Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 10:01:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330123 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon Age 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Dragon Age 3  (Read 9558 times)
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2014, 05:13:27 PM »

Release date: October 7 for USA for PS 3, Xbox 360, PS 4, Xbone, and PC

"Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition."

As the quote from the trailer hints at, all your companions have colorful backgrounds, some even had prominent leadership positions before joining the Inquisition. We can now ID all our companions and our 3 important advisors.

http://i61.tinypic.com/n5hqh1.png

Using the pic above, going from left to right:

Cullen - He will be our NPC military advisor, in charge of our troop deployments. In origins he is the Templar you find held prisoner at the end of the Circle Tower quest. In DA2 he is the Templar's Knight Captain, second in command in Kirkwall. He is now an Ex-templar, apparently having left the Templar order after the Kirkwall annulment at the of DA2. Prehaps that event did not sit well with him. Its also possible he did not wish to follow the rest of the Templar Order when they left the Chantry in opposition to the new Divine's attempts at peaceful compromise with the rebelling mages. Confirmed romance option.

Vivienne - Yes, she a back women from a position of power. Pro-circle, was set to become first enchanter of one of the two circles in Orlias before the circle was resolved in favor of rebellion against Chantry control. Know as the Iron Lady, a master of Orlesian politics. Served as an advisor to the empress of Orlais.  Joins the Inquisition to help her fellow mages however she can.

Varric - Famous or Infamous (depends on perspective) companion of Hawke (champion of Kirkwall). Traveled with Cassandra after the events of DA2. Joins the Inquisition with Cassandra and will play the same role as in DA2, the BFF of the player character.

Cole - A character from the novel "Dragon Age: Asunder". Possibly a possessed Mage though its unclear what type of spirit would be possessing him, possibly a new unknown type. While a mage, hes completely untrained and uses what magic he has reflexively. He has the ability to manipulated the minds of other people so they cannot see him. Cole can then walk right up to his victims and slit their throats and even others watching won't be able to understand whats happening. To reflect this ability he is apparently a Rogue in DA: I.

Solas -  Elven apostate and expert on the fade. In Elvish "solas" means "pride". Unknown if he is Dalish. Hes expertise on the fade is clearly the reason for his inclusion in the Inquisition though its unclear how or why he joins.

Cassandra Pentaghast - Right hand of the Divine. Finds the player character after they emerge from the fade at the start of the game. Proposes the formation of the Inquisition. The Pentaghst family is the Royal Family of Nevarra, a nation that is a rival of Orlais. The Family is famed as Dragon Hunters, having nearly hunted the creatures to extinction a few centuries ago. If you have watched the animated movie, rise of the seeker, than you know that Cassandra fights with a bit of a chip on her shoulders. In other words, she quick to angry but she is very dedicated to her sense of justice. Confirmed romance option.

The Inquisitor, aka the player character - You will be the leader, not Cassandra, because only you can close the fade tears and apparently you will be given the chance to display your leadership qualities early on and often.

Iron Bull - a one eyed, Tal-Vashoth mercenary. Fearless. Tal-Vashoth means hes a Qunari who is not part of the Qun.

Unknown Name - rumored to be a renegade Tevinter mage who wishes to remove the corruption from his homeland.

Leliana - One of the companions from Origin. Shes our NPC spy master. Her reason for joining is likely the same as Casandra. I will get into that in a bit in the spoiler tag below.

Sera - rumored to be a City Elf thief (not a class name but literally shes a thief/bandit). Unclear why she joins but there is a city elf rebellion going on in Orlais so that might be related in some way.

Unknown name- Likely to be the final NPC advisor, in charge of trade/politics.

Unknown name - rumored to be a Grey Warden.

Additionally, the start of the game has been somewhat spoiled. Beware, some might consider this a significant spoiler:

Code:
The game starts at a peace summit at the Urn of Sacred Ashes between the Chantry and the Rebel Mages. Some cataclysm occurs that incinerates everyone at the summit and opens a huge tear in the vale. Out of that tear the player character emerges which is when Cassandra finds you. Various important world leaders are dead and to deal with the ensuing chaos, Cassandra proposes the formation of the Inquisition.

Its likely that the Divine (head of the Chantry) is dead. In which case both Cassandra (right hand of the Divine, basically her champion) and Leliana have a strong reason to join. If you played the Origin DLC Leliana's Song, the woman (Dorothea) that helps Leliana escape the dungeon and latter gives her shelter in the Lothering Chantry, shortly afterwards becomes the new Divine. Clearly, you can see why Leliana would be very close to this Divine, whom she served as a spy after the events of Origins.

A new official site has been released as well with new info:

http://www.dragonage.com/

You can check out an interactive map to learn some lore.

3 specializations have been confirmed:

Warrior - Champion
Rogue - Artificer - specializes in traps.
Mage - Knight Enchanter - sounds similar Arcane Warrior. A mage that focus on melee combat, wrapped in defensive spells and wields arcane swords (magical lightsabers maybe?!)

Dragons will be unique high level encounters. Each Dragon battle will be different, there are different types such as a fire dragon which obviously breathes fire. You will be able to target different body parts to disable different abilities of the dragon. Such as crippling the wings to prevent flying or breaking a leg to slow movement.

After the main quest is done you will still be able to explore the game. There will be a heavy focus on exploration.

NO MORE WAVE COMBATS such as in DA2!!!! Combats are now a tailor made at set enemy numbers in order to focus on a more tactical nature for combat. This also helps them scale the game down for the older consoles since number of enemies is one of the largest resource hogs for a game of this nature. Both the PC and Console versions shall have a tactical View where you can zoom out for a birds eye view of combat and pausing the game and selecting enemies lets you see their level, class, and health.

You will be able to customizes your armor's colors and change the abilities/equipment for your companions. For example, Cassandra defaults to sword and shield but you'll be able to respec her has a two handed warrior if you want.

4 Races to choose from:

Human - from Ferelden
Elf - Dalish
Dwarf - Surface Dwarf
Qunari - Tal-Vashoth (in other words, not part of the Qun)

The player character will be fully voiced.  One American and one British accent per gender for a total of 4 voice sets to choose from.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 07:30:32 PM by bigdeath » Logged
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2014, 02:41:41 PM »

I wonder if anyone actually read this........
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2014, 06:14:05 PM »

I don't, because I'm getting a PS4 and this game the day it comes out.

Hopefully by then the ps4 has a better HD
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2014, 06:50:08 PM »

Same here, I want to go in 'clean' with this game.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2014, 08:59:40 PM »

I'm just looking forward to playing a proper Warrior Mage again.  As much as I enjoyed DA2, I missed being able to slice and dice things apart in addition to blowing new craters into the ground.  And no, whacking things with my blade on a stick just did not feel the same.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2014, 06:52:33 AM »

I did, but I didn't really have anything to say in regards to it.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2014, 08:45:39 PM »

I'm just looking forward to playing a proper Warrior Mage again.  As much as I enjoyed DA2, I missed being able to slice and dice things apart in addition to blowing new craters into the ground.  And no, whacking things with my blade on a stick just did not feel the same.

But thats basically want you did with an Arcane Warrior, whack people with your blade aka Auto attack. Whats the difference? I'm hoping this knight enchanter makes a warrior mage more engaging to play than just auto attacks.

I did, but I didn't really have anything to say in regards to it.

Are you excited about the game or does any of the info seem interesting?

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2014, 11:46:32 PM »

I'm glad they re-added racial selection.

It seems so silly to be restricted to playing as a human in a fantasy world in games where you can create your own character.  I'd like for it to be an option in the next ME as well, though somehow I doubt it'll happen.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2014, 08:50:28 AM »

Are you excited about the game or does any of the info seem interesting?
I guess I am excited? I'm not so hyped that I am keeping track of the news, but I have already preordered the game.

I am very curious as to how the Dragon Age Keep is going to work (although I am disappointed that my....tweaked DA2 save file is not going to be carried over, so no getting to see whether Allister or what's his face will win in terms of variable priority). Actually there are a lot of save game things that I am going to be curious to see what is possible, for example will the keep allow importing romances for both Morrigan and Leliana or will I have to make a choice. And I just realized you never mentioned the Keep, meh w/e.

Don't have a feel for the companions, so no real strong opinions regarding them. On a first look, I'll probably end up romancing Sera assuming I find her interesting, but again don't have a strong feel for her at the moment. Also feel I need to say that Leliana looks weird in that image you linked to.

I'm not sure what class I'm going to play atm. I have played warriors in the past two, but if you can start the Knight Enchanter specialization fairly early on, then I might do that instead.

Don't care about playable race.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2014, 02:01:48 AM »

But thats basically want you did with an Arcane Warrior, whack people with your blade aka Auto attack. Whats the difference? I'm hoping this knight enchanter makes a warrior mage more engaging to play than just auto attacks.

True.  Then again, I'm too used to playing Origins with mods on the PC version.  Several of which allowed you to have the Warrior Talents once you learned the Arcane Warrior specialization.  That made the specialization a lot more fun to play.  I'm hoping the Knight Enchanter allows more to do without having to mess around with mods as much, that took some time to learn to figure out.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2014, 08:24:10 AM »

Very curious if they can redeem themselves after the beating DA2 took. Its still under the EA banner so day one DLC is bound to be on the horizon but most people can probably live with that. Its DA vs Witcher, round two (or three if you want to compare the 1st ones). Either way, both games are bound to make a regular PC cry.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 3 Feels rushed, but it's not bad
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2014, 07:09:39 AM »

So, there is apparently a Gamestop exclusive collector's edition with a ton of physical goodies. Took this chance to change my system from PC to PS3 in view of the Dragon Age Keep allowing system transitions now while keeping world states. Also apparently the game is in alpha now. So yay.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2014, 01:38:11 PM »

so will we be able to convert save? cause i never finished DA2 lol.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2014, 02:39:18 PM »

Unlike ME, DA doesn't bring much of anything important anyway.
DA:O to DA2 was just a bit of lore.

I think the 2 things I noticed being transferred were that my warden was a female mage and that Alistair was king.

I imagine it'll probably be something akin.
Given that DA2's plot is pretty strict, I'm not even sure what you can influence that would be big enough other than who Hawk was and which sibling survived (if any).
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2014, 06:43:28 AM »

so will we be able to convert save? cause i never finished DA2 lol.
Saves won't be imported with DAI. Instead they have decided to make a cloud based free service (Dragon Age Keep) to create world states that you can import. So you'll be able create a world state for all the variables that the game cares about before starting the game and then import that world save into the game regardless of if you have played through Origins or 2.

I think they pretty much had to do this since there were import bugs from DAO->DA2, so that could have caused some issues. Also it should allow for importing an Orlesian Warden for DAA with all of the DAO variables you want. An additional benefit is that you can import your world save to any system (so I'm switching from PC to PS3) so no need to stick to the same platform that you played DAO or DA2 with.

Sadly they are implementing logic to ensure that all the choices made are consistent with how they are supposed to be. So my "perfect" DA2 save won't be recreatable since I screwed around with the variables to make a few impossible situations arise like Allister a Warden despite Loghain being alive. Also I'm 90% sure that the Keep won't allow for my warden to have romanced both Lelianna and Morgan despite a bug in that game allowing it.

Unlike ME, DA doesn't bring much of anything important anyway.
DA:O to DA2 was just a bit of lore.

I think the 2 things I noticed being transferred were that my warden was a female mage and that Alistair was king.

I imagine it'll probably be something akin.
Given that DA2's plot is pretty strict, I'm not even sure what you can influence that would be big enough other than who Hawk was and which sibling survived (if any).
Eh there are details that transfer which could be important to some people, such as Lelianna mentioning a romance with the Warden, and then there were a bunch of minor details that get mentioned depending on variables. Mostly the variables added or removed minor quests. Off the top of my head, encountering Sophia if you freed her, encountering a former werewolf if you cured them, encountering a relative of the traditional dwarf if you put the progressive dwarf on the throne, a minor side quest depending on whether you protected the city or farms in DAA, and you get one of two side quests if Nethaniel survives or dies (although this one did have a bug associated with it).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: