Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 15, 2014, 09:02:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331332 Posts in 13569 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Phantasy Star Universe
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Phantasy Star Universe  (Read 8836 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2006, 01:24:45 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Quote from: "Dios GX"
How can people not want to unlock secret photon arts?

When that time can be spent online, maybe? :P

a lot of the photon arts you can get offline arent available online yet. like hyuga just gave me a single saber pa called gravity strike and lou gave me spiral dance for double saber.i also got a double dagger pa from karen but i aint even gonna try to spell that lol.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2006, 09:38:54 PM »

Quote from: "Alisha"
Quote from: "Eusis"
Quote from: "Dios GX"
How can people not want to unlock secret photon arts?

When that time can be spent online, maybe? :P

a lot of the photon arts you can get offline arent available online yet. like hyuga just gave me a single saber pa called gravity strike and lou gave me spiral dance for double saber.i also got a double dagger pa from karen but i aint even gonna try to spell that lol.

Even though you can't get them online yet, you can still spend time building levels and getting the money to do things like open a shop. With that said, I DID earn a few, such at the one you mentioned from Hyuga, and may build it up to see the level 11 form if I get bored enough.

Having beaten the game and mulled it over in my head, I honestly can't recommend this at the current price just for the offline, not with all the games coming out/already out anyway. I'd wait until it dropped in price, but if you're even remotely interested in playing online, then definitely grab it.
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2006, 05:53:04 PM »

Now that I have a functioning DVD ROM drive, I was finally able to install the game.  I like the combat so far.  My only gripe is that the tutorial assumes you are using the keyboard and mouse to play.  Considering the nature of the gameplay, it is far better suited to be played with a gamepad.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2006, 07:31:00 PM »

What's your name on the game?  You'll probably see some of us on Universe 15 somewhere.
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2006, 12:12:40 PM »

I am currently playing the offline mode only.  I won't be playing the online mode until the offline mode is beaten.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2006, 05:58:10 PM »

I recently beat the offline mode, clocking in at 19 hours. I was sorely unimpressed. The story never had anything that was unpredictable to me, and all of the characters seemed like typically Japanese-anime styled cookie cutters, as the trailer heavily hinted at.

Story is definitely not the offline mode's strong point. One thing I'm confused by at the ending is

Code:
is the online mode suppose to be a continuation of the offline mode, or is it supposed to be happening at the same time? Seeing as how they supposedly sent all the SEED to another plane, I can't see the online mode as being a continuation, yet that is what was being implied.
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2006, 09:40:03 AM »

Quote from: "Hathen"
I recently beat the offline mode, clocking in at 19 hours. I was sorely unimpressed. The story never had anything that was unpredictable to me, and all of the characters seemed like typically Japanese-anime styled cookie cutters, as the trailer heavily hinted at.

Story is definitely not the offline mode's strong point. One thing I'm confused by at the ending is

Code:
is the online mode suppose to be a continuation of the offline mode, or is it supposed to be happening at the same time? Seeing as how they supposedly sent all the SEED to another plane, I can't see the online mode as being a continuation, yet that is what was being implied.

i believe to get the most out of story mode you to had to have at least played phantasy star 4. about the ending:
Code:
the containment system only took care of the seed in the guhral system,the hive was just outside of the system and out of the containment systems range

the online story pics up after story mode and theres quests that continue the story. in the first one you meet a new character( a tall beast female) and for reasons unknown to me you are fighting liina and ethan. i have a strong feeling we havent seen the last of magashi.[/code]

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2006, 10:49:20 AM »

Quote from: "Alisha"
i believe to get the most out of story mode you to had to have at least played phantasy star 4.

How?  PSU's story mode has like nothing to do with the standalone series beyond some minor things like races.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2006, 11:43:20 AM »

mostly for theory craft reasons. a lot of the monsters in relics ESPECIALLY DENES relics reminded me of the beings that you meet in phantasy star 4 on rykros.plus the fact that the vast majority of of monsters in relics are light. also the seed being attracted to A-photons wich in turn are connected with relics. you could say that relics are somehow associated with the great light. plus the fight you see between light and dark monsters could be part of the civil war that i believe was mentioned in ps4.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2006, 05:07:06 PM »

I cancelled for now. I'll probably return in a few monthes, after a sufficiently long break plus a plathora of added content, but I was just being bored when I played, and I don't think new content would've helped. I can still play until the 10th though, so I'll definitely be checking out the new stuff when it's put up and still achieve my goal of getting level 5 in all basic classes.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: