Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 03:44:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331378 Posts in 13572 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Animal Crossing New Leaf Tomorrow... Anyone?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Animal Crossing New Leaf Tomorrow... Anyone?  (Read 9679 times)
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: June 08, 2013, 05:32:14 PM »

I don't really know which forum board this belonged on so I posted it here...

Will anyone be investing in animal crossing new leaf? I am on the fence about it personally. I have no experience with any of the other animal crossing games and the fact that the title lacks a plot or goal (aside from building up your town) doesn't seem terribly enthralling to me.

On the other hand, if a few other members of the RPGFan community were playing too I can see this being fairly occupying.

So what is the story guys? Anyone going to be playing this or have opinions in favor of or against that they care to share?

Also, for the record, I LOVE to see Dice's town-LoL

EDIT: By the way (to the powers that be here on the boards)... If I have erroneously started this thread in the wrong section please move it. I wasn't really sure what "type" of game this actually qualified as (in spite of the fact that you do assume the "role" of mayor) so I figured miscellaneous was the safest bet.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 05:34:41 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 05:39:58 PM »

Well, if it was an RPG it'd be for the same reasons a game like Harvest Moon is, but while that's been marketed as such I've never seen Animal Crossing get the same treatment, so it's staying here unless someone disagrees.

Anyways, considering it. I only rented the GC game and meant to get the other installments at some point, but this sounds like the best in quite awhile and buying digitally would work really nicely for a game like this.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 05:54:57 PM »

My wife and I both pre-ordered a copy of this (although I realize now that we could have downloaded it).  We always enjoy the series, and it looks like this one's really making some good advances in places that were a little annoying before. Excited to be picking it up tomorrow.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 06:04:51 PM »

It's old now, but I can't not think of this whenever somebody mentions Animal Crossing anymore.  Just thought I'd leave that there ;)

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 08:33:59 PM »

I don't really know which forum board this belonged on so I posted it here...

Will anyone be investing in animal crossing new leaf? I am on the fence about it personally. I have no experience with any of the other animal crossing games and the fact that the title lacks a plot or goal (aside from building up your town) doesn't seem terribly enthralling to me.

On the other hand, if a few other members of the RPGFan community were playing too I can see this being fairly occupying.

So what is the story guys? Anyone going to be playing this or have opinions in favor of or against that they care to share?

Also, for the record, I LOVE to see Dice's town-LoL

Dice said she doesn't care for the series so probably no go there, but I know a few here are interested.  I somehow managed to pick up my copy today (Saturday) thanks to Best Buy somehow breaking street date which they don't usually do.  The fact that you haven't played other AC games is probably a plus since it would make the whole series fresh for you, but I would check out some gameplay videos on youtube (like http://www.youtube.com/user/WiiFolderJosh ) and see if it's something that would appeal to you.  The appeal isn't for everyone, but it's kind of relaxing fun to run around and do the various things in the game.  The game sold like 3.3million copies in Japan so it must do something well.

We always enjoy the series, and it looks like this one's really making some good advances in places that were a little annoying before.

Indeed it does!  They added a TON of furniture options too.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 11:19:51 AM »

I kind of wish now that we hadn't pre-ordered physical copies.  As others have pointed out to me, this is a great game to just keep in your 3DS all the time, so a digital copy would have been perfect.  Oh, well.

Folks elsewhere linked me to a couple of interesting things today:

A site that plays music from the original AC based on the current time of day.

A gallery of QR codes for New Leaf clothes, art, and ground things like paths.  Includes outfits from games and anime and more... including a Nazi uniform.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 02:01:15 PM »

I thought about getting a digital copy, but I wanted to own a physical copy since Animal Crossing is one of my favorite games. Not like I'll be taking it out of my 3DS very often once I get it, so I'm cool with it.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 02:48:23 PM »

well that is enough interest to get me on board! i gotta take a hop skip over to the general discussion "friend code/gamer tag" thread later when I have a moment or two and add all you fine folk as friends.... been meaning to do that for like... years now...

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 07:37:38 PM »

I got the game as well. The last one I played was the DS installment and even than, my experience felt pretty limited because I did not have Wi-Fi back than. So far so good, though there is not much to do on the first day. The game is bound to open up soonish.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 10:24:27 PM »

A gallery of QR codes for New Leaf clothes, art, and ground things like paths.  I

Those are pretty awesome.  I downloaded the zip, but gonna try to refrain from using them for awhile and build on my own but it will probably be difficult.

though there is not much to do on the first day. The game is bound to open up soonish.

I figured they would have made the first day better by now.  I guess it's better than the Gamecube version was, but not by a ton.  It gets much better by the 2nd day and increasingly open after that.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 11:59:32 PM »

If I had a 3Ds and some crazy friends into this I'd play it.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 12:07:46 AM »

Played it for an hour and a half today, had a lot of fun. Was pleasantly surprised after reading some of the slightly less positive reviews. Guess it helps that I haven't played any Animal Crossing since the original.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 04:54:28 PM »

Wow does this game EAT TIME!!! I fired it up the ol' 3ds today and planned on trying out AC quick. "quick" ended up being a little over 2 hours-LoL

Thanks for the advice guys. I think I will enjoy this!

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2013, 05:07:56 PM »

Received it in the mail today. So excited! This was one of the main reasons I bought my 3DS and I'm so happy I finally have it in my hands. I played for an hour setting everything up, collecting fruit and talking to my villagers. If anyone is interested in trading friend codes let me know.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 01:34:00 AM »

I plan on picking it up soon, Ive always had a soft spot for this series, especially on the handheld.  I love just sitting down watching reruns while playing the previous ds entry.  Wierd?  Problably, but its a blast :P

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: