Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 09:47:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341214 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  I love Sony.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: I love Sony.  (Read 4446 times)
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2013, 09:30:15 PM »

Not to put any doubt on the capabilities of Anonymous members, but unlike Sony, Microsoft kind of knows their way around network security. It would take a lot more effort to hack the Xbone network than the PS3's.

I know, I just can't help but love havoc and mayhem. ^^
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2013, 09:31:49 PM »

Not to put any doubt on the capabilities of Anonymous members, but unlike Sony, Microsoft kind of knows their way around network security. It would take a lot more effort to hack the Xbone network than the PS3's.

Yes, you're right.  No Microsoft product has ever had any kind of security issues...

Besides, all it would take is a DDOS.  There really is no good way to defend against DDOS'ing if there's a big enough botnet doing it.

ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2013, 09:58:01 PM »

*edit* removed... much as I like random theorizing, random theorizing over how to hurt a company's network is likely pretty stupid. ^^
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:58:30 PM by zMKnightz » Logged
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2013, 10:04:58 PM »

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2013, 10:38:11 PM »

Hey, want another reason to love Sony?  Awesome PSN sale going on right now!.

Jeez, $20 for Tomb Raider already? Didn't that just come out a couple of months ago?  Glad I didn't get it then...

ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2013, 10:57:44 PM »

Hey, want another reason to love Sony?  Awesome PSN sale going on right now!.

Jeez, $20 for Tomb Raider already? Didn't that just come out a couple of months ago?  Glad I didn't get it then...

This is what I hate about having little time to game and loving RPG above all else. I scroll down a list of great games going "Eh... meh..."
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2013, 03:24:11 PM »

Nice clarification from Sony - they will not allow PS4 games to require "online passes."

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/194150/Further_clarification_on_Sonys_DRM_policies_No_more_online_pass.php

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2013, 03:39:29 PM »

Nice clarification from Sony - they will not allow PS4 games to require "online passes."

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/194150/Further_clarification_on_Sonys_DRM_policies_No_more_online_pass.php

My friend who is adamant about getting his XBONE sent me this. Which is dated a day later after this article. Not sure what to think. http://www.forbes.com/sites/emmawoollacott/2013/06/12/sorry-playstation-4-games-may-still-carry-drm/

"Oh, a hunter..."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2013, 03:42:30 PM »

Forbes contributor, don't place too much stock in it.
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2013, 03:43:58 PM »

The first article is a direct quote from Sony, and Sony has already directly said that the system will be like PS3 DRM wise. We know that Sony's own games will not have an online pass, and that they think any publisher who tries to include one into one of their games will look stupid. The Forbes article is a joke, Forbes has posted several articles that are all PS4 scares or One love. They had a 6 paragraph article on the $499 price for Xbox being ready for the holiday and being a good deal and at the end a one sentence blurb about the PS4 being $399.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2013, 04:51:35 PM »

From what I read, Sony has few really good memory while MS went with tons of less good one.
That would be what's taking most of the xbone space.

Er, they have the same amount of memory...the memory interface is different, but the size of the chips is the same.

Also, I dont know if Sony stated anything about how their ram is used, but Microsoft did say that only 5 of the 8 gbs will be used for gaming.

The Forbes article is a joke, Forbes has posted several articles that are all PS4 scares or One love. They had a 6 paragraph article on the $499 price for Xbox being ready for the holiday and being a good deal and at the end a one sentence blurb about the PS4 being $399.

Somehow, not surprised at all.  It's things like this that made me glad Sony made that Used Video Instruction Guide to poke fun at Microsoft.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: