Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 08:30:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334650 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Bully
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bully  (Read 2118 times)
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 24, 2006, 01:55:20 PM »

So, ive been reading the reviews for this game.  Sounds pretty fun.

The idea of playing a game set in highschool sounds kinda lame, till you realize you can beat the crap outta the assholes, and mess with teh teachers, all while doing all the stuff you couldnt do in real school.

Im actually really thinking about picking this up, but ill see what the RPGfan group has to say.  Anyone pick this up and play it yet?  Whats your opinion on it.  

Peace.

(And if you say you didnt cause your waiting for FFXII and PSU..yeah ok I get it...lol)

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 02:32:50 PM »

It's fun, kind of repetitive though. I get a kick out of it because I get to do all the things I wasn't allowed to in school. You get new stuff whenever you do necessary tasks like go to class, etc. And it's funny when you fuck up the preppies and they think their pansy asses can take you.

It's good fun for about 15 to 20 hours, but you'll put it down soon after and never touch it again.

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 06:18:00 PM »

Been playing through it and I like it thus far. Just got up to chapter 3 (out of 5 I believe) and it can be pretty repeatitive, but the missions are fun to screw around with and free roaming can be fun. No death, blood or anything like that. Think of it like GTA-lite.

There is NO columbine simulation like Jack Thompson made some people think and follow his word.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 06:08:47 PM »

I played up to around 35% completion and it was entertaining for a while but, yeah, much like GTA it gets old after a while.  Personally, this type of game can't hold my attention for more than a few days. I got tired of Saints Row and San Andreas also before I reached 50%

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 03:33:49 PM »

I picked it up yesterday, and I think it's pretty good. It's a bit like GTA, but it's a hell of a lot more like Shenmue for the Dreamcast. Some of the school classes are hard, and the days seem way too short, but it's a lot cooler than I thought it'd be.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 05:34:07 PM »

I'd like to give it a spin sometime. While their games have been grotesquely overrated, they're still fun, and this might be more enjoyable than their other efforts.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 06:10:19 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
I'd like to give it a spin sometime. While their games have been grotesquely overrated, they're still fun, and this might be more enjoyable than their other efforts.

Ohl, it is funner. I can't stand the GTA series... not a single GTA out there I could sit and play all the way through, but I think I can do it with this game. Like I said, it's oddly similar to Shenmue to me. It's kind of funny, I don't like the GTA series, but love Simpsons: Hit And Run, which is a copycat game.
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2006, 11:03:21 AM »

This game changed its name to Canis Canem Edit over here, because everyone thought the game was actually about going around bullying school kids, rather than getting back at them... Some people will complain about anything, even a title.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2006, 01:05:41 PM »

Quote from: "ZE GRAND MASTER"
This game changed its name to Canis Canem Edit over here, because everyone thought the game was actually about going around bullying school kids, rather than getting back at them... Some people will complain about anything, even a title.

Save for Jack Thompson, who would just look at the developer, I imagine a lot of people would've ignored the game entirely had it been named that from the start here too.
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 03:53:48 PM »

I can think of plenty of games that have been renamed over here. SMT: Nocturne got remamed to Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call (despite the fact it isn't about that), and Trace Memory's known by a name that kinda spoils the plot a bit.

I think the only game I can think of that got renamed in the US and not Europe was Fahrenheit, which is known as The Indigo Prophecy over there - and most of the explicit content edited out. I'm not sure whether the guy who told me that was reliable, though...
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 03:57:25 PM »

Quote from: "ZE GRAND MASTER"
I think the only game I can think of that got renamed in the US and not Europe was Fahrenheit, which is known as The Indigo Prophecy over there - and most of the explicit content edited out. I'm not sure whether the guy who told me that was reliable, though...

Yeah, Fahrenheit is called Indigo Prophecy in the US. And that version does have the
Code:
sex scene
towards the end edited out.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: