Author Topic: Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F

Cyril

• View Profile
Re: Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2014, 09:13:20 PM »
Anyone playing Diva f2 still?

I've been working on Extreme and I believe the higher difficulty songs in this game have actually damaged the muscle in my wrist and thumb.  Yet I can't stop playing, it's so addicting.

Trying to 100% it is kinda obnoxious, though, since you need random Requests in the Diva room.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 09:16:12 PM by Cyril »

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2014, 10:15:28 PM »
I never touch Extreme Mode, I just don't have that kind of talent. I'm still trying to work out my favorite tracks in this one, there's so many good ones to choose from. I think my top three right now are Close and Open, SPiCa, and (as much as I hate to pick all Miku songs) Sakura Rain.

Will definitely be playing for a long time to come since I dropped the $100 on the DLC

Cyril

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2014, 10:45:41 PM »
I actually find Miku's song selection to be the weakest, while Luka's and Rin's are almost completely flawless.

Miku-wise, the only songs I really like a lot are Open and Close (which is also super fun to play), Two Sided Lovers (which I am convinced is the hardest song to pass in the game on Extreme), and The Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee.  Miku actually has a few songs I actively dislike, but are fun to play, like Romeo and Cinderella, which only has a section in the middle after the first technical zone that I like, and Miku Miku ni Shite Ageru.

But hey, opinions.

Also, this game prepares you for Extreme a lot better than Diva f1 did.  I was getting consistent Excellents on Hard in Diva f1 and couldn't really do Extreme well, but the added difficulty in Hard in Diva f2 makes you a lot more prepared for the transition.  I'd suggest doing Packaged, Kokoro, and Meltdown on Extreme. Maybe Melt too, since the notes are pretty basic but it's moderately fast.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2014, 11:16:04 PM »
In terms of playing, the ones I have the most fun with are Knife, Pinky Swear, and Luka Night Fever. Worst for me to play is Doubleganger... I hate that thing so much. Though I agree, in terms of song quality, there's really nothing I don't like about Rin and Luka's songs. I don't really like playing Double Lariat, but that's because it's deceptively difficult.

Cyril

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2014, 11:28:02 PM »
I actually found Double Lariat to be easier on Extreme than Hard.  

I don't know if you've played it on Hard, but there are those long circle strings of notes that can be a bit hard to time.  On Extreme, it's not just one note, but they switch as they go around the circle, like XXXOOOOTrianglex5 instead of something like Square x12 on Hard. The switching up makes those chains easier for me and I'm less likely to make a mistake.

I don't really remember normal for it, but I assume the circular chains aren't as long.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2014, 08:26:35 AM »
That doesn't surprise me as there are plenty of songs that seem a bit easier on Hard than on Normal, Luka Night Fever being the most extreme example I've come across.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2015, 04:28:05 PM »
I GOT A PERFECT ON HARD MODE WITHOUT EVEN TRYING!! =D

I've yet to get a perfect on any song in Normal mode, but I was farming Melt in Hard Mode for the final unlockable, and on my second try I suddenly noticed my chain was past 300 and I knew the rest of the song was fairly easy, so I went for it and totally got it!

Whee! On cloud nine right now, even if Melt is an extremely easy song.

Cyril

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2015, 05:13:46 PM »
Ha, all right! 

I actually find perfecting Hard the most natural because on Easy the notes are placed wierdly and not always in time with the music, and on Normal they sometimes miss notes with the music that I feel like should have button presses to them. Hard is where I feel they finally start with button presses on every note like they should be.

Cyril

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2015, 10:48:22 PM »
So forgive the double post, but for the first time ever, the west is getting a Miku game before Japan:
http://gematsu.com/2015/01/hatsune-miku-project-mirai-dx-release-date-set

This is a pretty big deal.  It seems like SEGA's gambling in bringing the Diva games over really paid off.

Edit: And yes, I'm aware it's basically an updated re-release.  But still!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 10:50:40 PM by Cyril »

Dincrest

• Foot-in-Mouth disease
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Overuser of analogies, similes, and metaphors
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2015, 07:56:58 PM »
Anyone try the demo for the new 3DS Miku game?  It comes out this month.  I tried the demo and enjoyed it a lot.  It felt like Miku meets Gitaroo Man. 
"I think I'm losing it.  I'm pulling out my hair trying to figure out what couch defines me as a person.  This is freaking madness.  This is hopeless.  This... my perfect little habitat here, and I still don't even know who I am."  - from Dow Jones and the Temple of Doom by Burnt By The Sun

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2015, 08:41:49 PM »
It felt like Miku meets Gitaroo Man. 

And that's why I didn't try the demo: I'm already sold.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2015, 09:04:12 PM »
I had it on preorder when it was supposed to come out in May, so no real reason to try the demo for me either.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2015, 12:25:32 AM »
Anyone try the demo for the new 3DS Miku game? 

*Sigh* Since I can't afford a lot of games right now, I decided to try the demo for this. And yeah, it was fun. Tap mode seems really overly simple, but it's a nice addition still, and button mode is still as good as ever. And of course it was nice to dress up Miku. I could definitely see myself having a lot of fun with Project Mirai DX, though I still will have to wait for a sale...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 12:27:32 AM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes