Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 08:07:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334757 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Magical Starsign
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Magical Starsign  (Read 1786 times)
pchimmy

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 24, 2006, 11:28:24 AM »

Has anyone picked this game up?  Can anyone offer any impressions?  I'm trying to decide whether to pick this game up or Contact.

Thanks.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 02:57:03 PM »

It comes out tomorrow, or more accurately, the day after, on the 26th. I would say, get both, if you want interesting RPGs. Recently, we have been getting the first taste of actual RPGs on the DS. Contact is different - I'll say that; it's not a conventional type RPG. No knights, wizards, or even a complex battle system, but it offers unique elements to the table, not found in many games. So if you're up for that, check it out.
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 02:27:43 AM »

Contact looks like Earthbound so I think it worth trying it.
Morridor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 02:20:03 AM »

I have a question.  I have Magical Starsign; however, there is a feature that I'm really confused about.  On all the Gamestop websites and on all the cover art, the game has the "Wifi" logo on it and is described as it should be able to have a Wifi feature.  When playing the game, I can't find this feature and don't think it exists.  On my game cover, there is no circular "Wifi" logo.  Did they take the feature out or what?  Does anyone actually know?

Danny

Yeah, this signature was way too spammy.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 03:10:35 AM »

Quote from: "Morridor"
I have a question.  I have Magical Starsign; however, there is a feature that I'm really confused about.  On all the Gamestop websites and on all the cover art, the game has the "Wifi" logo on it and is described as it should be able to have a Wifi feature.  When playing the game, I can't find this feature and don't think it exists.  On my game cover, there is on circular "Wifi" logo.  Did they take the feature out or what?  Does anyone actually know?

I doubt Nintendo is so sloppy as to remove it yet leave the icon there. It's probably unlocked later or something, check the manual? :P
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 11:09:06 AM »

Quote from: "Morridor"
I have a question.  I have Magical Starsign; however, there is a feature that I'm really confused about.  On all the Gamestop websites and on all the cover art, the game has the "Wifi" logo on it and is described as it should be able to have a Wifi feature.  When playing the game, I can't find this feature and don't think it exists.  On my game cover, there is no circular "Wifi" logo.  Did they take the feature out or what?  Does anyone actually know?

Danny

I'll let you know when I get to work today.

Edit: Wi-Fi connectivity was RUMORED for Magical Starsign, but never confirmed nor implamented.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 09:52:38 AM »

My copy of the game has the "WiFi" logo. Not only that, there's detailed instructions in the back of the game manual on how you can play various games using WiFi.

As for this game, it's pure bliss for me. The 16 bit-era SNES RPG's are my fave of all time, and this game is like those, only better looking. Sure, it's a bit "cutesy", but it's fun and addicting. Deserves a better rating (IMO) than what most people are giving it. The only fault people can seem to find about it is that it's "too old-school". BUt that's what I love about it. The whole planet alignment system and the ability to tap on your character at the right time to inflict more damage or take less damage from an enemy rules.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: