Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 12:38:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341230 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F  (Read 6486 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2013, 09:37:09 PM »

I'm not a big fan of Freely Tomorrow, but I think that's partially because the video in the game reminds me a little too much of the FFX-2 opening.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2013, 08:58:39 PM »

I can safely say that the only song I genuinely disliked here is Rin Chan Now!  Gosh that song was annoying.  Even Nyan-cat was more bearable. 

And "Hm? Ah, Yes!" is still my favorite song in the game. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2013, 09:32:01 PM »

Yeah, that song was frustrating too 'cause it was so tough to hear the actual "music."

Which sucks since Rin Kagamine is my fave.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2013, 11:57:06 PM »

All this talk about the game has convinced me to actually play my copy ;)

It's kind of frustrating having to start over.  Obviously there's no way to import my stats from the Japanese Vita version to the US PS3 version.  Now I'm having to unlock everything again.  And even though I should be able to fly through normal to get the hard versions of songs I find myself obsessively perfect-hunting.  If I miss a song by just a couple notes I have to go back and perfect it.  So it's taking a while...well, I've gotten like 6 perfects so far.  But that's on normal when I really should be playing on hard.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2013, 02:59:21 AM »

I'm up to 29 perfects on normal, but I'm finally got sick of it and just finished off the rest with excellents...

Maybe I'll do the rest sometime just to have all perfects, but if you want to get points to spend in the store then normal feels like a waste of time.  Like, even a great on hard can net you more points than a perfect on normal (and I would argue it's a lot easier to get the former).  Not to mention the possibility of getting excellents or perfects on hard...of course, playing on extreme would theoretically get you even more points, but that starts getting really difficult...

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2013, 09:47:47 AM »

I actually just got my first Normal Perfect. Was on "What do you mean!?" (one of my favorite songs, particularly the instrumental bits)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2013, 01:59:16 AM »

Jesus christ, I need to stop trying to perfect World's End Dancehall on hard.  It's driving me up the wall.  The thing is, I've done it before (on the Vita version) so I know I can do it, but I just keep making dumb mistakes.  I've now completed the song with only a single mistake no less than five times...with the mistake in a completely different spot each time.  That kind of thing just makes me want to get the perfect even more...it's become an obsession.  But as I play I get fatigued and start making more stupid mistakes...a vicious cycle...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 02:01:23 AM by Kevadu » Logged

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2013, 07:59:55 AM »

After only about 20 more tries I'm finally getting the hang of Negaposi*Continues and managed a Great on Normal. Man that song is nasty.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2013, 04:23:33 PM »

As far as songs go, I do enjoy listening to Negaposi*Continues because it has a bunch of unpredictable changes and off-timey stuff that keeps it interesting.  But playing it is a beast because it has a bunch of unpredictable changes and off-timey stuff. 

I managed to get a 21.3 on "Hm? Ah, Yes" on Extreme.  I've never gotten something that high on Extreme before.  Even the easiest song in the game, "Ashes to Ashes," I only eked out an 18.3 on Extreme. 

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2013, 08:57:09 PM »

So after playing it more than just the once to clear it, I have to say that there is absolutely nothing I don't like about "Tokyo Teddy Bear"

- Features Rin Kagamine. my fave vocaloid.
- Video tells a deliciously dark story.
- Instrumental parts are rockin'
- Song itself is catchy without getting stuck in your head.
- Rhythm game is challenging but never feels frustrating or unfair.

By far my favorite song out of all of them.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2013, 09:17:23 PM »

That's a good one.  I need to play that one again. 

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2013, 09:43:34 PM »

Senbonzakura on hard is crazy.  While I haven't gone around trying to perfect everything on hard yet (though I've got a few perfects...), I did make sure to get at least excellent on everything except Senbonzakura, which is sitting there as a blight on my record with a measly great...

Weird observation: I actually got the trophy for buying all the modules but according to the game statistics I actually only have 94% of them.  What's with that?  Are there hidden modules or something...

Speaking of trophies, this is one of those games where you don't get a lot of trophies at first but there's actually a flood of them towards the end (since most of them are of the form "do all X" or "collect all X").  It's actually a pretty easy platinum.  You don't have to do perfects or even touch extreme mode, oddly enough...it could have been a pretty hard platinum if they made you do that...

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2013, 06:24:57 PM »

So it was announced today that the Vita version is going to be released here too sometime next year.  Digital-only, though.  Guess the PS3 version did OK.  I hope this means that Project Diva F 2nd is going to be localized too...

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2014, 03:10:27 AM »

I seem to post in this thread a lot...

Anyway, thought I'd point out that there's a song digest trailer up for Project Diva F 2nd.  Wonder if they're going to localize this one...

Honestly, I was pretty disappointed.  Not because they're bad songs or anything (it's a pretty good song list, actually), but because so many of them are old songs.  That were already done in the PSP games.  Sometimes more than once.  Sure there are a few new additions, and we haven't seen the old songs with pretty F graphics and all, but there were just so many old songs that it feels more like a "greatest hits" collection than something new.  I think there were fewer new additions than in Project Diva Extend, which itself was kind of billed as a "greatest hits" collection which is why it didn't get a proper number (though it actually has my favorite track list of any Project Diva game)...

I also hope that isn't that full track list.  32 songs isn't terrible, but with so many repeats in there you would think they could have managed to fit a few more in...

But I'm curious what people who haven't been following these games all along and haven't played the PSP games think of it.  I guess for people new to the series it's a good opportunity.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2014, 03:15:50 PM »

I haven't really been playing that long, but I do know I can't stand World is Mine.

I think Diva F had a stronger song selection overall, from the ones I know on that list.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: