Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2015, 12:15:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
362736 Posts in 14724 Topics by 2285 Members
Latest Member: Moseng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  CrossCode - A 2D action-RPG (Indie & Crowdfunding)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CrossCode - A 2D action-RPG (Indie & Crowdfunding)  (Read 1013 times)
GFluegel
Dev @ RadicalFishGames

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: April 11, 2015, 09:15:33 PM »

Dear RPGFan community,
I am part of RadicalFishGames. We are a group of game developers and are currently working on our first larger project: The 2D action-RPG CrossCode. An extensive demo is already available and can either be downloaded (currently only for Windows) or played directly in your web browser. So best try it out yourself!

To finish development in a clear timeframe (until first quarter of 2016) we are currently holding a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo and already managed to collect over 45k€ of our 80k€ goal. If you like the game please consider supporting us, either financially or by word of mouth!

On our development-blog you can read about all the recent news to the project.
Latest News: The Character Classes of CrossWorlds, IndiesCrashE3 Indieclicker and AMA on reddit

Each Sunday we are holding development-livestreams in which you can watch us do work and also ask us questions!
Next DevStream: April 12 2015 12 pm PST (20 GMT + 1) - Click to get to the channel

Play the CrossCode Demo now
(Playable in browser or offline for Windows)

CrossCode is a 2D Action RPG set in the distant future. You follow a player called Lea as she logs into CrossWorlds - a fictional MMO of the far future. Two things are strange about Lea: First, she can't speak (literally mute - not just a silent heroine). And second, she doesn't remember a thing about her past. Despite all of this, Lea starts exploring CrossWorlds, meets other players and overcomes a multitude of challenges all along the official track of the game. That is, until the past catches up with her.
CrossCode combines features of the Action-Adventure and RPG genre, delivering both, a great variety of puzzles and an engaging, fast-paced combat system with plenty of options for character growth.

Here's a list of features:
  • 16-bit, SNES-style 2D graphics with detailed animations
  • A soundtrack inspired by old SNES and Playstation classics
  • A unique ball throwing mechanic with charging functionality and ricocheting balls, used for combat and puzzles
  • Fast-paced combat system featuring close and ranged attacks, guarding, dashing and great variety of special attacks
  • A complete RPG system with leveling, equipment, consumable items and skill trees
  • A detailed movement system with auto-jumping and precise collision

Videos:

Pictures:

We’re currently having a fundraiser on IndieGogo! Check it out:

Blatant advertisement... done!
Of course you are welcome to ask questions and give us feedback directly in this very thread. We’ll keep an eye on this and will try to answer everything, especially since I expect some interesting feedback from a website with such a longstanding reputation (though I myself was always more of a review- than forum-reader).
Alternatively you can also visit our DevBlog and our Forum for questions and discussions about the game!

Tooker
Administrator

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 10:58:52 PM »

Good luck with the campaign!  Do you listen to our Rhythm Encounter podcast?  Because I believe CrossCode got mentioned in a recent episode. :)

http://www.rpgfan.com/rhythm_encounter/rhythm-encounter-moty2014_2.mp3

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

I approve of this nonsense!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 06:55:21 AM »

That's it!  I remember playing the browser demo for this game and enjoying it months ago.  Then I couldn't remember what it was and kept racking my brain trying to figure out what that game was called.  I almost gave up on figuring it out, and here it is. 

I have nothing funny to say.
GFluegel
Dev @ RadicalFishGames

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 11:50:21 AM »

@Tooker:
Sadly, no we don't. We are trying to keep track of CrossCode related news on the internet, but mentions in podcasts are hard to find in Google-search unless it's mentioned in text-form at some point. And I personally have only ever read reviews on this site and never paid much attention to the podcasts. D:
But I am listening to it now and I'm liking it. You might have another fan now! I could use some more podcasts to listen to while reading or working on something, especially when it contains such nice music. OwO

Edit: Also Xenoblade shout-outs and great talk about RPGs in general. Okay, you got me! #riki4presipon

@Dincrest:
Ha, that's great to hear. You should try out the current release, it got a lot of improvements over the first real demo that we released months ago. Including a pretty amazing new boss for the Puzzle-mode!
We did try to make the name as tight and memorable as possible, but I guess there are just a ton of games around. Next time you can't remember it, just keep in mind that there's a british initiative for road safety with a similiar same and think of men in silly clothes.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 12:07:09 PM by GFluegel » Logged

Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

...AND STEVEN.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 12:53:40 PM »

Dear GFluegel, if you're in need of any more artists, I can draw (in true RPG-style response) anything I set my mind to. T__T

But seriously, I came in expecting (sorry to say) another 'drab and whatever' RPG-maker looking title...but holy smokes, I was completely and happily mistaken.  Gorgeous 2D, fast-looking combat, and unique characters to boot.  Keep up the good work, this is def on the radar.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Wild Armor
Observer
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 12:59:14 PM »

Yep, this was the indie game I mentioned on MOTY during my block! I already threw money at this when the indiego launched. You should totally have Intero join the forums so we can talk about music. ;)

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
GFluegel
Dev @ RadicalFishGames

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 02:24:55 PM »

Dear GFluegel, if you're in need of any more artists, I can draw (in true RPG-style response) anything I set my mind to. T__T

But seriously, I came in expecting (sorry to say) another 'drab and whatever' RPG-maker looking title...but holy smokes, I was completely and happily mistaken.  Gorgeous 2D, fast-looking combat, and unique characters to boot.  Keep up the good work, this is def on the radar.
We actually might need new artists as time goes on. We are pretty short on those atm, though our Frece is a true working beast and crazy fast.

Great you like it! We sadly do kind of got an image problem with our graphics, because many people think of the RPG Maker when they first see it, without even trying the demo. Most of us did originally work with the RPG Maker before joining together to start CrossCode (you might've heard of Lachsen's old project "Velsarbor"), so that's one of the reasons why we are using that graphic-style.

Yep, this was the indie game I mentioned on MOTY during my block! I already threw money at this when the indiego launched. You should totally have Intero join the forums so we can talk about music. ;)
Awesome, we are all about to listen to it. Well, later at least, because we gotta do our weekly livestream now. Also, we already told Intero to get his ass over here. xP

Speaking of the livestream:
Our weekly developer livestream is about to start! Join us, watch Felix work on a new tileset and ask questions!

neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 12:34:07 AM »

I second this sentiment, love the way this game is developing! I'm an artist without a cause (yet) and would be willing to lend my services if you find the need for an extra hand.
GFluegel
Dev @ RadicalFishGames

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2015, 12:41:28 PM »

I second this sentiment, love the way this game is developing! I'm an artist without a cause (yet) and would be willing to lend my services if you find the need for an extra hand.
That's great to hear, we'll keep that in mind. At the moment we first need to see how our financial situtation develops and thus can't really make any promises or plans to extend our team. We will get back to that though!

I also got an announcement this time or rather a reminder:
In a about 90minutes from now, at 8PM CEST (11AM PDT) we will have our weekly developer livestream on Twitch! Our main developer Lachsen will implement (or at least prepare) animated tiles and I will join him via Skype.
We will also answer questions, so join us if you are interested!

GFluegel
Dev @ RadicalFishGames

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 11:20:29 PM »

I hope you'll forgive my doublepost for this special occasion.

Our Indiegogo campaign is nearing it's last day and has reached over 95%, so it's actually looking not too bad right now!
But to give the last day a bit more spice we decided to start a special event for all of you:

Introducing: THE LAST MINUTE HEROES

They are an old guild in CrossWorlds that is big and notorious for arriving just in the nick of time - to save the day!
And you can become a member of this guild and get your name in the game by donating exactly 13€ to our Indiegogo campaign! What's more, you can also win one of several special roles in the game in a raffle that we'll hold at some point after the campaign (next weekend most likely). You can also have said special roles in addition to the advanced perks that you already have!

Best look at the latest campaign update or the blogpost for more details!

And that's it for now. I hope you're into that sort of event and can give us a bit more support for that last stretch.

Tooker
Administrator

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 12:22:03 AM »

But if you give 13, then you don't get a copy of the game... I'd rather pitch in the extra 2 and get the game. :(

And, in fact, I did just that.  Good luck making it across the finish line!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 12:24:08 AM by Tooker » Logged

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
GFluegel
Dev @ RadicalFishGames

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 03:10:44 PM »

Okay, we did reach our basic goal and are now even strongly heading towards the first stretch goal "New Game+".
The support we received in the last days was just insane and still is, even for typical crowdfunding finals. We are very thankful for it!

But if you give 13, then you don't get a copy of the game... I'd rather pitch in the extra 2 and get the game. :(

And, in fact, I did just that.  Good luck making it across the finish line!
Yeah, that event was more directed at those who've already backed the project and are still interested in supporting it (without spending large sums of money for higher Perks). Those who haven't gotten the game itself yet, should rather buy that, true. It worked overall though!
And thanks for backing us!

Also, we are having our weekly developer livestream right now. We are mostly celebrating reaching the goal and talk while Felix is doing some relaxed animations of silly things.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: