Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 10:43:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335176 Posts in 13724 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Animal Crossing New Leaf Tomorrow... Anyone?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Animal Crossing New Leaf Tomorrow... Anyone?  (Read 10288 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2013, 02:23:48 PM »

I have some sleek furniture, as well as most of the exotic and modern furniture. I also have two extra painting duplicates.

I'd love whatever sleek stuff you are willing to sell/trade.  I have the sleek coffee table (or just table) but whatever else i'd be down for.  My nook shop seems to sell way more accessories and random stuff than furniture pieces sadly.  How did you get so much modern?  Streetpass?

Sleek recolored to red: http://images.wikia.com/animalcrossing/images/d/d3/SleekSeries.png - very cool.

As for the paintings, they are legit paintings that I can turn into Blathers, correct?  I'd like to
Code:
get the extra floor/gift shop on my museum but I need at least 1 piece of artwork before it will start

For exotic stuff I have the bed, lamp, table, wall shelf, wallpaper, chest, chair, wardrobe, bench. and screen. Still need the bureau, flooring, and end table.

I sold my bureau but I can order it in the catalog if you need it.

I play this game pretty much every day and I still don't have all the stuff you guys do =\. 

Btw: 4484-7931-7942

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2013, 02:37:31 PM »

Yeah, the paintings are things you either get as random gifts or purchases from townspeople or buy from Redd when he comes to town.  Sadly, every painting (and statue) has a pretty good chance of being fake. No way to know unless you actually buy it and take it to Blathers.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2013, 02:50:22 PM »

I heard only 1 out 4 things from Redd are real, which I didn't know.  I bought two things from him in the past that have been fakes and have just stopped buying from him.  I might just look up online next time, but Redd comes at random so who knows when he will show up again.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2013, 03:18:30 PM »

I heard only 1 out 4 things from Redd are real, which I didn't know.  I bought two things from him in the past that have been fakes and have just stopped buying from him.  I might just look up online next time, but Redd comes at random so who knows when he will show up again.

You're right, 1 will always be legit, but there are specific paintings that are always authentic no matter what. There is a way to tell. There will always be something off about the painting which makes it fake. You have to zoom in to look at it. You can actually look up the real paintings to tell what's off, but there's this that already tells you how to tell the real from the fake. http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/paintings-works-of-art/

Ashton, I have the bureau, end table and flooring. We should trade! I need the bed, lamp, chair and wardrobe.

Oh, and Akanbe- one way I got a lot of furniture is by street passing with people. When you street pass with someone you're allowed to order any furniture (except things like paintings and other rare items) that they may have.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 03:28:53 PM by Fadedsun » Logged

"Oh, a hunter..."
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2013, 03:57:26 PM »

Wow - that's awesome about the art.  I had no idea you could actually tell!  I'm so looking at that next time Redd's in town.

—Kurt Vonnegut
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2013, 08:25:58 PM »

I'm almost positive the paintings are genuine. I added you.

Fadedsun, we totally should! Give me your friend code!

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2013, 08:36:43 PM »

I'm almost positive the paintings are genuine. I added you.

Fadedsun, we totally should! Give me your friend code!

It's 0989-1733-3690. I'll order the furniture tomorrow since my shop is closed now, but let me know the next time you're free and we can set up a time to come to whoever's town.

And since I listed my friend code here, anybody else feel free to add me! Just let me know so I can add you as well.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2013, 11:07:15 PM »

Added both of you.

I got a random streetpass today from spotpass.  It was random and no clue who it was supposed to be, but I did score some sleek chairs and sleek closet! A million pieces to go ;_;

Finally got a legit painting from Redd.  Thanks to the site Faded linked, one of the paintings today doesn't even have the fake so it was easy to tell (was easy regardless really).  Been lucky with Redd showing up regularly in the past, hopefully he continues to show.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:32:16 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2013, 04:15:11 AM »

Redd shows up once a week, I believe.

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2013, 07:00:53 PM »

That's what I thought too, but apparently he has a chance of not showing up at all that week.  No clue what the percent is though.  Sucks because I'm so behind in that category for my museum.

Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2013, 07:41:37 PM »

I've been using the guide on Thonky to find the reals from the fakes. My real challenge with the game is some of the deep seas diving stuff. I can't seem to catch half the stuff. XD

This may very well be my favorite entry in the series, especially after how disappointing City Folk was. The amount of customization with the house and the town is great, and the way Main Street grows feels like actual progress is being made. Also, the new type of male villager? The sort of mellowed out, philosophical one? Hilarious. The one I have is a squirrel named Marshal and he constantly sends these letters with random musings. I think a lot of the dialogue in this game is more humorous than it's been in previous entries. I've even spotted some internet memes in there, like a "Seems Legit" choice when a villager is trying to sell you things. And when I visited a villager's house, they commented that they don't use their TV much because when they get into a show, it gets cancelled. I love that.
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2013, 07:04:04 PM »

Just one of my hauls last night.  Made so much bells:

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2013, 08:14:05 PM »

Dang - island bugs & sharks?

—Kurt Vonnegut
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2013, 08:50:57 PM »

I would say most likely, or perfect fruits. My girlfriend regularly makes over 1 million bells selling her perfect fruits in my town, because you get more money for selling a perfect fruit in someone else town if their starting fruit isn't the same as yours.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2013, 05:04:31 PM »

Horned Atlas and Horned Elephant were both the two Re-Tail specials that day.  I sold all the Atlases at once to see how big of a cash sum I could get at once.  I farmed the crap out of those two with some sharks here and there.  Default island layout, got about 1.1 million bells in 90 minutes.  Enough farming for me for awhile.  Really, just playing everyday and hitting the bellrocks and selling whatever fossils I can find since my fossil collection in the museum is almost full nets you anywhere around 30-40k without too much effort.  I try to just do that when I can.

I would say most likely, or perfect fruits. My girlfriend regularly makes over 1 million bells selling her perfect fruits in my town, because you get more money for selling a perfect fruit in someone else town if their starting fruit isn't the same as yours.

I have been neglecting my fruit I think... I went around and shook down all my foreign fruit and sold it so hopefully some perfect ones will grow.  I pretty much never have touched them before today, but I think I'll try to make more of an effort to do them.  I have 10ish apple trees and 1 pineapple tree so that should be enough if I keep at it to eventually find some perfects.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: