Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 12:29:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338440 Posts in 13854 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Second
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Bravely Second  (Read 2881 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2014, 04:43:53 PM »

Let it also be known how ANGRY direct sequels make me when a member from my former  Level 99 party can't get herself out of prison.  Agnes should take STANCE.... Be all "I'VE SLAIN GODS DAMMIT.  ALL DOORS SHOULD BE HALF THEIR HEIGHT SO PEOPLE MUST CRAWL IN ON THEIR KNEES TO SEE ME.  F*** THIS PRISON DETAIL, Y'ALL ARE DEAD TONIGHT"

How many games actually do that?
I hear LoH:TitS does it... and I can't even think of one other.

VP2 is one of the worst offender =/ I mean Lenneth CREATOR is one of the weakest character.

Technically VP2 is in a different timeline where Lenneth went and saved the future from Ganon. Likewise, Covenant of the Plume takes place in the timeline where Lenneth dies (assuming you were at all an asshat).

At least with FFX-2, Yuna does depower due to Summons no longer being a thing which was her thing in FFX. Too bad this does nothing to justify Rikku's depowerment. Even FFXIII-2 was better about it since Lightning starts the game with all six of her ATB segments (which does nothing to save her from disappearing off the face of the game or getting completely chumped off screen as an aside).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Iron Maw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2014, 03:50:43 AM »

I think need to remember that Agnes has probably hasn't been fighting for 7 years. Her being Pope is pretty much just a high tier desk, so her being rusty from being out of combat so believable to me. Otherwise she wouldn't need guards.

Anyway on to other news:
TGS live demo demonstration!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU12X0u1CbE

Stuff:
-First off, dungeon design has been TOTALLY revamped! It's no long isometric or fairly drab looking and more atmospheric.
-The music (or what little i could hear) so pretty awesome, the new Asterisk Holder boss theme (I think) in particular sounds really intense. 
-Apparently there new class in the demo called Wizard (we couldn't see it's design though) which had some interesting new spells like Fire Mist (which seems to do continuous damage kinda of like poison) and Lightning Hammer.
-Did I mention that music is awesome?! :D
-Jean and Nikolas are definitely playable or at least temporally anyway.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2014, 09:13:06 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/08/bravely-second-adds-even-useful-functions-game/

Some new stuff, including a new Wizard Job, new features like the ability to repeat commands at the press of the button rather than having to select each one manually and new abilities like the Wizard's "Postscript" ability which alters spells with added effects or "Halfies" which looks to make healing items multitarget at the expense of the item's effectiveness.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2014, 11:10:38 PM »

Minor rant: For a game as stylistic as Brave Default, their CG models are icky and I wish they did what they did with FFTactics PSP.

Anyways, I'm happy to see an actual adult on the team to diversify the look of things a bit.  Dunno how I feel about Agnes being the new Airy though.  Wizard "postscripts" sound interesting and I have complete faith in BD crew creating interesting adjuncts and strange skills to make turn-based interesting again (hopefully with more time and less obnoxious "Groundhog Day" storyline I'll be able to and want to play on a difficulty harder than "EASY").  If that weird tune on the world map these IS the new world map theme ---- gross.  I do wonder how much is/will be recycled.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2014, 12:32:44 AM »

hopefully with more time and less obnoxious "Groundhog Day" storyline

I don't know about the rest of your worries/complaints/comments, but I can almost guarantee there won't be a mindfuck groundhog day storyline simply due to Naotaka Hayashi no longer being the writer.  He loves that kind of thing.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2014, 12:35:06 AM »

I don't know about the rest of your worries/complaints/comments, but I can almost guarantee there won't be a mindfuck groundhog day storyline simply due to Naotaka Hayashi no longer being the writer.  He loves that kind of thing.

I don't know how goofball decisions like that get through to productions.  I honestly think I would have dropped the game if I was playing the original Japanese run (that didn't have controlled difficulties/encounters)

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2014, 01:32:04 PM »

I don't know how goofball decisions like that get through to productions.  I honestly think I would have dropped the game if I was playing the original Japanese run (that didn't have controlled difficulties/encounters)

It probably sounded a lot better on paper than what either we or Japan got since the game was pretty low effort about the deal. I know when I got to Chapter 5, I was thinking we were going to get something more akin to what FFs V and VI (and to a much lesser extent VII) did and remodel the world to essentially give us a brand new one to explore, instead of "Have a bunch of bosses to refight as you redo the highlights of the last four chapters four more times".

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2014, 02:34:17 PM »

I think if it had gone to V and VI way the latter half of game would have been much better.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2014, 03:32:22 PM »

I think if it had gone to V and VI way the latter half of game would have been much better.

Isn't that what I just said? -.-;

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2014, 03:57:27 PM »

Yes, and I was agreeing with you.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2014, 04:21:36 PM »

Haha x)

I agree it probably DID sound better on paper, and I think that after being over-exposed to Luxendarc that poorly in the first game, doing a FFV/VI shake-up would actually be a really good direction this time around....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: