Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 01, 2015, 09:11:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
349827 Posts in 14271 Topics by 2246 Members
Latest Member: ksunstar
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, Rated M
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, Rated M  (Read 7951 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2015, 09:04:51 AM »

Confession: I haven't touched this game all week. I'm still just after the first RTS mission. Not that I'm not enjoying the game, I just still find the whole experience a bit intimidating so I'm working on some of my simpler games first.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2015, 09:18:42 PM »

Whee, I have over 500k SPP. I think I am going to grind out 1 million just for the heck of it. Also it is a good way to work towards getting 500 hours. But first, Killsight grinding with everyone!

Side note, the SP Crystal is amazing!

Just got to chapter 6, I didn't realize at the end of chapter 5
Code:
that dying was basically the requirement for continuing. I rage quit to the menu twice because the dragon was killing my characters in one hit and I thought the difficulty spike was absolutely ridiculous, but then some lady that I can't remember her name comes and summons Bahamut Zero after you lay there dead for so long. Only reason I laid there for awhile was because I was in disbelief at how a boss was this powerful and that they expected me to kill it (without abusing special training and getting to 99 easy, which I have not done. I'm in the 30's right now) Suffice to say I was excited that I got to continue the game haha.
Well that is going to be annoying. Also...
Code:
I am betting the woman's name was Tiz. Because I know Tiz is a woman in the game and she has yet to be introduced yet where I am in the game.

About that...
Code:
It happens again at the end of Chapter 6. Gilgamesh shows up on the big bridge (it's literally called the big bridge lol) with his theme in tow for a huge FFV throwback and destroyed me. He was also killing everyone in one hit, although I did damage him some and he is beatable if you are high enough level. I was only mid 30's and he is level 50. He killed all my characters and the game still continued without showing what happens with him at all, which is weird. Never seen a game let you die on purpose so much.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2015, 07:26:10 AM »

Killsight grinding takes freaking forever. I'm done with 8/14 characters (Ace-Sice, Rem, and Machina). Well I say I am grinding killsights, but in truth I am also grinding phantoma gathered (for unique accessories) and kills (for high tier buyable weapons). I really wish that they had made the phantoma max number 999 instead of 99. I am getting so many tier 3(?) phantoma that are completely worthless since I can't spend them on anything. >.>

Also side note, Machina sucks. I've been using Thunder-RF for killsight grinding and his casting animation takes like a second longer than it needs to so the enemies dodged him more frequently than the others.

About that...
Code:
It happens again at the end of Chapter 6. Gilgamesh shows up on the big bridge (it's literally called the big bridge lol) with his theme in tow for a huge FFV throwback and destroyed me. He was also killing everyone in one hit, although I did damage him some and he is beatable if you are high enough level. I was only mid 30's and he is level 50. He killed all my characters and the game still continued without showing what happens with him at all, which is weird. Never seen a game let you die on purpose so much.
Code:
I shall destroy Gilgamesh! He will have to face the might of a lvl 99 character who is holding the almighty SP crystal. It shall be a one-sided slaughter!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2015, 08:16:56 AM »

In reference to chapter 5 and 6 spoilers...

Code:
I beat both of those fights for giggle purposes. Story doesn't seem to change at all regardless of how you approach them. Gilgamesh walks away when you beat him after muttering something and Celestia...idk. I assume if me beating her dead didn't work, Bahamut zero did instead.

I stopped playing this cuz of Borderlands collection dropping. I wanted to finish it, but I'm ok coming back to it later.

TASTY!
danholo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2015, 02:48:17 AM »

I'm getting more addicted to this game the more I play it. The fact that the story hasn't become very interesting as of yet has made this game easy to go back to for shorter play-sessions. Oberall I'm really enjoying it.

d.h.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2015, 07:01:21 AM »

Finally finished grinding yesterday. x_x Well maybe not finished since I have yet to level grind Eidolans, max out spells, or such, but I don't need to do anymore training. Quickly got through chapters 5 and 6.

Code:
I beat the bosses at the end of both missions....I never got to see Bahamut Zero as a result. Going to have to go through 5 again and intentionally lose to see what happens.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: March 30, 2015, 09:52:07 AM »

Finally finished grinding yesterday. x_x Well maybe not finished since I have yet to level grind Eidolans, max out spells, or such, but I don't need to do anymore training. Quickly got through chapters 5 and 6.

Code:
I beat the bosses at the end of both missions....I never got to see Bahamut Zero as a result. Going to have to go through 5 again and intentionally lose to see what happens.

Definitely do!
Code:
Bahamut Zero absolutely obliterates her with Giga Flare haha.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2015, 07:06:05 AM »

Got the airship last night! Then proceeded to beat the second mission of chapter 7 to get a BOM 2 spell to use in the Tower of Agito.....only to discover that you can't use the airship after beating the second mission of chapter 7. Dammit. >.>

I think I am going to end up doing a speedrun on my second playthrough to clean up a few last ends before doing a best possible outcome run in round 3.

Oh yeah and to get the airship (which stays with you in subsequent playthroughs), you need to do the mission in the second half of chapter 7 which goes to Baz. Then do the mission for the persin there to kill the irons golems or w/e.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2015, 09:40:42 AM »

The amount of content you are barred from in this game without power leveling or doing things on consecutive plays is nuts. And by nuts I mean slightly discouraging. It is like they dangle in front of you the fact you are really only in the preliminaries from chapter 5 on.

Just got to chapter 8 and don't feel like I've seen nor completed a fraction of this game. I don't know whether to consider such a demand on the player to do more playthroughs a design flaw or clever bait.

If nothing else I can safely say the structure of all this coupled with the mechanics has made this one of the most unique final fantasy experiences to date for me.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2015, 12:46:32 PM »

Got the airship last night! Then proceeded to beat the second mission of chapter 7 to get a BOM 2 spell to use in the Tower of Agito.....only to discover that you can't use the airship after beating the second mission of chapter 7. Dammit. >.>

I think I am going to end up doing a speedrun on my second playthrough to clean up a few last ends before doing a best possible outcome run in round 3.

Oh yeah and to get the airship (which stays with you in subsequent playthroughs), you need to do the mission in the second half of chapter 7 which goes to Baz. Then do the mission for the persin there to kill the irons golems or w/e.

I just got the airship last night too. I'm in chapter 8 now. I feel underleveled alot in this game (I'm high 30's and low 40's right now), but that last boss was easy. I'm like 5 trophies away from a platinum, but one of them is getting 6 eidolons which I'll have to do on a second playthrough which sucks.

The amount of content you are barred from in this game without power leveling or doing things on consecutive plays is nuts. And by nuts I mean slightly discouraging. It is like they dangle in front of you the fact you are really only in the preliminaries from chapter 5 on.

Just got to chapter 8 and don't feel like I've seen nor completed a fraction of this game. I don't know whether to consider such a demand on the player to do more playthroughs a design flaw or clever bait.

If nothing else I can safely say the structure of all this coupled with the mechanics has made this one of the most unique final fantasy experiences to date for me.

Totally agree! Unless you cheat the system and get to higher levels using the secret training and moving the dates around you really have to spend way too long leveling up and there's not as much opportunity to do that because half the game is locked out for most of the playthrough and you have limited time. I consider this a design flaw because I've already spent 25 hours and almost finished the story, but barely was able to experience everything else. I don't have enough patience to play through it multiple times with games like Bloodborne waiting in the wings.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: March 31, 2015, 01:24:51 PM »

The beauty of video games is they don't exactly dissappear, just get overshadowed by other things. I stopped playing this to rock borderlands 2 and pre sequel myself, but I can't wait to get back to it eventually.

TASTY!
Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2015, 08:30:43 PM »

I think you took the words right out of my mouth.
I'm definitely going to say this is more of a flawed game (and highly presumptuous that a player would wanna play a game more than once), but it's an "excellent experiment" (so bring on Type-1!!).

I kinda wish training could be customized, just to see if I like the character than have them firing at me so I can 'get a feel' for them.  There's definitely that small handfull I'd never want to play as, but asking to level them ALL is just awful.  I think this game could have benefit from just a joint level up system or some other thing. 

I also wish magic was more like in Kingdom Hearts, where you use it right away and are faced with a cooldown period.  Waiting for certain spells kinda offsets their usefulness in dire situations.

Anyways I complain but I'm enjoying it more and more the more I put in.  I don't know why, I guess it's the set up the sorta works.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 08:48:34 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Today at 07:08:12 AM »

So I have decided I am going to do 4 rounds of the game. One on each difficulty level! Runs 2 and 3 will mostly be for house keeping (like getting two Proof of Agitos).

Also as a side note, F chapter 8. That is all. >>
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: