Author Topic: Dragon Age 3

Rockko

• View Profile
Re: Dragon Age 3
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2014, 06:59:52 PM »
Has anyone heard if there will be any major gameplay omissions in the PS3 version? I was planning to play it on that system and was wondering if I should wait until I upgrade my PC...

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2014, 07:45:03 AM »
Content should be the same, just difference in graphics.

Rockko

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2014, 05:32:22 PM »
Okay cool, I can deal with that.

Monsoon

• Electric Mayhem
  • RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • Can't Stop the Monsoon
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2014, 05:38:36 PM »
Man, I hope so.  The way I see it, I'll be playing Inquisition on the PS3, and any future Dragon Age games (in, say, 2016 or beyond) I'll play on PS4.  Hell, if they eventually make a PS4-only Ultimate Edition then I'd probably buy that.  When I have a PS4.  2+ years from now. 

And this Keep stuff is intriguing.  If I can really customize EVERY possible decision in Dragon Age Origins, Awakening, and DA2, then I'll be happy as a clam.  If they get to the majority of the branches in those three games, then I'll probably be okay.  If it's only 10-12 major plot points over all three of those, or they totally ignore Awakening, or they don't let me visually customize my own Warden and Hawke... then we have a problem. 

Sagacious-T

• Official Pony Thread
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2014, 08:33:38 PM »
Inon Zur was replaced by a new composer for DA3.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2014, 07:10:46 AM »
*sigh* Over the weekend got myself psyched up for DAI for some reason, and then I remembered there are still three months left. :(

Man, I hope so.  The way I see it, I'll be playing Inquisition on the PS3, and any future Dragon Age games (in, say, 2016 or beyond) I'll play on PS4.  Hell, if they eventually make a PS4-only Ultimate Edition then I'd probably buy that.  When I have a PS4.  2+ years from now. 

And this Keep stuff is intriguing.  If I can really customize EVERY possible decision in Dragon Age Origins, Awakening, and DA2, then I'll be happy as a clam.  If they get to the majority of the branches in those three games, then I'll probably be okay.  If it's only 10-12 major plot points over all three of those, or they totally ignore Awakening, or they don't let me visually customize my own Warden and Hawke... then we have a problem. 
You will not be able to customize EVERY decision. You'll only be able to customize decisions that are imported into DAI. However since you will be going into parts of Fereldan and having a companion from DA2, there should be a good number of decisions that get imported. As for Awakening, I believe they have mentioned that you'll finally be able to properly import a customized Ultimate Sacrifice with an Orlesian Warden Commander for Awakening, so it is not being completely ignored. As for visually customizing your previous characters....I highly doubt that will be included, but that wouldn't included in importing from DA2->DAI anyways since at least for the Warden there was no visual data transferred to DA2.

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2014, 01:21:05 PM »
This import shit is freaking confusing. I have played the first one and Awakening on PS3 and I'm about to start #2 on PS3, but I planned on buying DAI on PS4 since I have one. Should I not do that?

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2014, 06:39:15 AM »
This import shit is freaking confusing. I have played the first one and Awakening on PS3 and I'm about to start #2 on PS3, but I planned on buying DAI on PS4 since I have one. Should I not do that?
Not sure how it is confusing. Dragon Age Keep means you can now import the world state you want onto any system that DAI is on as long as you can get an internet connection to the system long enough to download the world state. So absolutely no problem with switching systems.

Note: You will have to build your world state on the Keep site, but you would have to do that even if staying on the PS3 as DAI will not support save imports (my guess is that there are variables they want from DAO that were lost in DA2....plus buggy DA2 imports at launch).

Monsoon

• Electric Mayhem
  • RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • Can't Stop the Monsoon
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2014, 07:16:05 AM »
*sigh* Over the weekend got myself psyched up for DAI for some reason, and then I remembered there are still three months left. :(

You will not be able to customize EVERY decision. You'll only be able to customize decisions that are imported into DAI. However since you will be going into parts of Fereldan and having a companion from DA2, there should be a good number of decisions that get imported. As for Awakening, I believe they have mentioned that you'll finally be able to properly import a customized Ultimate Sacrifice with an Orlesian Warden Commander for Awakening, so it is not being completely ignored. As for visually customizing your previous characters....I highly doubt that will be included, but that wouldn't included in importing from DA2->DAI anyways since at least for the Warden there was no visual data transferred to DA2.
Yeah, I was exaggerating my hopes on purpose.  My guess is that'll only be major decisions and consequences, plus a few smaller sidequest ones only existing as nods to fans (like... that dwarf that wanted to study with the Mages showing up, for instance).  I do hope that they import customized player-character appearances though, on the off-chance that a (surviving) Warden or Hawke shows up in Inquisition or a future game. 

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2014, 12:20:36 PM »
Not sure how it is confusing. Dragon Age Keep means you can now import the world state you want onto any system that DAI is on as long as you can get an internet connection to the system long enough to download the world state. So absolutely no problem with switching systems.

Note: You will have to build your world state on the Keep site, but you would have to do that even if staying on the PS3 as DAI will not support save imports (my guess is that there are variables they want from DAO that were lost in DA2....plus buggy DA2 imports at launch).

Oh gotcha. Is the site open and ready for use now or are they waiting?

Monsoon

• Electric Mayhem
  • RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • Can't Stop the Monsoon
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2014, 12:57:20 PM »
It's not active yet. If you go to the site, you can apply for the Keep beta.

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2014, 01:45:49 PM »
It's not active yet. If you go to the site, you can apply for the Keep beta.

Sweet. Just signed up. Thanks!

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2014, 07:56:35 PM »
so let me get this clear:we cant import our save but we can customize our history? so theres no reason for me finish playing dragon age 2? stopped playing after my lady hawke banged issabella lol

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2014, 06:23:19 AM »
so let me get this clear:we cant import our save but we can customize our history? so theres no reason for me finish playing dragon age 2? stopped playing after my lady hawke banged issabella lol
Well finishing 2 might give you more context for the later events that occur when building your world state, but if you hate game then no you don't have to finish it if you want to be able to import into DAI.

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2014, 10:23:37 AM »

Only finish it if you want to know the ins and outs of the story and not just the general outline they will give you when building your world. I'm still playing through it just to pick up on more of the lore and surrounding areas because it takes place in Kirkwall rather than Ferelden.