Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 03:35:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331350 Posts in 13571 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Animal Crossing New Leaf Tomorrow... Anyone?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Animal Crossing New Leaf Tomorrow... Anyone?  (Read 9664 times)
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 03:20:10 PM »

So here's a fun fact: if you open your gates to friends or best friends and put your 3DS in sleep mode your friends can still visit your town provided you keep your wifi on. Pretty cool!

"Oh, a hunter..."
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2013, 12:58:00 PM »

That is good to know!  My wife plays sometimes while I'm at work, and I'd feel a little conspicuous leaving my 3DS open on my desk if she wants to come to town. :)

Also, patterns for the 10th & 11th Doctors.  Note that the 10th has to be done on a dress because it's long.

http://imgur.com/a/DgNpb

http://imgur.com/a/WeSpm

Neither of the people who posted them had unlocked the QR machine yet.

On 11th, someone asked "What color did you use on the bottom of the sleeves. Was it the white or the very light brown two to the left from the on selected in the picture?"
The poster responeded "It was the lightest pink from the shirt."

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2013, 07:00:04 PM »

this game is losing me I think... I feel like there is a ton to do but I'm underwhelmed in the pay off for my efforts or something. I want to stick with it a bit more as I have yet to experience any multiplayer action of any sort or even figured out how to visit  someone elses town yet but I already want to retire the title.

And this pisses me off cause I actually believe this is a really cool game... I think I just hunger for the epic and engaging nature of typical rpgs and srpgs... this may just be too relaxed for me.

what the hell is my problem...? (aside from ellipses-LoL)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2013, 08:47:05 PM »

This is a game you take a day at a time in very short bursts. Don't over do it or you'll get bored; and yeah, you shouldn't be expecting anything epic. It's a relaxing, fun game. Did you add me as a friend, Kylde? Next time I see you online I'll open up my gates.

Oh, and something I noticed about closing your 3DS while your gates are open; your 3DS doesn't actually go into sleep mode! I noticed when I closed my 3DS while I still had my headphones in and I could still hear the music from the game playing(you can't hear the music otherwise). So, if you are going to leave your gates open, I recommend leaving your 3DS plugged in, because when I did this the first time my 3DS died overnight and I couldn't initially figure out why because it was on a fresh charge.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2013, 08:59:34 PM »

this game is losing me I think... I feel like there is a ton to do but I'm underwhelmed in the pay off for my efforts or something. I want to stick with it a bit more as I have yet to experience any multiplayer action of any sort or even figured out how to visit  someone elses town yet but I already want to retire the title.

And this pisses me off cause I actually believe this is a really cool game... I think I just hunger for the epic and engaging nature of typical rpgs and srpgs... this may just be too relaxed for me.

what the hell is my problem...? (aside from ellipses-LoL)

Possibly the same problem I had with the first Animal Crossing on Gamecube:  expecting too much of the gameplay. Thinking it would be this engrossing game where you can play for long periods of time running around doing this and that and it's just not that type of game.  At least that was my feeling with the original gamecube game and it left me feeling disappointed which makes me think maybe you were in the same boat as I was since it was your first AC game as it was mine back then.  It's pretty much a life simulator where you pretty much make your own goal and get what you want out of it and because of that, it's not what I would call epic nor necessarily engaging.  

It's a slower game built for the long haul where you can play as little or as much as you want over a few months time period.  

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 09:33:05 PM »

I never got into these games because I figured that eventually even playing it in short bursts I'd get tired of it and abandon my town, come back a year later with it looking awful and making me feel guilty like Dissidia makes me feel after going back to it from a lengthy break.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 09:38:38 PM »

I never got into these games because I figured that eventually even playing it in short bursts I'd get tired of it and abandon my town, come back a year later with it looking awful and making me feel guilty like Dissidia makes me feel after going back to it from a lengthy break.

Well, at least in this game you can enact a Town Beautification ordinance that would keep your town looking nice even after long periods of time.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2013, 07:34:24 PM »

OK, weird coincidence I had to pass on.  I named my town Ledworth (because Upper Leadworth wouldn't fit), and who lived in my town right away?  Rory.  Who moved in soon thereafter?  Amelia. Weird.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2013, 04:29:57 PM »

Guys I must extend a sincere apology here in this thread to anyone who went through the trouble of adding me as a 3ds friend....

Upon realizing that no matter how cool the title I just cannot get into a handheld game I sold my 3ds XL to (partially fund) a PS4 and pay of my tales of Xilia Ce's.

I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience of adding me (if you in fact have). I feel like a failure of a gamer in some sense.... and at the same time I am very relieved. I didn't realize how much I treated playing that thing as a chore.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2013, 10:36:19 PM »

So anyone who has Animal Crossing: New Leaf and doesn't have my friend code yet, here it is: 3179-6417-5853

If you add me be sure to let me know so I can input your friend code as well and steal stuff from your towwwwI mean, go to your town and admire the scenery.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2013, 01:34:11 AM »

Guys I must extend a sincere apology here in this thread to anyone who went through the trouble of adding me as a 3ds friend....

Upon realizing that no matter how cool the title I just cannot get into a handheld game I sold my 3ds XL to (partially fund) a PS4 and pay of my tales of Xilia Ce's.

I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience of adding me (if you in fact have). I feel like a failure of a gamer in some sense.... and at the same time I am very relieved. I didn't realize how much I treated playing that thing as a chore.

Mm, sorry to hear that. First and foremost you should have fun with it. That's why I only play it for a short amount of time a couple times a day and I try and play with my GF to keep it fun. Sorry to hear you got rid of your 3DS, it's a truly great system and I feel you'll be missing out on a lot of good games.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2013, 12:55:45 PM »

Can you look through the catalog of people on your friend's list if you join their town?  Or do they just have to tell you what they have?

The only matching furniture I can find is robo stuff, and robo looks ugly =\.  Anyone wanna do some trading?  I'd live to get my hands on some Sleek Furniture (though I have a sleek table/coffee table already).  Also I could really use a legitimate piece of artwork if anyone has doubles as my museum has zero if anyone has any for sale/trade.

I have Link's hat too if anyone is interested.  I may have doubles of his boots, not sure.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2013, 12:13:53 AM »

I have some sleek furniture, as well as most of the exotic and modern furniture. I also have two extra painting duplicates.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2013, 01:05:46 AM »

I have some sleek furniture, as well as most of the exotic and modern furniture. I also have two extra painting duplicates.

I'm looking for the rest of the exotic set. I have the bench, chest, bureau, clock and screen. Do you have anything else?

I have the majority, if not all? of the cabin set if anyone is looking for that.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2013, 01:13:28 AM »

For exotic stuff I have the bed, lamp, table, wall shelf, wallpaper, chest, chair, wardrobe, bench. and screen. Still need the bureau, flooring, and end table.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 01:16:24 AM by Ashton » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: