Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 11:16:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327467 Posts in 13409 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F  (Read 4419 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: June 13, 2013, 05:36:49 AM »

I just had to make a thread for this game :)

I'm still in disbelief that Sega is actually bringing this over.  I've already played the heck out of lowercase-f (the Vita version) from importing it, but I never did get F.  I kind of prefer these games on a portable and the couple extra songs in F weren't quite enough to sell it to me (well, I did almost buy it just for Tell Your World...).  But I guess I should show my support since they're actually localizing it.  Not that there was much to localize...

The demo is out on PSN already and I tried it out today.  It's just like the Japanese demo.  I was kind of surprised that they didn't even translate the song lyrics, just romanized them.  But then, it's not like you have time to read song lyrics while playing the game.  Otherwise this was obviously a super-easy game to localize.  It's really just menus.  I'm quite curious how it's going to sell.  I think a lot of the hardcore fans already imported it, especially since the games don't really require any knowledge of Japanese.  But I guess the really hardcore fans will buy it again.

My biggest concern is that it's supposed to be hitting in August.  We've already got Dragon's Crown and Tales of Xillia in August...what a busy month.  I'm also a bit concerned that despite the fact that it's supposed to be out in just a couple months they still don't have a firm date (just 'August') and it's not even listed on Amazon...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 06:11:21 AM by Kevadu » Logged

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 05:39:13 AM »

What.

Sega is bringing it over?

How did I miss this?
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 06:12:23 AM »

Well, it was only announced fairly recently.  Like a week or so ago.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 07:45:26 AM »

Are we talking digital download only or are they actually doing a physical copy localization?
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 11:21:46 AM »

My relationship with rhythm games (and this one in particular based on the demo) is very strange. I find them extremely difficult, but I can't get enough of them. Theatrhythm is the only rhythm game that I found less challenging and even that one has it's moments.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 12:53:27 PM »

Are we talking digital download only or are they actually doing a physical copy localization?

You know, I'm not sure they've even said.  I guess being download-only is quite possible.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 04:59:55 PM »

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/06/hatsune_miku_project_diva_f_pulling_shapes_on_ps3_this_august

According to this source, it's Pysical and Digital in North America, and digital-only in Europe.

Anyways, I'll likely get this to support Sega bringing over a weird Japanese game...but...I don't like Vocaloid. I mean, it just sounds too weird to me.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 05:03:02 PM »

Physical and Digital in North America

Sega can count on my money =)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 06:13:25 PM »

My relationship with rhythm games (and this one in particular based on the demo) is very strange. I find them extremely difficult, but I can't get enough of them. Theatrhythm is the only rhythm game that I found less challenging and even that one has it's moments.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 07:31:08 PM »

I thought I sucked at these games at first myself.  Then I played them a bunch and got better.

OK, that probably doesn't sound terribly insightful.  But I do that that even more than any other genre out there, doing well in rhythm games is just all about repetition.  Repetition, repetition, repetition.  There's no trick to it.  But if you play the same song a bunch you will learn it by heart.

Even though I hadn't touched the game in months, when I tried out the English demo I only made two mistakes on World's End Dancehall (the hardest song in the demo) my first time through.  Of course then I naturally felt compelled to go back and do it again until I perfected it...but that's another story.  It's easy to become OCD about getting perfects in these games...but anyway, I assure you that I sucked royally the first time I played a Project Diva game.  Couldn't even pass some songs without dropping the difficulty to easy.  Now I won't even touch easy.  It's too boring.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 10:59:32 PM »

That's generally how rhythm games work.  You're always terrible at them at first, but you practice over and over, usually on one or two songs, and get better.  Even doing a really hard song and failing is a lesson.  If any of you think you're bad at Rhythm games, just remember: when they first started, everyone else was just as bad, or worse, than you as well.

I remember my first time playing DDR and thinking that normal and some easy difficulty songs were hard.  
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:03:45 PM by Cyril » Logged
Jotacon
Contributing Editor

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 03:01:35 AM »

Yeah Rhythm games are like any good challenge based genre. I think of them like I think of Godhand, Zone of the Enders or fighting games. Games I just play to get better at them for fun.   Either way, I played this today and it is very fun. The rhythm stuff was pretty fun, I had to play World's End Dance Hall 3 times before I completed it and now I have the song stuck in my head. Also, costumes activate the part of my brain that just makes me happy. Like opening treasure chests.
Does anyone know the price? 'cause I might buy it if the price is right.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 06:52:59 PM »

Just happened to check on Amazon and the game is listed now.  Only $50.  Kind of surprising since it was definitely full-price in Japan.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 08:29:36 PM »

Just happened to check on Amazon and the game is listed now.  Only $50.  Kind of surprising since it was definitely full-price in Japan.

Eh, more limited user base here and it'll be hard selling a rhythm game at full price now. Hatsune Miku SEEMS to be big enough over there that they can go full price, nevermind different expectations on software pricing (and used games being a better way to get cheap than here.)
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 10:21:38 PM »

Loved the demo (esp. the third song), do want.

I approve of this nonsense!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: