Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 01:02:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337994 Posts in 13836 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dark Souls 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls 2  (Read 27226 times)
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: November 06, 2014, 07:16:01 AM »

Now you know my pain, DPB.

I did eventually manage to kill Fume Knight (albeit with help from another player), but it took a ridiculous number of attempts, and many embarrassing co-op deaths.

The difficulty of the Ivory King DLC was far more reasonable, I even managed to kill the first boss on my first try. That said, I didn't bother completing the optional area there since it was such a chore to get through.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 06, 2014, 08:18:16 AM »

I just reviewed Lords of the Fallen for the site. 

Long story short, it's not very good.  Cool ideas but some serious balancing problems and the whole thing is mighty glitchy. 
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: November 06, 2014, 11:28:18 AM »

I just reviewed Lords of the Fallen for the site. 

Long story short, it's not very good.  Cool ideas but some serious balancing problems and the whole thing is mighty glitchy. 

Ah, ok. Just found your review. Thats a shame. Why do companies ruin their games with buggy releases? Disappointing. Looks like we got to wait and see how Bloodborne turns out.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: November 06, 2014, 04:12:45 PM »

I think the main game on NG is pretty easy (with a few exceptionally hard bosses).  NG+ is a whole different beast, however, and the DLC is murderously hard to the point of insanity.

Murderously hard or insanity are not a words I would use for any Souls game so far. I associate Souls more with discipline and perseverance.

There's also what I've said in the previous page, but I'm not gonna repeat myself.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 06, 2014, 04:42:19 PM »

^Going to have to slightly disagree on the above when it comes to DSII's DLC.  Some of those encounters are just annoying and lack some of the grace and elegance of the other two games.  I didn't find the murder pit in DLC2 to be all that great.  Just had to cheese the enemies to beat them by shooting arrows from above.  Also, the dudes who spit lava out of their shoulders were push overs using the same technique.  It just feels like some of those things weren't thought through during development.  That just my opinion, though, and I seem to be in the minority of fans who liked the main game of DSII but hated the DLC. 
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: November 06, 2014, 05:07:44 PM »

I don't know man. I think you are being a bit too stubborn with your hate.

Just saying. Don't take it to heart.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 02:40:48 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: