Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 30, 2015, 10:48:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
356169 Posts in 14463 Topics by 2262 Members
Latest Member: Yoru
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Final General Fantasy Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: The Final General Fantasy Discussion Thread  (Read 1258 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2015, 06:44:44 PM »

On this particular run through I actually considered him to 'have' taken that level of the fact that he made Kefka forcibly sit in jail. Probably without explaining 'why' because you know Kefka wouldn't have kept it quiet while stewing in his cell.

To go back to my earlier comparison just apply a Joker analogue to it. If someone from the Batman world, walked up to the Joker, and simply told him without any reasoning "Hey! You! In jail, now!" and the Joker actually did just that... I'd give them a +level.

Wasn't that part of a further plan somehow when he did that? I don't remember the scene. You might actually be right.
The problem is, I already knew Kefka was the main bad guy before I played the game so I could've just been operating a bit of a confirmation bias on it.

Going to jail was further part of the Emperor's plan, but they never explain outright if Kefka was informed or not. I always assumed not just from the particular temper tantrum he has in his cell if you sacrifice a perfect banquet run to go spy on him. Doubly so considering he's doing this without even knowing he's being watched.

One of the very few improvement of the PSX version is the built in run feature that makes the Running Shoes more or less redundant. The largest benefit from that was the fact that it made the timed sequences (the Opera House, the Banquet, the Floating Continent Escape and the Collapsing House in Tzen) easier since you could increase or decease your speed at will (or you could equip the Running Shoes anyways and go at Warp Speed). Viewing Kefka's prison rant has never been easier than with the new and improved Running Shoes! Buy a pair at your local Relic Shop today!

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2015, 09:13:01 PM »

On this particular run through I actually considered him to 'have' taken that level of the fact that he made Kefka forcibly sit in jail. Probably without explaining 'why' because you know Kefka wouldn't have kept it quiet while stewing in his cell.

To go back to my earlier comparison just apply a Joker analogue to it. If someone from the Batman world, walked up to the Joker, and simply told him without any reasoning "Hey! You! In jail, now!" and the Joker actually did just that... I'd give them a +level.

Wasn't that part of a further plan somehow when he did that? I don't remember the scene. You might actually be right.
The problem is, I already knew Kefka was the main bad guy before I played the game so I could've just been operating a bit of a confirmation bias on it.

Going to jail was further part of the Emperor's plan, but they never explain outright if Kefka was informed or not. I always assumed not just from the particular temper tantrum he has in his cell if you sacrifice a perfect banquet run to go spy on him. Doubly so considering he's doing this without even knowing he's being watched.

One of the very few improvement of the PSX version is the built in run feature that makes the Running Shoes more or less redundant. The largest benefit from that was the fact that it made the timed sequences (the Opera House, the Banquet, the Floating Continent Escape and the Collapsing House in Tzen) easier since you could increase or decease your speed at will (or you could equip the Running Shoes anyways and go at Warp Speed). Viewing Kefka's prison rant has never been easier than with the new and improved Running Shoes! Buy a pair at your local Relic Shop today!

More games need a "super run" option. 

...I'd also give up a breast to be have that RPG agility that makes them run forever.... except FF15 where Noctis gets tired every so couple hundred meters....aaaaaarrgh

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2015, 09:40:41 PM »

More games need a "super run" option. 

...I'd also give up a breast to be have that RPG agility that makes them run forever.... except FF15 where Noctis gets tired every so couple hundred meters....aaaaaarrgh

Heck, even that isn't so bad considering that a person can run flat out for about a minute and a half, need 20~30 seconds of cooldown power swaggering, then start right back up again with no muss or fuss in regards to the long term effects of going flat out for so long (like sore muscles, blisters on the feet/toes, muscle cramps, athlete's foot, pebbles, sand and/or rocks in shoes, wet socks/shoes, twisted ankles and so much more).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: