Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 05:51:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334853 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon Age 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Dragon Age 3  (Read 11870 times)
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2014, 11:47:46 PM »

It didn't make sense under any context. Art assets were blatantly re-used. The truth is that DA2 was a spinoff game made into a full sequel.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2014, 12:40:51 PM »

It didn't make sense under any context. Art assets were blatantly re-used. The truth is that DA2 was a spinoff game made into a full sequel.

Art assets being re-used was a shame, but only being able to travel Kirkwall and its surroundings made sense for the story. Becoming the champion and forging the city the way you want through the decisions was really cool and I got really involved with everything the city had going on. It was more intensified than the story in the first one, which was more about the lore and exploring Ferelden. They both had strengths and flaws in them. DA2's were just easier to spot because it happened to be things that people loved about the first game that they changed or cut. Anyway, I totally disagree with your comment that it was a spin-off and not a full-fledged sequel, but we are derailing this topic so I'll stop.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2014, 02:12:06 AM »

DA2 was originally called Dragon Age Exodus. You can disagree all you want but this is a fact.

Another fact: the direction of the game was so appalling that the lead designer of DA:O quit Bioware.

Anyways, I hope they can turn DA3 around and appease fans of both origins and 2.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2014, 06:24:54 PM »

More gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCGJACVoMPI

I just skipped through it briefly to avoid spoilers. But it actually looks decent. They have clearly addressed DA:O fans here by adding more tactical input. I only hope that there are no more repsawning/rushing enemies like in DA2.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2014, 08:06:02 PM »

The soft voice on the big Qunari lady is pretty entertaining.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2014, 09:54:10 PM »

Line from the video...
Code:
"But think of the mayhem, Sera.  Maaaaayheeeeeem!"

Iron Bull totally won me over with that comment alone.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2014, 01:42:57 PM »

Actually.. anyone understands what is meant by:
- Rogues will now have access to use bows.

I mean I could use a bow in DA:O and DA2 on my rogue and there were skills for them too.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2014, 06:53:54 AM »

I mean I could use a bow in DA:O and DA2 on my rogue and there were skills for them too.
I think that maybe you had to take the first bow skill as a rogue before you had access to using the bow? Alternatively it might be referring to companion rogues (excluding Varric since I am sure he will exclusively use Bianca)?
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2014, 04:08:58 PM »

I think that maybe you had to take the first bow skill as a rogue before you had access to using the bow? Alternatively it might be referring to companion rogues (excluding Varric since I am sure he will exclusively use Bianca)?
If you were a rogue, you could equip a bow from the get go in Origins/Awakening and 2.  Warriors could also use bows in Origins/Awakening.

So no idea why that'd change in this one.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2014, 06:30:00 PM »

I don't think it's changed.  My guess is that they were referring to an older demo build or the alpha, when they hadn't fully implemented bows yet.  There's no way they're going to stop having archer rogues. 

trexrell
Kelt Warrior

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2014, 05:52:51 PM »

I recently was playing through Dragon Age 2 because of my low expectations, mainly because of reviews. I am really enjoying it. Except for "companion armor'. I really hope they do away with that.

As far as bows go I knew warriors and rouges could use them. Seems weird to make that a bullet point. Seems like a Madden tactic. You would think they were apart of......... EA. LOL that is a pretty good way of advertising. Perhaps they mean you can switch between the two.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2014, 05:56:08 PM »

Except for "companion armor'. I really hope they do away with that.

They already explicitly said they're getting rid of that.

trexrell
Kelt Warrior

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2014, 07:51:39 PM »

Except for "companion armor'. I really hope they do away with that.

They already explicitly said they're getting rid of that.

That is awesome. I definitely should look more into it. The only good thing that came of that was spending less armor on my companions and putting more of it towards my tank.

I kind of hope Sten shows back up.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2014, 09:03:37 PM »

I recently was playing through Dragon Age 2 because of my low expectations, mainly because of reviews. I am really enjoying it. Except for "companion armor'. I really hope they do away with that.

As far as bows go I knew warriors and rouges could use them. Seems weird to make that a bullet point. Seems like a Madden tactic. You would think they were apart of......... EA. LOL that is a pretty good way of advertising. Perhaps they mean you can switch between the two.

Glad to see someone else is enjoying DA2 as well. I just beat it about a week ago and really liked it.

trexrell
Kelt Warrior

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2014, 10:57:54 PM »

Glad to see someone else is enjoying DA2 as well. I just beat it about a week ago and really liked it.

I kind of cheated today I looked up the other companions because I want to rock with another warrior lol. I can't wait to find that slave elf.

I really wanted to play it because it ties into 3 with the reoccurring characters.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: