, 09:10:46 AM »

Suikoden VI
Breath of Fire VI
Wild Arms VI

God.
I want this so bad :(

My (not particularly wild) predictions:

1) PS4 does not technically require an online connection, but allows publishers to block used games if they so desire, meaning in the practice there is no difference in the Xbone and PS4 on this point.
2) The words "experience" and "content" are mentioned at an average rate of at least once per minute across the conferences.
3) Dragon age 3 is shown at Microsoft's conference. Looks good?
4) Square enix is still a joke. MOBILE and SOCIAL excitement! No new actual games (FFXV/Versus rebranding does not count)
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2013, 07:12:17 AM »

And IV. And Phantasy Star V. Landstalker 2. Trails in the Sky parts 2 and 3. FF VI HD.

... Zombies Ate My Neighbors 2? I'm tired, ran out of ideas.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 07:14:14 AM by zMKnightz » Logged
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 11:00:12 AM »

And 3 more for the road.

1) The Nivida Shield will flop because it wants to turn highly mobile smartphones into massive, bulky, cumbersome handhelds and does nothing else.
2) The Ouya will have a demonstration in a pushcart across the street from the E3 pavilion. The Ouya 2 will also be announced.
3) Kenji Ito will rise from his grave to present D3. It will be set in purgatory.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2013, 11:54:40 PM »

#1 Mirror's Edge 2 (xbone exclusive)
#2 FF versus XIII rebranded FFXV (or just versus, no more XIII at the very least)
#3 PS4 showing their gameplay video capture tool

Hey, I got 1 right, 1 half right and 1 wrong.
Not bad... not bad at all.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: